P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

USPS international delivery confirmation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: USPS international delivery confirmation Reply with quote

So not to beat this USPS shipping topic into the ground, but I did think this international delivery confirmation service that started on Sunday deserved it's own thread since it's a pretty big new development in the USPS dept which is relevant to many of us since we do so much mail order! For those who missed it the announcement said:

Electronic Delivery Confirmation Now Available to 14 Countries
Along with Canada (added in January 2013), the USPS will be adding Electronic Delivery Confirmation to 13 additional countries for First Class Package International Service, Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Boxes. This service will be available for no additional cost.

New countries offering Electronic Delivery Confirmation include Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Croatia, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Israel, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain and Switzerland.

I printed out postage from the USPS site for a regular First Class International package going to Germany yesterday and shipped it, and so far the tracking has been full scale- I'm impressed! I guess they use the 'customs number' as the tracking number, and it remains to be seen what happens once it leaves the country and if the tracking continues, but so far this is what I've had emailed to me for updates in less than 24 hours:

Track & Confirm e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: LJ152138679US
Service Type: International Letter

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Depart USPS Sort Facility NASHVILLE, TN 37227 July 31, 2013
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility NASHVILLE, TN 37227 July 30, 2013 9:26 pm
Dispatched to Sort Facility NASHVILLE, TN 37203 July 30, 2013 7:20 pm
Acceptance NASHVILLE, TN 37203 July 30, 2013 1:19 pm
Electronic Shipping Info Received July 30, 2013

Reminder: Track & Confirm by email
Date of email request: July 30, 2013

Last edited by outlaw-recordings on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
invinCIBility

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, it's only tracked until it leaves the country -- won't hold up in a PayPal dispute.
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since this service just started on Sunday I think it might be a little different than previous services, so as I said I guess we will see! If not then everyone can keep on keeping on with Gaypal disputes until the day they die!
holy ghost

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what's totally weird about this? Since last week all the stuff I have been tracking to Canada from the US has STOPPED tracking updates. Both first class and priority have ceased updating, and it's happened for 3 different packages I'm waiting on. One mailed priority on the 22nd has "international item mailed in originating country" and that's the last update.

Confused Confused Confused Confused
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
You know what's totally weird about this? Since last week all the stuff I have been tracking to Canada from the US has STOPPED tracking updates. Both first class and priority have ceased updating, and it's happened for 3 different packages I'm waiting on. One mailed priority on the 22nd has "international item mailed in originating country" and that's the last update.

Confused Confused Confused Confused

That is very strange... Maybe since they were mailed in the middle of this system change/update they might get mixed up in the shuffle? Hard to say, but again- from what I'm seeing above the new system seems to be in place and if it actually does work and goes all the way to the actual delivery in those countries it will be a great addition to the USPS services- and actually helps justify those insane rate hikes earlier this year!
holy ghost

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely agree - I am just annoyed but hopefully it will be a positive experience, and Canada will soon do the same thing.
Humus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outlaw-recordings wrote:
Well, since this service just started on Sunday I think it might be a little different than previous services, so as I said I guess we will see! If not then everyone can keep on keeping on with Gaypal disputes until the day they die!

Belgian post offers international tracking starting at $40 (with one record tracked to the US probably costing $70).
I would be somewhat pissed if they can't manage to track their own packages at a decent rate, but would offer foreigners shipping to Belgium full tracking.
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
outlaw-recordings wrote:

Belgian post offers international tracking starting at $40 (with one record tracked to the US probably costing $70).
I would be somewhat pissed if they can't manage to track their own packages at a decent rate, but would offer foreigners shipping to Belgium full tracking.

Well that's exactly what happens with the US with packages coming from Germany! I think it's like 4 or 6 Euros to mail an LP from Germany to the US with tracking, which works all the way until it's delivered to me in the US! So yeah, it happens coming this way too.
Humus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how the Germans can keep up with those shipping prices. They're the big exception in Europe too (it costs me less to buy one record in Germany than one from within my own country).
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've had this service for years now. What exactly changed on Sunday besides addition of a few countries? As far as I could tell all international parcels were track-able to a certain extend prior to the recent change. I've even tracked parcels going to Malaysia. Stamps.com and Endicia forwards the customs form number to all customers as tracking info.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is for a parcel I sent to New Zealand on July 6th. As you can see the tracking is pretty thorough. My point is that New Zealand is on the list of NEW countries where tracking is possible and this postage was printed well before the recent change. I wonder what the new change is exactly? As with any USPS changes, we are always left to figure things out on our own.

Quote:
Return Address:
YOSUKE KONISHI
Po Box 7055
Redwood City, CA 94063

Delivery Address:
XXXXX
WAITAKERE AUCKLAND 0640
NEW ZEALAND
Cost Code: Print Date:
July 03, 2013 - 09:21:27 PM Mail Date:
July 05, 2013 User:
NWN Prod LLC Weight:
8 lbs 11 oz Refund Type:
E-refund Insurance ID: N/A
Printed Msg: Class/Service: Priority Mail International $68.03
Special Services:
Insurance: N/A

Total Cost: $68.03

Tracking:
CJ499252184US

Location Date Local Time Description
, , US July 12, 2013 06:10:00 ATTEMPTED DELIVERY ABROAD
, , US July 12, 2013 06:10:00 DELIVERED
, , US July 11, 2013 13:18:00 CUSTOMS CLEARANCE PROCESSING COMPLETE
, , US July 11, 2013 10:41:00 PROCESSED THROUGH OFFICE OF EXCHANGE
, 94128, US July 6, 2013 10:22:00 INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH READY
SAN FRANCISCO, CA, 94128, US July 5, 2013 14:00:00 ELECTRONIC SHIPPING INFO RECEIVED

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Mz412

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outlaw-recordings wrote:
Humus wrote:
outlaw-recordings wrote:

Well that's exactly what happens with the US with packages coming from Germany! I think it's like 4 or 6 Euros to mail an LP from Germany to the US with tracking, which works all the way until it's delivered to me in the US! So yeah, it happens coming this way too.

7,50 for a normal Standart LP

Tracking System depends on the Guys who should Scan the Trackingcodes on the Parcels. Mostly they don't do it further at some Point. Some of my Parcels in the Eu have the "Accepted at Post office" Status since Years now and the Parcel has looooooooong arrived Laughing
Below_The_Sun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
This is for a parcel I sent to New Zealand on July 6th. As you can see the tracking is pretty thorough. My point is that New Zealand is on the list of NEW countries where tracking is possible and this postage was printed well before the recent change. I wonder what the new change is exactly? As with any USPS changes, we are always left to figure things out on our own.

Quote:
Return Address:
YOSUKE KONISHI
Po Box 7055
Redwood City, CA 94063

Delivery Address:
XXXXX
WAITAKERE AUCKLAND 0640
NEW ZEALAND
July 05, 2013 User:
NWN Prod LLC Weight:
8 lbs 11 oz Refund Type:
Special Services:

Tracking:
CJ499252184US

SAN FRANCISCO, CA, 94128, US July 5, 2013 14:00:00 ELECTRONIC
SHIPPING INFO RECEIVED

I'm located in Greece and today i've received a priority package with a customs number of this type : CJ*********US and it was fully trackable - it even has my signature shown on the greek track & trace system, so i believe that with this service, the additional 13$ for registration can be skipped...
I typed that because Greece isn't included on the list with the new countries, but this type of service works here, for us, as well!

Wants : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31511

References on NWN! (so far) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=709828#709828
caligulasremains

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i know from the mail i've sent to germany and sweden every so often, maybe twice a month, the customs number isn't really a tracking number. like others have said here, it just shows when the package has left the usa and when the package has arrived at the destination country. i don't usually give the customs number to the customer, and just rely on their honesty. i haven't been ripped off so far... and i do most of my int'l sales through discogs or just email. i'm always surprised and a bit shocked when i read on here how people have been ripped off by buyers. maybe i'm just lucky.
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:

Quote:
Return Address:
YOSUKE KONISHI
Po Box 7055
Redwood City, CA 94063

Delivery Address:
XXXXX
WAITAKERE AUCKLAND 0640
NEW ZEALAND
July 05, 2013 User:
NWN Prod LLC Weight:
8 lbs 11 oz Refund Type:
Special Services:

Tracking:
CJ499252184US

SAN FRANCISCO, CA, 94128, US July 5, 2013 14:00:00 ELECTRONIC SHIPPING INFO RECEIVED

This package was sent by "priority mail international" right? Yes, they've had tracking on that for a long time- but this new tracking is on "first class international", like if you just send one LP for $18 or how ever much it is now you get tracking on it. I think that's what's new.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: