P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Cultes Des Ghoules - Haxan DLP Repress?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's be completely honest though: they could've just repressed it on BLACK wax, period.

But no, each new press had a new color. And that's pure marketing. So that collectors and silly fans will buy each new color.

I'm fine with a die hard pic-disc version and as much represses as you'd like (hello NOEVDIA) but new color is triggering consumerism.

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
happyfriggincamper

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
astralvesl wrote:
Nothing against keeping the album in print but if you have to press it four times in a year maybe the initial runs should be a bit bigger?

That logic would then have required a crystal ball or some manner of seeing into the future though wouldn't it?

Any well run business (which HHR is) will perform research and present a forecast before moving on a strategy or investment. It's pretty easy to deduct that CdG would sell-out at least 1000 records with Henbane. From memory, each pressing has been about 500 total. Why would they not at least run a batch of 1000 for initial sale (including their standard flashy versions), and follow-up with 800-1000(again including their flashy versions)? If a 3rd run, just plain black, batches of 500 and then print again on demand.

They didn't do this because they saw the money in the path they have chosen. Keeping the record in print is great, but cmon, the 4th pressing in less than 2 years....? Add the constantly changing versions, limited pressing hype type advertising and it looks like a cash-grab marketing tactic.

I like HHR, but I am not oblivious to the fact that while they are driven by a passion for music, their passion for business is just as strong.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asmael LeBouc wrote:
but new color is triggering consumerism.

Only in a very small percentage of people.... I mean come on, no one needs all these pressings. That's the consumers choice to do ridiculous things with their money, not the label....
Roc

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the thing. We as fans, consumers, collectors etc. have a choice wether to buy a new press with a different color variation or not. Personally I like the splatter color but know I don't need it, so I won't buy it.

Sure, I can see the flip side too where it sort of seems like a cash grab but again, the fan who already has one or more copies of this vinyl makes their own choice wether to buy or not.

Maybe HHR doesn't want to invest in larger initial presses so they have more cash for other releases and also have to take up less warehouse space. Whatever their reasons, in the end at least the vinyl is still available and at an affordable price with cheap shipping. Fans can avoid crazy ebay or discogs prices. I mean $17.77 for a double LP is a really fair price in my opinion at least and anyone who already has the vinyl can disregard the new press while someone who doesn't own it yet can buy it cheap.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes people miss out on things the first time, those people are who it's for, not people who feel compelled to buy every colour. When did buying multiple copies of records become "a thing" where it's talked about like it's typical behaviour? I don't know anyone in real life that actually does this..... No hate if that's your thing, but come on. HHR is (of course) a business and they need to sell records to stay afloat. And kudos to them, I don't know for sure but I assume this is full time work for them, which is great.

Also they could reissue the Spectres 12", I didn't grab that on its first run. Wink
Eivittu

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
Also they could reissue the Spectres 12", I didn't grab that on its first run. Wink

Yup Cool
astralvesl

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavyR wrote:
astralvesl wrote:
Nothing against keeping the album in print but if you have to press it four times in a year maybe the initial runs should be a bit bigger?

Small label, who could have forecasted that the record would sell as well as it did.

Really? Is anyone surprised that Henbane has sold well what with the colossal hype around the band for the last few years? Seems very reasonable to me that a label like HHR would know how popular the band is. That said, one has to wonder if it would have sold so well if say the initial pressing was out of 2000, then you lose the novelty consumers and that seems to be a larger pool of people each year. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if HHR pressed a ton of them a year ago and is just slowly releasing batches of 500 or whatever limitation it's at.
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eivittu wrote:
holy ghost wrote:

Yup Cool

I remember it took ages to sell aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I missed it too all the same... Mad

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
Necrologue

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal Injection.net: Black Metal Label HELLS HEADBANGERS Are Probably Capitalists
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On one hand you have people posting that HHB should have known it would sell out fast.....on the other hand you have people saying how long it took Spectres (and the original Haxan) to sell out. So yeah I dont think it is so easy to predict sales.

As stated earlier HHB is doing the right thing. They are keeping the release in print for the demand at a really cheap price. On the other hand for those crazy collectors out there, they can buy all these different editions if they want. I dont see how this is a problem.

The only problem I see on this forum in generally is the amount of whiny bitching. Please save that for emo forums.
Perverted Priest

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
astralvesl wrote:

That logic would then have required a crystal ball or some manner of seeing into the future though wouldn't it?

Any well run business (which HHR is) will perform research and present a forecast before moving on a strategy or investment. It's pretty easy to deduct that CdG would sell-out at least 1000 records with Henbane. From memory, each pressing has been about 500 total. Why would they not at least run a batch of 1000 for initial sale (including their standard flashy versions), and follow-up with 800-1000(again including their flashy versions)? If a 3rd run, just plain black, batches of 500 and then print again on demand.

They didn't do this because they saw the money in the path they have chosen. Keeping the record in print is great, but cmon, the 4th pressing in less than 2 years....? Add the constantly changing versions, limited pressing hype type advertising and it looks like a cash-grab marketing tactic.

I like HHR, but I am not oblivious to the fact that while they are driven by a passion for music, their passion for business is just as strong.

The first pressing was actually more than 1,000 copies, if we count green-grey and black versions together.
Research?, prediction?, based on "collossal hype"? Presumptions based on the Internet opinions, "hype" if you like, can be really misleading, don't you think? 500 copies of Spectres was not the fastest best-seller (I think it was easily available for some time) even though the band was already "hyped".
I doubt there was any cold calculation on the side of the label's, the popularity of Henbane must have been a surprise to everyine, especially the sales - after all I got the impression most of the people liked Haxan better anyway, so...

Anyway, I'm waiting for a small tour to support the hype. Or at least a few fests in Germany. And the audience singing Vintage Black MAgick along with the band...
Cross of Donar

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many people on this forum do actually buy EACH version from current releases like this?
mlotek

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Haxan yesterday for the first time through bandcamp. Impressive !
Don't want it on pic disc, but I will buy whatever vinyl version is out.
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlotek wrote:

Vinyl of haxan is already out in EU
mlotek

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterVenkman wrote:
mlotek wrote:

Vinyl of haxan is already out in EU

link please
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: