P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

MARE LIVE IN USA!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ypatingasisburys wrote:

What's silly about people flying in from Europe for this? How many people from North America are flying over to Europe for shows...regularly...?

For those into this strain of black metal, this is a unique event worth making the trek for, regardless of where they're from.

point being you can catch them in Europe without having to fly to the USA and spend what i assume to be at least $1k+ on the flight. I suppose the best way to make it more worth while is to plan a US vacation around it. Luckily this occurs during a very scenic time if year in the Midwest if you get outside of the city

As to how many fly to Europe from the USA for one off gigs? I can't imagine all that many (sans those potentially going for NBM or NWN fests) in the total amount of US UG metal fans, I'm guessing its not a very high percentage overall

Anyhow, not to be overthought here, it was just an ovservation of surprise. If you can afford to do it and love mare enough, right on!
ypatingasisburys

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
ypatingasisburys wrote:

What's silly about people flying in from Europe for this? How many people from North America are flying over to Europe for shows...regularly...?

For those into this strain of black metal, this is a unique event worth making the trek for, regardless of where they're from.

point being you can catch them in Europe without having to fly to the USA and spend what i assume to be at least $1k+ on the flight. I suppose the best way to make it more worth while is to plan a US vacation around it. Luckily this occurs during a very scenic time if year in the Midwest if you get outside of the city

As to how many fly to Europe from the USA for one off gigs? I can't imagine all that many (sans those potentially going for NBM or NWN fests) in the total amount of US UG metal fans, I'm guessing its not a very high percentage overall

Anyhow, not to be overthought here, it was just an ovservation of surprise. If you can afford to do it and love mare enough, right on!

Well, Mare aren't the only act on the bill, are they? Very Happy

And in regards to traveling US - Europa for music... once a year generally here...twice last year..and I doubt I'm alone in this.
BBR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as I'd fly to see any of the bands on the bill... doesn't really matter where it is.
Holocaust

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope the "special guest" is Deathkey using Jon Nödtveidt's skull connected to a contact mic with Peter Sotos scrolling through "the best" of efukt.com on a projector.
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This band has officially reached juggernaut status. This, of course, is by no means a negative comment on the band since I haven't even heard them. It's just pretty amazing that a band with a handful of demos and EPs plays a single show in the U.S. and gets 7 pages of responses, whereas as the SABBAT N.A./S.A. tour, for example, is at about 5. Maybe I'll have to check them out.
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Carpathian_Florist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
This band has officially reached juggernaut status. This, of course, is by no means a negative comment on the band since I haven't even heard them. It's just pretty amazing that a band with a handful of demos and EPs plays a single show in the U.S. and gets 7 pages of responses, whereas as the SABBAT N.A./S.A. tour, for example, is at about 5. Maybe I'll have to check them out.

Nidrosian Hype Machine lives on. I think the word of mouth and limitation of them spread like wildfires. Simply put occult based black metal with a focus on repetition and dark atmosphere.
Cedric

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hype or not Mare is an incredible live band and that spreads like fire as well.
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedric wrote:
Hype or not Mare is an incredible live band and that spreads like fire as well.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Witchie Blackmoor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sincerly hope that Death SS are worshipped for the art that they created back in the days, even if they limited their releases and brought in some occult based black metal. Come to think of it, all the releases from MARE (besides the demos, for obvious reasons) has been available in a thousandfold.
MT

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:

they are from norway. if you're from norway or sweden and playing black metal you're automatically KVLT and THE BEST!!1!

after said this MARE is really a GREAT live band. their recordings are nothing compared to their gigs (rituals...).
Vapula

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mare are one of the few bands that actually deserve all the hype they are getting.
Descension

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
Mare are one of the few bands that actually deserve all the hype they are getting.
Ascetic
banned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Ascetic on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
VATRA I SUMPOR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descension wrote:
Vapula wrote:
In Solitude

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ascetic wrote:
Competent but never stellar black metal. A few above-average tracks on Spheres Like Death, alongside a track or two that are bland and utterly dispassionate (in my opinion).

Hardly comparable to the likes of Cultes des Ghoules or Mgla, who garner similar praise. Aeons apart in terms of atmosphere, and indeed composition. Furthermore, the 'occult/vampire/magick' bent feels insincere: pandering to something of a sub-genre stereotype that was worn out by Black Funeral and Nastrond years ago.

Above-average Norwegian BM that feels in no way Norwegian. (Again, in my opinion.)

I assume you have not witnessed them in a live setting...pure magic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 7 of 20

Jump to: