P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Things to do in DC...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
astralvesl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No happy hour at churchkey that I know of but getting samples won't set you back too much and they're decent size.
Evil_Johnny_666

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC isn't a very good place for record stores. But if you're willing to drive a bit (maybe 20 minutes? I don't remember) there's this really cool store in Vienna called Vienna Music Exchange. Good selection of metal and rock lps. I managed to get some pretty neat stuff including not so rare first prints like Bomber. They also sell some NWN! lps and maybe HHR. There's also a couple of movies, mostly VHS and even Laserdiscs.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick update, back home now. basically could not get a single fucking thing done due to absurd traffic and HORRIBLE drivers/driving in DC. I managed to pop off lunch, tried to get to an area I could park and hit the metro... metro was fucked after I finally found parking, so I ran out of time to even train it back into DC proper for record shops or Churchkey. I ended up stuck in Arlington/Alexandria all day and ended up having to come home mostly empty handed and with lots of wasted time. oh well, thanks for the tips anyhow bros! Rays Hell Burger was quite tasty, even if a bit painfully overpriced ($20 for burger/fries + coke and weak tip due to poor service) oh well...

ended up getting frustrated and ultimately just drank at some small spot in alexandria called Bilbo Baggins, which was amusing I suppose. I stuck out like a SORE THUMB in old town Alexandria, but what do you do I guess? they had a decent NZ IPA on draft which I enjoyed up till the time I had to hit the road. all and all, it was sorta interesting, but I would self destruct if I had to stay in that area more than a couple days or so

bummed, I also ran out of time and could not see the Smithsonian. I really wanted to do that too.
Confused
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Metro stop in Old Town Alexandria that takes you directly to the Smithsonian.

Off topic but isn't this the Metro Center stop?

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

lordoftherim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
There is a Metro stop in Old Town Alexandria that takes you directly to the Smithsonian.

yep, I was cutting it MEGA close with time restraints and the metro seemed a bit backed up with activity for whatever reason (this was around 5pm mind you) so I scrapped the whole trip back into DC and retired at bilbo baggins instead. hahaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: