P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Best guitar pedals/amps/set-ups?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:
You find it works well to put modulation effects in front of the amp?

I put ALL my effects in front of the amp, so I can see them!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

All joking aside - when I bought my JCM900 I used to use the effects loop for modulation and it was such a hassle running all these cables everywhere, and one day I ran everything through the preamp and realized I couldn't tell a difference. Shocked

In the band I'm in now I play bass and guitar and I usually just use my solid state bass amp which is nice and clean.... I don't even know if it has a loop Shocked
dronevil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My board is pretty much in reverse of what people usually do - delay first, then modulation, wah at last, all in front of the amp. Sounds fucked up and great for what I do.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do some pretty crazy stuff myself mate.... real risky shit like putting the funky envelope filter AFTER the reverb pedal, and.... well I guess I am pretty by the book. I used to keep a fuzz AFTER the reverb for extra thick tones, but the Rat before sounded better....

I do play a six string natural wood Ibanez bass in a band that could best be described as a hippie collective in the midst of an acid freakout.... so that's something! Shocked Shocked
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just scored a Boss HM-2 made in Japan! So stoked to finally grab one for a reasonable price. New board pics coming soon..... Stay tuned!!!!
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fucking love this HM-2 on bass!! I'm always wary of fuzzes since I use active fruitcake pickups but this just sounds awesome!!!! I'm in love!!!!! Solid impulse craigslist buy!!!!

Current board:

HM-2 closeup:

eighthplague

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not fuzz, keep in mind. Wink
I've used one for years. Traded a Metal Zone for it up-front about ten years ago. Awesome decision.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
I've used one for years. Traded a Metal Zone for it up-front about ten years ago. Awesome decision.

Ha! Very true. I've been on a distortion/fuzz quest for my bass forever and nothing's ever quite right. I was surprised how great this dialed up immediately! I kind of bought it as a novelty Razz might be my go to all the ttime
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
eighthplague wrote:

Ha! Very true. I've been on a distortion/fuzz quest for my bass forever and nothing's ever quite right. I was surprised how great this dialed up immediately! I kind of bought it as a novelty Razz might be my go to all the ttime

I've found that a big muff into an Ampeg classic unleashes pretty much the coolest bass fuzz! We used a Blackstar DistX into an Ampeg on the Cruciamentum MLP, and that turned out pretty crushing. We did use a HM-2 on the demo though actually! The HM-2 actually isn't a bad pedal, and is capable of quite a bit more than the same tired old Swedish sound that it has it's reputation for.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
I've found that a big muff into an Ampeg classic unleashes pretty much the coolest bass fuzz! We used a Blackstar DistX into an Ampeg on the Cruciamentum MLP, and that turned out pretty crushing. We did use a HM-2 on the demo though actually! The HM-2 actually isn't a bad pedal, and is capable of quite a bit more than the same tired old Swedish sound that it has it's reputation for.

Yes - I wanted it more for the Godflesh bass tone than the Entombed/Dismember sound personally. Incidentally I do really love the tone on the Cruciamentum records, both the 10" and the MLP. I know the band is on hiatus but do you have anything else in the works?
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, does anybody have much experience with the VHT amps? The Pitbull model in particular. A friend of mine has one and runs it through a 2x15 Emperor cab. Sound is massive.

Was thinking of looking into one, but I've researched a bit and found they have some issues as well.

Any feedback?
dronevil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragingwinter wrote:
Just out of curiosity, does anybody have much experience with the VHT amps? The Pitbull model in particular. A friend of mine has one and runs it through a 2x15 Emperor cab. Sound is massive.

Was thinking of looking into one, but I've researched a bit and found they have some issues as well.

Any feedback?

I have a GP3 preamp which is basically the preamp section of the Pittbull in a rack mount chassis. Sounds great but not for everyone. It's very uncompressed and unforgiving, to have it sounding great you'd better pick like a bloody sledgehammer.
rh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a couple AMT pedals, an E1 preamp and P-Drive distortion pedal.

Pretty impressed with them, definitely a step up from what I was using before and alot cheaper than going out and buying the amps that they emulate.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dronevil wrote:
Ragingwinter wrote:

Any feedback?

I have a GP3 preamp which is basically the preamp section of the Pittbull in a rack mount chassis. Sounds great but not for everyone. It's very uncompressed and unforgiving, to have it sounding great you'd better pick like a bloody sledgehammer.

Thanks man. Might be something I look into in the future. Just gotta learn to pick with my arm ha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: