P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

MARE LIVE IN USA!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VOTHANA666

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...not going to this, anybody need a ticket?
the coming of blood angel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 DAYS TIL THE BLACK MAGICK FUNERAL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For record stores in the city your best bet is probably Reckless Records, they have 3 locations here. The store on Broadway has the best selection usually but they are all worth checking out. I scored a bunch of early 90s Osmose LPs there for dirt cheap once.

There's Permanent Records, which is kinda hit or miss. I found some old punk gems there.

Dave's Records is pretty cool, they carry ONLY carry vinyl and there's a sign on the outside that says NO CDs. Cool place but I've never really found any good metal there.

Avoid Saki Records and Record Breakers they are overpriced and full of hipsters.

If you want to go out a little farther there's Cyklopx Records in Forest Park which usually has a decent metal selection. There's also a record store across the street which usually doesn't have anything good but it's right there.

There are so many record stores here, plenty I've never been in, I'm sure someone who lives in the city proper can give you a better list.
In Solitude

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The merch tables will be more than enough for me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know what to say about food, there's good shit basically everywhere in the city. I suppose it's worth mentioning for those who don't know but there is a metal burger pub called Kuma's Corner which names all their dishes after metal bands and plays metal all day. They have been in the news lately for their Ghost burger. They don't always play good metal though. It will often go from Pantera to Incantation to Hatebreed to Absu etc etc

One of the best breweries in the country and possible the world is pretty close to the city: THREE FLOYDS. They are about an hour away from the city at most in Munster, Indiana. They have a brewpub that plays mostly metal, but can be very busy on the weekends. If you don't want to leave the city to try their beer there are several bars that carry their brews, especially in the loop.

As for other things to do the Shedd Aquarium is amazing, and right now they have an exhibit where you get to touch these huge stingrays. It's right next to the Adler Planetarium and the Field Museum which are also worth checking out. You shouldn't miss the Art Institute, either.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone coming in from out of town that is not a vegetarian needs to try an Italian Beef sandwich...you won't find them anywhere else in the country. Hot peppers are a mandatory addition (they aren't too hot, but add great flavor). You can find them at the hot dog shops that are on practically every corner of the City.

If people don't feel like driving out to Three Floyds, Revolution Brewing on Milwaukee ave has great beer, but the crowd is very hipster/yuppy. Food is good ,too. I also recommend The Bad Apple on Lincoln ave, great food and about 400 beers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they had those everywhere... damn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the coming of blood angel wrote:
I thought they had those everywhere... damn

Nope. We are truly blessed with this sandwich here. I suppose there is probably a Chicago ex-pat somewhere with a restaurant that sells them, though.
Abgrund

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope someone will make videos of the gigs....

Tradelist: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=542354#542354
heavyR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do what I can.

Buy this crap.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavyR wrote:
I'll do what I can.

Plenty of good sight lines at this place, and a great balcony as well.
Abgrund

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavyR wrote:
I'll do what I can.

Would great!

Tradelist: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=542354#542354
ypatingasisburys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Anyone coming in from out of town that is not a vegetarian needs to try an Italian Beef sandwich...you won't find them anywhere else in the country. Hot peppers are a mandatory addition (they aren't too hot, but add great flavor). You can find them at the hot dog shops that are on practically every corner of the City.

If people don't feel like driving out to Three Floyds, Revolution Brewing on Milwaukee ave has great beer, but the crowd is very hipster/yuppy. Food is good ,too. I also recommend The Bad Apple on Lincoln ave, great food and about 400 beers.

Regarding Italian Beefs - for out-of-towners looking for something quick and easy before the show, try Portillos..best Italian Beef, burgers,hot dogs, ribs in the city in my opinion. Super Dog is another top tier fast food restaurant for a quick and easy burger or hot dog..Kumas Corner is a bad joke...avoid!!!

If fine dining is more of your thing, shoot me a pm..going out to dinner out here is a past-time of mine,ha..Chicago has everything.
Travis N.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the coming of blood angel wrote:

Dave's Records is pretty cool, they carry ONLY carry vinyl and there's a sign on the outside that says NO CDs. Cool place but I've never really found any good metal there.

If you want to go out a little farther there's Cyklopx Records in Forest Park which usually has a decent metal selection. There's also a record store across the street which usually doesn't have anything good but it's right there.

Cyklopx got bought by Reckless and is now closed, from what I understand. I only went there once but I walked out with an armload of killer records.

Dave's is great, but they definitely lack metal. They have a lot of good psych. Got an original In Search of Space there for $5 a while ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 14 of 20

Jump to: