P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

NILE's George Kollias solo album "Invictus"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Feroce

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: NILE's George Kollias solo album "Invictus" Reply with quote

https://soundcloud.com/georgekollias/george-kollias-invictus-teaser-unmixed

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/nile-drummer-george-kollias-shall-riseshall-be-dead-solo-track-available-for-streaming/

"George Kollias, the exceptional Greek drum progeny and NILE percussionist, will release his solo album debut, "Invictus" on May 18 via Season Of Mist

A track from the CD, "Shall Rise/Shall Be Dead", can be streamed using the SoundCloud widget below.

Kollias comments: "My song 'Shall Rise/Shall Be Dead' hits home at the 260bpm range. It is not too easy, but a lot of fun to play and one of my favourites from my album. I really like that tempo range, which I always thought fits my drumming style well, but I also love the aggression that comes out of this song. It is not just the drumming that does it, but the riffs... the vocals…. or all as one.

"The percussion is really important for 'Shall Rise' and the rest of album as well. I spent plenty of time to find exactly what fits each composition. For this song, I went with big war drums to make it as epic as possible!

"I am very happy how this song turned out exactly how I envisioned it while writing. Yet having George Emmanuel from ROTTING CHRIST adding a guitar solo made this one of my personal highlights. George nailed it!"

Regarding "Invictus", the drummer, who is regarded as one of the world's best by his peers, previously said: "This solo project contains exactly what the word 'solo' describes: one musician writing all music and lyrics as well as performing all the instruments, while inviting some guests to join.

"At first, I composed some songs in order to support my two drum DVDs, but thanks to the support and demand from all the fans out there, it turned into a full album over time.

"I can honestly say the only reason I have recorded this album is the fans asked for this to happen. I am happy that I did it and more excited than ever for the future of this project! I enjoyed recording it more than anything.

"I have got some great plans for my project. I want to get out there and play this album live as soon as possible too! I also had to pleasure to have some really important guests, which made this album even more special to me. I guarantee that this is only the beginning!!"

Most of the songs on "Invictus" were recorded in between the touring breaks of NILE.

The album contains eleven tracks and four bonus songs and features some of the best musicians on this planet delivering guest solos. Two amazing vocalists make an appearance on the bonus tracks."

Twisted Evil
Vegeta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this sounded like a silly idea when I first read it but the samples are promising!

want/tradelist: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=939479#939479
RottingGrandmaCorpse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounded surprisingly good.
W. Helm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sample is pretty good.
Some riffs are incredibly cheesy and based on the same chord transitions (kinda Behemothish) but it's percussion based music so I'll let that slide.
El Feroce

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that positive response from you guys...
The Farthest Star

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a great drummer, but I might as well be listening to a stapler here. Drums simply don't sound like that.
Klown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing drummer, one of the best. Συγχαρητήρια Γιώργο και εις ανώτερα!
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: NILE's George Kollias solo album "Invictus" Reply with quote

Quote:
love the aggression

This guy is clearly skilled, I wouldn't claim anything else, but yet he somehow comes from some different, faraway school of aggression. What persuades these modern drummers to think that the aforementioned stapler sound bears the likeness of anything even remotely aggressive?
Autokrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good drummer, very good song, awesome production,but... what distinguishes this project from an other technical modern death metal band?
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: NILE's George Kollias solo album "Invictus" Reply with quote

El Feroce wrote:
I can honestly say the only reason I have recorded this album is the fans asked for this to happen.

Yeah, great reason to release an album there!
Vegeta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: NILE's George Kollias solo album "Invictus" Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
Quote:
love the aggression
What persuades these modern drummers to think that the aforementioned stapler sound bears the likeness of anything even remotely aggressive?

when its set to songs/music like on Annihilation of the Wicked, it does comes off way more aggressive than here - but yeah, I too have heard many many drummers that may not be as skilled or play as fast but still come off more aggressive in terms of style and playing

want/tradelist: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=939479#939479
sinister_shawn2001

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W. Helm wrote:
This sample is pretty good.
Some riffs are incredibly cheesy and based on the same chord transitions (kinda Behemothish) but it's percussion based music so I'll let that slide.

Yeah I got a Behemothian vibe while listening to it. Which I don't mind because I Love Behemoth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: