P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

INQUISITION - Obscure Verses for the Multiverse
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the coming of blood angel wrote:
Fuck that. In Solitude should be headlining their own tour.

Shiru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess it is right places for those bands, if you go big you have to go through it! thats the deal
BaronOvHell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Dostojanstvenik wrote:
that tour lineup is total crap... Inquisition will be lucky if they get a 30 minute set...

I'd be suprised if they get more than 20 minutes! Timetables and logistics must be a nightmare for tour like that.

The Marduk US tour they were on at the beginning of the year had a giant bill as well, I think Inquisiton got 25 minutes at most. The definitely should be headlining.
VRHRR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a little help for the ones who want to leave before c.o.f.
(read it in the german myrrthronth).

07.02.2014 DE – Munich, Backstage –Behemoth closing
08.02.2014 DE – Stuttgart, LKA Longhorn – Cradle of Filth closing
09.02.2014 NL – Amsterdam, Melkweg – Behemoth closing
10.02.2014 UK – London, Forum – Cradle of Filth closing
11.02.2014 FR – Paris, Bataclan – Behemoth closing
13.02.2014 CH – Pratteln, Z7 – Cradle of Filth closing
14.02.2014 DE – Wiesbaden, Schlachthof – Behemoth closing
15.02.2014 DE – Bochum, Matrix – Cradle of Filth closing
16.02.2014 BE – Antwerp, Trix – Behemoth closing
18.02.2014 NL – Tilburg, O13 – Cradle of Filth closing
19.02.2014 LU – Luxembourg, Atelier – Behemoth closing
21.02.2014 AT – Wien, Gasometer – Cradle of Filth closing
22.02.2014 DE – Chemnitz, Sόdbahnhof – Behemoth closing
24.02.2014 SE – Gothenburg, Traedgarn – Cradle of Filth closing
25.02.2014 SE – Stockholm, Tyrol – Behemoth closing
26.02.2014 DK – Copenhagen, Amager Bio – Cradle of Filth closing
27.02.2014 DK – Aarhus, Voxhall – Behemoth closing
28.02.2014 DE – Hamburg, Grόnspan – Cradle of Filth closing
01.03.2014 DE – Berlin, Postbahnhof – Behemoth closing
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Dostojanstvenik wrote:
that tour lineup is total crap... Inquisition will be lucky if they get a 30 minute set...

I'd be suprised if they get more than 20 minutes! Timetables and logistics must be a nightmare for tour like that.

When Behemoth came through last year in the US it was with Watain, In Solitude & The Devil's Blood. I went to the San Francisco show mainly to see TDB and they got a 20-25 minute set, same with In Solitude... total bullshit. Watain had maybe 35 minutes max. Behemoth were given 90 minutes for their set, played for around 45 or so and the show ended early Rolling Eyes

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
MassDoomFan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the digipak and the limited Trasnparent vinyl (and bit the bullet for the shipping to the usa) and it came 2 days ago - On first listen I immediately noticed a lot of recycled riffs Sad This definitely is not mind blowing like Ominous.... was - but than again that could be one of the greatest lp's of all time -- I did like this after repeated listens - but I still cant get over the amount of recycled riffs and drum patterns - kinda depressing, have they run out of ideas? who knows - its only been a couple of days - maybe it will click - most of the time there albums are "groweers"
JoeAversario

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently playing this in the record store i work in. Our sound system here is not amazing but so far production on the album stands out. (The pattern is that if it sounds good in here, it becomes incredible in the car stereo). Layout is also very cool.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
Dostojanstvenik wrote:

When Behemoth came through last year in the US it was with Watain, In Solitude & The Devil's Blood. I went to the San Francisco show mainly to see TDB and they got a 20-25 minute set, same with In Solitude... total bullshit. Watain had maybe 35 minutes max. Behemoth were given 90 minutes for their set, played for around 45 or so and the show ended early Rolling Eyes

We got lucky here since watain didn't make it into the country in time. Both In Solitude and The Devils Blood got around 45 minutes.

The inquisition is a grower, but Ominous was a tough one to follow. This band has always gotten a lot of millage off a very small bag of tricks so it's inevitable that it doesn't last forever. There are some great details on this album, though.
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the new album is very good; more than a few interesting twists and additions to their sound. I didn't think that Ominous... was one of their better records - this is far superior.
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received my copy a couple days ago and have given it a few good listens. Good album but gets a little fucky around songs 6 - 8, the intro to the 8th one is laughably bad, they could've had Bruce Dickinson do guest vocals on that one.
nomapple

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah track 8 is probably the only one I don't really like, it's not bad though. This album's grown on me quite a lot. At first I thought it was "just another Inquisition record", but there are definitely enough subtle twists to their sound here to keep me interested. Ominous Doctrines... and Magnificent Glorification of Lucifer will probably remain my favourites by them though. Also despite track 8 not being so good, 9&10 are spectacular closing tracks. The title track and Darkness Flows Toward Unseen Horizons would be the other highlights for me. All in all it's a really strong album, I wouldn't write it off too quickly.
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya the strongest songs are the first 3 IMO, kind of like what Immortal on Sons of Northern Darkness and many other bands have done where the best songs are first so by the time you're a quarter/third through the record you've already decided it kicks ass. The only other main WTF moment for me is that 70's stoner rock beat at the beginning of Joined by Dark Matter.. I can't think of anything else except the Devil's Blood and crap like this while listening to it. There's still a lot to take in obviously, I like the interesting ways Dagon connects riffs in the fast sections.
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having given this a couple spins, I'd say this is Inquisition's "Sons of Northern Darkness"... much cleaner productions, "catchier" songs, still an excellent album but too "commercial" for some. It definitely isn't a huge leap from their other records, but it may be a bit more accessible. Not in a bad way.

And to clarify, "Sons of Northern Darkness" is one of my favorite Immortal albums, really the only one I love (or even particularly care for) after "Battles in the North".

Definitely one of the best albums of the year for me, as expected.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sons of Northern Darkness is an exceptional album. Inquisition sounding like Immortal here isn't horrible for me either, it is humerous but not band ending in my opinion. (maybe the comparison is just me?) Cool
Of course the album of Immortal that came after Sons of Northern Darkness is totally unmemorable to me even in title (not going to google for sake of thread) ...I hope Inquisition does not follow the Immortal path that closely Laughing

Time will tell I guess how or if the band embraces boredom for sake of continuous album sales to the demograph that wants repetative simplicity over and over instead of wretched cursed creativity and raw bleakness.
Caligari

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have listened to this record in its entirety twice and it's hard to believe how catchy it is. dude still sounds like a frog, but man, what a metal frog! And the riffs, fuck, those riffs get into you easily....
Coming Soon: BUNKER 66 / HUMAN BODIES / SKELETHAL / ALUCARDA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 30 of 41

Jump to: