P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

How much time do you spend listening to music ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have very odd listening habits. Most of the time, Metal is playing constantly. Other times I don't listen to anything.

I'm more curious about how people listen to music. Do you do shit while you listen to it? Or just sit in a chair and listen? Sometimes I'll just listen to the same two songs all day, repeatedly. A lot times, I'll listen to just a few tracks from a record, then do the same with others.

Some bands/records I like to just close my eyes and listen to closely.
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually spend a few hours on the bed staring at the walls for hours with music on, its the only way!
Goat.Pestilence

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as possible. Earphones most of the time... all day at school unless the teacher tells me to take the earphones out. On the train. At home I listen to the stereo. Go to sleep to it... lol even when I am not listening I have some riff stuck in my head
Mutilashawn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wake up ... put the needle down on whatever record is on ... leave for classes with mp3 player equipped ... take it off during class ... back on to travel anywhere ... go home ... listen to music while doing internet shit ... listen to player while weight lifting ... while traveling anywhere ... go to jam and play music there ... on the way home ... and again before crashing .... ALL FUCKING DAY!
The_Elite

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On average probably aroung 3hrs a day.
avrlabel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-2 hours on day.Sometimes less sometimes more.
And never listen music while Im doing something,and all nght before sleeping Im listening stuff.
So I think its enough.All possible time goes on it.
chrisandrea

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mutilashawn wrote:
wake up ... put the needle down on whatever record is on ... leave for classes with mp3 player equipped ... take it off during class ... back on to travel anywhere ... go home ... listen to music while doing internet shit ... listen to player while weight lifting ... while traveling anywhere ... go to jam and play music there ... on the way home ... and again before crashing .... ALL FUCKING DAY!

I used to do that pretty much myself ,but latley its not happening ..I dont have arecord cd player in my bedroom so that might be one reason , the speakers on the pc are shit ..the last ones got broke .My collection is growinga snormal but now I seem behind with catching up with stuff especially new stuff ,this could be another thread in itself .My ipod breaking didnt help either cos I could cathch up with the new cds whilst doing stuff but cant do that .Yesterday I calculated 25 minutes ..it made me feel miserable to be honest
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Invictus Productions

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it depends on the day but anything from one hour upwards. I tend to enjoy total peace as well so somedays I don't listen to anything from one end of the day to the other.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually at least 2 hours at work, before I turn on the Howard Stern radio show. He was on vaction last week so I listen to music for the whole 8 hours at work.
Then between the ride to and from work and at night, usually another 1-2 hours at night.
Hallucinating Death

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't function without music. It's like fuel for my body. I hold my shit in till I put something in my player and then make a crazy run for the toilet on my toes. It's very crucial for me to listen to music when I'm taking my shower. I've positioned my speakers in such a way that they face my bathroom; I then lock my bedroom door and leave the bathroom wide door open so I can listen to music and mosh/thrash/splash accordingly. I don't get to listen to metal much during the day as I travel to work with someone and it is not possible for me to listen to it at my workplace.

Once when my player stopped working, I felt as if someone died at my place.
throneofmight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-3 hours per day & love blasting stuff in my car while driving...when I get something new usually listen that on the headphones to get the feel of it & catch up the details...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Humus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably one hour a day + whatever time I'm driving. During examns or when writing a paper it can easily be 12 hours a day, then I listen non-stop.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id say, on weekdays (going to work, exercising, and going to bed) 3-4 hours every day. On the weekends when im going to practice or practicing music- 6 hours. When im at the MARTYRVORE house, its non stop. We will just switch one LP or demo after another. Music and Death metal/ Black metal are continous. If your player breaks...buy a new player. I cannot comprehend how someones Tape/CD/Tunrtable becomes disfunctional and they go even a few days without it. Metal is DRUGS!
masters_throne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I wake up I immediately listen to stuff like Eloy, Pink Floyd, Dead Can Dance after those it is getting harder/heavier until my brain is dead and needs some total silence or TV. Usually I listen to music over the whole day, sometimes it happens that I have too much work and one hour is gone before I recognise that I have to turn the vinyl to the B side.
While driving to rehearsals, etc. I listen to music and if driving to festivals, gigs we listen to music as well. Sometimes, whilst driving back from the gigs we need some total silence or 80'ies pop/NDW music. Depends on the mood...

NP: Desaster - Angelwhore LP

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-3 hrs usually.

half an hour on the way to work and on the return journey, then an hour or 2 in the evenings while I do shit on the computer. Sometimes go to sleep listening to some ambient/noise or whatnot.

Although, as I have people talking at me all day, quite often I really enkoy a few hours of total silence when I get home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: