P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Shitty Local bands..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweden is trend and image.
EternalNight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:

Rolling Eyes
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody on this board was talking about shitty bands and mentioned them having names like DURTPYLE*37 and this is exactly how I picture them sounding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYPSMre9wUk . What the fuck is the bassist doing?

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Holocaust

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only mention this band as they have been around for a while now, as there are worse bands... but to be performing so shitty for so long.

NYDM worship and Meth = Truculence!

http://youtu.be/LPa8QtEpxEs

Also Ceremonial Castings is worthy of mention for the longevity of performing shitty mid era Dimmu Borgir worship "black metal". Embarrassing.
mlotek

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutkvlt wrote:
Somebody on this board was talking about shitty bands and mentioned them having names like DURTPYLE*37 and this is exactly how I picture them sounding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYPSMre9wUk . What the fuck is the bassist doing?

ha ha maybe the bassist is influenced by that new bassist in Metallica who always looks like he just shit his shorts?

Is the singer wearing a razor blade on his necklace? I thought guys who did coke only made GOOD music?
mlotek

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norwegianhowlermonkey wrote:

Can anyone fill me in on what the deal is with Inertia?

where does anyone start?

after local bands build a following with other promoters, he swoops in and gives them opening slots for the larger touring acts, but they are not allowed to play other gigs

Sometimes there are not set door prices, or are raised the night of the show if he thinks he can squeeze more money from metalheads that came from out of town. They will pay it since they spent so much time / effort already traveling.
Aeonblade

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlotek wrote:
norwegianhowlermonkey wrote:

Can anyone fill me in on what the deal is with Inertia?

where does anyone start?

after local bands build a following with other promoters, he swoops in and gives them opening slots for the larger touring acts, but they are not allowed to play other gigs

Sometimes there are not set door prices, or are raised the night of the show if he thinks he can squeeze more money from metalheads that came from out of town. They will pay it since they spent so much time / effort already traveling.

How does he enforce the first part? Threaten to blacklist them from future Inertia shows?
The Prophet Muhammad

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeonblade wrote:

How does he enforce the first part? Threaten to blacklist them from future Inertia shows?

Yeah. They'll never be allowed to play his shows again, or something like that. Anybody willing to play one of his shows in the first place is probably under the false notion that you are doomed to failure in Toronto unless you are on his good side. In reality, however, playing an Inertia show generally lumps you in with all the shit he normally books and the underground bands throw you overboard.

It makes sense why a promoter doesn't want you playing shows near their shows in both time and distance. All promoters will have some sort of clause, whether it is official or not, to protect themselves from losing money because a band loses its draw, but Noel's seem pretty out of whack. Its probably because a lot of his $$ depends on people from the suburbs of toronto, since most of what he books is folk metal, power metal and metalcore. As a result, his demands are something like "no shows within 200km of the city" within a week of the Inertia booking. No Oakville, No Mississauga, no Guelph, no Oshawa, no Whitby.. Basically, anything between Kingston, North Bay, and Sarnia is off limits. I suppose it excludes Buffalo since it is across the border. No band is going to wait around the GTA for 7 days just so they can play Hamilton or London.

One time, a couple of dudes (from Cromlech, I think) brought Vital Remains to town, and Noel repeatedly called them insisting that they hand the show over to him.
ChrisWitchhammer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EternalNight wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:

Rolling Eyes

As trendy as it may be, I'd rather see a band putting on a show than go on stage wearing jogging pants and a flannel, plucking away looking like their thumb's up their arse. ESPECIALLY when it comes to black metal... (oh yeah, I forgot, the "trve" and non-trendy ones are those who never play live... and only have one shitty rehearsal cassette limited to 5 copies signed with the band's cum).
If that makes me a poser, so be it.
Orpheus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its depressing, this guy is so widely hated that anytime anybody who has a good rapport with him hears him brought up theres this guilty preamble ; "Uh, well you know, he is running a business... and um.... "

A business that builds a model out of monopolizing and not paying their "employees" is not legitimate.

If I need help fixing my basement, I can ask my friends to help me if I dont have money. If Im a contractor and collecting revenue from the job, asking subcontractors to do the work for free in exchange for "exposure" is pathetic for all involved.

Its like "selling out" but instead of forfeiting artistic integrity in exchange for financial success, you forfeit your dignity inE exchange for nothing.

That whole Vital Remains thing was ridiculous. It was a partnership between Cromlech and that dude Andreas...who, you know, happens to be Vital's tour manager for South America. The show wasnt even confirmed until Inertia pissed off Vital by lowballing them. Then after losing the deal and hearing that some guy (who has been friends with Vital for decades) had the audacity to put on a show in HIS city, he lost his shit.
HisEmissary

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

multicide wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub2xB8I8iDE (utter shit)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MlA_gZtQng
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doa9uts7s98 (the worst fucking band from around here)

This is pretty much our state's "sound".

So much awful fucking music in CT and Cherry St is its home. Saw a totally killer Dio tribute there last night, though. Some pretty excellent bands to be found, though. Just gotta dig for em.
norwegianhowlermonkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... I guess does this explain why some big acts just skip Toronto and head straight for London or Guelph?

I guess on the "bright side" it's not like there are many interesting shows... Absu and Hawkwind will be the only two shows I've seen this year, which is sadly the average number. Looking back now I've been victim to this shifting door price a number of times.
The Prophet Muhammad

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That and Toronto is full of yuppies. Nobody more hated in Canada than Torontonians.. Maybe natives.
Madhukapala

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck W. wrote:
the midsouth has a weird umbilical connection to the hipster metal scene Portland OR so all the hipster sludge, frilly album cover design bands are big around here and surrounding cities, then shitty ass local redneck bands trying to emulate that but are just a few braincells short of being able to pull it off, then there are a few tech death/whatever bands that pop up for a minute then disappear, always competent musicians but just empty emulation,

however that is nothing compared to shit like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imSI7tv1gjo

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2FQciutxUU

these two types of redneck ass bands are in every single fucking small town in the entire south, their fat ass girlfriends come out and watch them and their uncles sit in the back of the bar shaking their heads for playing that "devil worshippin music"

honestly living in the south is fucking horrible and I can't wait to move, there are 4 good bands in Memphis possibly and I feel for anyone trying to tough it out here and get out of town

Those bands are hilarious. The first one made me tear up with laughter.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Prophet Muhammad wrote:
That and Toronto is full of yuppies. Nobody more hated in Canada than Torontonians.. Maybe natives.

Newfies. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: