P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

INQUISITION - Obscure Verses for the Multiverse
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captainretardo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pre-ordered from Amazon, and it was delivered the day of official US release (forget the date, but it was a Tuesday). They shipped it out either Sat or Mon before the release.

I agree with the others about the recycled riffs on this album. I am more of a casual Inquisition fan, so I'm sure many of you know their stuff more thoroughly than I do, but I feel like I'm listening to a remix album when playing this LP. Not bad per se, but definitely a disappointment, as there's just not much here that I feel like I haven't already heard.

edit: According to my email recepits, I ordered it from Amazon on 10/25 and it was delivered on 10/29, which was the official US release date.
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't say, how bad that can be, oh my.
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't say, how bad that can be, oh my. Let jesus help you get yours at least.

P.S. I'm joking, ok?
lord pazzuzu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Who did you guys pre-order from?

Season of Mist or Amazon?

From my understanding Amazon is not a store that orders copies and stores them for resale. They try to aquire a copy depending on the chance someone is ordering it and they try to fill that order from whomever they use as a distributor for themselves.

A pre-order through Amazon is about as a good as a promise from ...well any flaky untrustworthy source.

As soon as an actual business like Hells Headbangers or Nuclear War Now gets copies of something you want, in their hands, and displayed via their online store you buy from them Laughing
Relying on Amazon... no thanks. Absolutely no guarantee you get what you order, they don't charge you until the item ships... they have no obligations or reasons to try to fufill any order either.

I assume you have to be talking about amazon, cause I cannot see Season of Mist being unable to fufill pre-orders via their own shop prior to distributing the album to all their destinations... like Hells Headbangers... where I bought mine and have now already had in my possession for almost two weeks. Wink

We're both talking about season of mist.

gromcrom wrote:
So "funny" guy to make thread in mock. Rolling Eyes
I am a fear so hard of you laugh to me on internet I cry at night in winnie pooh pants like Necromorbus of so cult stuido, idiot.
Stormheit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I ran through fastly some of the comments on this album I recognized that several got the impression that this is something like unused tracks from the session of Ominous Doctrines... And yeah, I also feel that. It is true, that I haven't listened to this album as much as any others but I gave it several plays and still I found it boring - despite it is still good. It is nothing new compared to Ominous Doctrines and hymns on that opus were many times killer for me. I waited for the amount of pleasure and joy found in this material as much as in case of previous ones but it failed. Maybe later it will catch me more but until now I can say this.
HÝrus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
lurking fear wrote:
Man, did they ever recycle a bunch of ideas/riffs for this album. It's enjoyable but it doesn't add much new to their discog.

Agree. I don't hear much to distinguish it from previous albums and therefore don't see much reason to buy it.

I had this feeling over the first listenings, that it sounded like Ominious II.

But now I know this album more, I clearly see that it's something new (still sounding like Inquisition of course, and thankfuly).

Not their best, but still a good album.
2014 list (Seth, SFE, Satanic Warmaster, Blut Aus Nord, Sunn O))), Shining, Celestia, Mz.412, Hellfest, ...) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=814863#814863
Thoth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha you guys are crying about a week or two of wait? I waited like 3 months for my Aosoth DLP to arrive from Agonia Records, while the US distros got their copies in like a week (ship directly from plant).

Anyway, gave the album one spin, was good but nothing fantastic. Some of my contacts really seem to dig the hell out of it though... guess I never really liked that band that much - good live but their albums tend to bore me.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ominous mops the floor with this one.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
SWO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazy album from a great band.The worst thing about it is how Dagon will take a fairly standard melody but will try to make it sound more creative or whatever by playing it with a bunch of differnt picking techniques. Not very impressive.

Fuck metal, hail interludes

Last edited by SWO on Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still dont know if I'll buy it or not...

Think I'll just patiently wait for the re-release of "Invoking..."

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lord pazzuzu wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
Who did you guys pre-order from?

Season of Mist or Amazon?

From my understanding Amazon is not a store that orders copies and stores them for resale. They try to aquire a copy depending on the chance someone is ordering it and they try to fill that order from whomever they use as a distributor for themselves.

A pre-order through Amazon is about as a good as a promise from ...well any flaky untrustworthy source.

As soon as an actual business like Hells Headbangers or Nuclear War Now gets copies of something you want, in their hands, and displayed via their online store you buy from them Laughing
Relying on Amazon... no thanks. Absolutely no guarantee you get what you order, they don't charge you until the item ships... they have no obligations or reasons to try to fufill any order either.

I assume you have to be talking about amazon, cause I cannot see Season of Mist being unable to fufill pre-orders via their own shop prior to distributing the album to all their destinations... like Hells Headbangers... where I bought mine and have now already had in my possession for almost two weeks. Wink

We're both talking about season of mist.

Damn. Now thats pretty rotten. They failed to deliver on all their own pre-orders via their own shop but managed to distribute it everywhere else yet? Strange. I would think that they would honor all their own webstore orders before selling wholesale, then again what do business' care as long as the copies sell. Still seems a poor way to manage their own store though.
W. Helm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWO wrote:
Lazy album from a great band.The worst thing about it is how Dagon will take a fairly standard melody but will try to make it sound more creative or whatever by playing it with a bunch of differnt picking techniques. Not very impressive.

You have a point. Although some of the guitarwork is incredible. I really enjoy his solo's on this album.
On the whole I think it's a good album but it's lacking in ferocity.
lord pazzuzu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morfumax wrote:
Apparently it sold out so there will be a repress in December. Still doesn't explain why they sent me an email saying my copy shipped.

I just asked for a refund, and they did so without explaining anything. I suggest you do the same.

gromcrom wrote:
So "funny" guy to make thread in mock. Rolling Eyes
I am a fear so hard of you laugh to me on internet I cry at night in winnie pooh pants like Necromorbus of so cult stuido, idiot.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the hell did SOM not get enough cds or lps out there for this?
I guess it is selling better than they thought? Or did they do a lower pressing on purpose..maybe.
morfumax

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just emailed them asking for a refund. Might as well get something else while I wait since the projected date for the refund is Dec 20th.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 36 of 41

Jump to: