P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Maryland Deathfest XII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackarts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very glad i got a 4-day pass when they were available... too bad none of my friends were fast enough and now refuse to pay the combined price for everything. looks like im going by myself Laughing
Huldrelok

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend is lookn for a 3 day Rams head pass, please message me if you've got one for sale.

Edit: just looking for a Saturday pass, PM if your selling.

Last edited by Huldrelok on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
taintedone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do the european bands cover the costs for maryland? do the

organizators send money or pay it with their own?
eighthplague

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taintedone wrote:
how do the european bands cover the costs for maryland? do the

organizators send money or pay it with their own?

I highly doubt bands pay their own way.
GiantCogs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read interviews with the promoters where they talk about buying plane tickets and hotels for the performers.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantCogs wrote:
I've read interviews with the promoters where they talk about buying plane tickets and hotels for the performers.

Of course. This IS the biggest underground metal fest in the USA, after all. This isn't some DIY charity event where bands get by on "donation" and food scraps.

MDF brings in a million+ of revenue each year, I would guess.
Luxixul Sumering

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I can almost imagine the total cost for all this. Whollly fuck!!!

Just do the math: We got fuckload of bands playing that night. Every person in that band MUST get a plane ticket purchased + hotel + miscellaneous items such as food + setup (venue)

Fuck.. all this must be over like 50k euros.

The promoter must be jewish.
Nokturnihil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:
GiantCogs wrote:

Of course. This IS the biggest underground metal fest in the USA, after all. This isn't some DIY charity event where bands get by on "donation" and food scraps.

MDF brings in a million+ of revenue each year, I would guess.

Oh defintiely. I'm not sure how many 4day passes they sell, but if they sold at least 5000 4 day passes, thats already $1.3m..

Me and a buddy spent 2+ hours with Jeff Walker in 2012 because our flight from Newark to Baltimore got cancelled due to weather, so we all rode a train to Baltimore together. Asked him for a rough ball park of what they get paid and such for a fest like this, but he would not divulge, and I don't blame him.

However a long with flights and hotels, I'm sure overseas bands get some sort of food voucher.

Black/Death Bestial Vomit - Druidus

Chronobot - Sask Cosmic Doom
MassDoomFan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luxixul Sumering wrote:
Wow I can almost imagine the total cost for all this. Whollly fuck!!!

Just do the math: We got fuckload of bands playing that night. Every person in that band MUST get a plane ticket purchased + hotel + miscellaneous items such as food + setup (venue)

Fuck.. all this must be over like 50k euros.

The promoter must be jewish.
Rightttt... Only American promoters try to turn a profit -- The Europeans do'nt want profit -- cuz Wakken is like a modern day wootstock - everybody gets in for free
Twilight Command

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan and Evan aren't living in solid gold houses and driving rocket cars. The gross revenue for MDF is astronomical, I'm sure. But have a good think on what the costs must be. Dudes are likely netting only a modest amount for themselves.

MDF is mostly a labor of love. Nobody gets rich off of the underground without fucking people over. Too many bands are willing to play MDF more than once for that to be how the guys operate. Total support for Ryan and Evan. Total support for MDF.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams Head Saturday tickets sold out. Not a big fan of the new found popularity or whatever it is that's caused the cheaper ticket options to sell out so fast. More than a few friends who have been going w/ me every year won't be making the trip this year as a result. Not to mention the debacle that was the last day and a half of last year's fest. As one friend put it, why would you voluntarily fork over twice as much for a less convenient and much larger set up to organizers who could barely keep it together last year? Not sure I agree wholeheartedly but it's not like last year's issues weren't just recurring problems from previous years on a larger scale. Interested to see how this year turns out.
Holocaust

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shits lame... might just buy the edison lot if i decide to go and hopefully buy a rams head pass from someone eventually. or storm the gates.

martyrdoom is about to be announced though... I think they are trying to step it up this year after last years poor attendance.
Hateful_Reality

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will certainly be interesting to see how things work out this year as there are a lot of major changes/arrangements. Last year was probably the exception that put MDF at odds when mistakes started to unravel with the security set up. But for the most part I think the guys are doing a great job considering. They continue to bring in quality acts year after year where I believe it was very noticeable when Milwaukee Metal Fest, started to lower the standards at an alarming rate year after year. If they continue to keep greed at bay and continue to keep the fest with great successful underground acts, that normally you just would not see here due to capacity issues and travel costs, I think despite ripples of mistakes made occurring that it will continue to be a successful fest despite the "breaking of a few eggs" along the way.
Superterrorizer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me for the lame question but this will be my first attendance to MDF... there will be some stands where to buy stuff/merch from the bands playing on the festival? I guess that the answer could be affirmative but I want to make sure so I can save more money to buy some shit there.
Mendicant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superterrorizer wrote:
Excuse me for the lame question but this will be my first attendance to MDF... there will be some stands where to buy stuff/merch from the bands playing on the festival? I guess that the answer could be affirmative but I want to make sure so I can save more money to buy some shit there.

Yep there's tonnes of merch available. Some shops/labels are set up all fest but bands are usually only given space on the day they play
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 14 of 32

Jump to: