P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Death in June US tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holocaust

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's John Murphey on drums. They play some of the "industrial" stuff with both John and Doug on drums with tape samples going on(Its GOOD) at the beginning, then songs of Peaceful Snow, then all the classics. I think they played a song or more off every album if I am Correct in San Fran. Doug said they will return also... maybe in 8 more years probably. Laughing
Travis N.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicago show was incredible. First couple songs with guitar were iffy. Guitar was inaudible until he got into the classics. He took requests all night, playing all the hits. I was super surprised when he went into Leopard Flowers. Security was insanely tight. Undercover cops in and outside of the venue all night and the most thorough pat-down I've ever had. Aside from the fondling and the doors opening late, it was one of the best live shows I've been to.

http://www.aterrerecords.blogspot.com

http://aterre.bigcartel.com
Travis N.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, there was no ARA / Antifa to be seen in Chicago. I wonder what sort of victory they'll try and claim for that gig.

http://www.aterrerecords.blogspot.com

http://aterre.bigcartel.com
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANTIFA flailing at it:

http://www.returntothepit.com/view.php?formid=85363
BaronOvHell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'd do more good and save more lives shutting down EDM and gangster rap shows.
siegeresist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis N. wrote:
Chicago show was incredible. First couple songs with guitar were iffy. Guitar was inaudible until he got into the classics. He took requests all night, playing all the hits. I was super surprised when he went into Leopard Flowers. Security was insanely tight. Undercover cops in and outside of the venue all night and the most thorough pat-down I've ever had. Aside from the fondling and the doors opening late, it was one of the best live shows I've been to.

That about sums it up. It was a great show. Very Happy

And the Antifa/ARA cowards did not show up once. What a joke. I would have liked to have seen them get the heck beaten out of the by the police if they resisted getting arrested.

Death in June certainly made up for the past decade.
EARLGREYTEA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaronOvHell wrote:
They'd do more good and save more lives shutting down EDM and gangster rap shows.

THIS
astralvesl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baltimore's pc police poking their heads up. Wouldn't be surprised if ottobar cancelled.
blackarts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:
Baltimore's pc police poking their heads up. Wouldn't be surprised if ottobar cancelled.

that would be a huge bummer... let's hope that doesn't happen. too many fucking whiners on the event page posting the exact same fucking libcom.org article. such effective facebook activism Laughing
Twilight Command

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:

I would be. DI6 shows have faced trouble in the past when they've been booked by people squarely outside "the scene" and at times when the band has been relatively unknown and therefore easy to misunderstand. Neither of those apply right now in Baltimore. Adam and Dana are both trusted and respected by people who care about independent music (Adam just won a Best Of Baltimore from the City Paper yesterday, actually) and DI6 is currently very popular here.

That post by Ryan is pretty ridiculous. As always, the Libcom article is linked. Too bad that article is a shitshow of bad argumentation. All the article proves is that DI6 does indeed employ aesthetic devices that rub the writer the wrong way. The conclusions drawn about what DI6 and Douglas P are about, however, aren't really supported by the evidence. The author of the piece jumps to conclusions based on her or his own discomfort. Shoddy. Ryan argues in a similarly sloppy fashion. He cites the current upsurge of neofascist activity in Europe while discussing DI6 without actually connecting the band with the Golden Dawn, et al. The effect is to scare people by trotting out the old brown-shirted bogeyman and the hope is that the fear invoked will influence how people perceive DI6. Cheap, tricky, and dishonest.

The only fact cited is that Douglas raised money for a hospital during the breakup of Yugoslavia. Of course, the hospital was a state hospital and not something operated by and for neo-Ustasists, but why let details get in the way of a good smear? Heaven forbid a man donate some money to a clinic that helps rehabilitate the victims of a horrible, fratricidal conflict. Boo, Ryan. Boo.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Ryan isn't actually smart, but he can write good lyrics from time to time. I only said I wouldn't be surprised because two of the ottobar regulars I know were making a fuss about it. Didn't know anything about the guys booking it, hope it holds.
BaronOvHell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show went off without a problem last night. No antifa to be seen. 'We Drive East' was incredible live.
la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaronOvHell wrote:
Show went off without a problem last night. No antifa to be seen. 'We Drive East' was incredible live.

thats good that it wasnt actually cancelled. still sucks i couldnt get any tickets. hopefully ill have another chance someday, who knows though.
Twilight Command

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baltimore went off without a hitch. No last minute venue changes or antifa monkey business. There was a small demonstration across the street of about five punks, but they were pretty bad at protesting. No signs, no chants, nothing even assertive, let alone aggressive or confrontational. I saw them sitting on a bus stop bench and wasn't even sure they were protesting. My girl thought they were waiting for the bus. Can't wait to read the Indymedia press release.

Cult Of Youth was great in the warmup slot. I was hoping they would be opening in Baltimore when the tour was first announced, so I was pretty excited when they were added to the show. Not a long set, though enough songs to let everyone in the audience know what they're about. They didn't play "Lace Up Your Boots." They should have.

DI6 was stellar. Douglas was clearly having lots of fun and the set was the career retrospective that others have already described in this thread. It was a little shorter than at some of the other dates because Douglas was losing his voice. I would have liked to hear "Despair," "Frost Flowers," and "Black Jena," but fuck it; I'm not complaining. I just saw Death In June. I've been waiting fifteen years for this show.

The crowd was huge. The Ottobar was sold out. As others have mentioned in other cities, it was a really diverse crowd. Punks, metalheads, goths, hipsters, skins, total civilians, old creeps who are probably way into Coil and ceremonial magic, etc. It really seemed to be the social event of the season. Totally weird. I would never have expected a DI6 show to draw this many people. A lot were obviously casual fans. Casual DI6 enjoyment is new to me. They've always been one of those bands that was important to everyone I knew who liked them. That's obviously no longer the case.

This might have been the first US tour for DI6 without a cancelled show. Congratulations are in order to Douglas P if that's the case.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show was great, incredible set list. Comedy? Comedy...http://tylervilekutner.wordpress.com/2013/09/22/why-im-boycotting-the-ottobar/, my favorite quote: "Death In June playing to a room of six people could mean another six million dead." Also nothing like listing yourself as a "queer jew with a disability", some raw 21st century liberal credentials there. I imagine the antifa wannabes would have been severely disappointed by the complete lack of anything racist or fascist at the show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: