P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

"Download to Purchase" Ratio
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeonblade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very rarely download music and listen to it even less. I realize it's "just music", but unless I paid for it and have the complete package I just don't feel any attachment to it. Most of the stuff I have downloaded these days is just stuff I already own on CD. For when I'm too lazy to get up and put it in the player.
Hobophobic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually only download things i've already bought.

there are things i just can't get on cd or vinyl because of availability issues and only have files for, which is unfortunate but that's the way she goes i guess.

holy ghost wrote:

So basically... who gives a cats whiskers?
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5% download

I had over 300 cds before mp3s even existed, so I have an extensive enough library. And now I have around 300 records as well. I have never been a fan of downloading. In the beginning the sound quality was absolute shit. But even more important, for me to really LISTEN to an album you gotta sit down in front of a decent stereo and listen to the entire thing from start to finish. Hearing a random track here and there where you never know of the sound quality of the rip coming through shit computer speakers.......fuck that.
nitroblast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3:97

I've bought a few digital-only releases, and I'll occasionally download something that's long out of print (usually demos).
spectre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own everything I listen to
Superterrorizer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1:5 I guess

I download several 2013 albums and I'm buying my favorite ones. The ones that I don't like I have them stored on my computer for future listening (interests may vary)
thus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The emergence of soundcloud and bandcamp has taken away a lot of the reason for blogspot downloads (except for thieves and freeloaders of course). And they are not shit quality like youtube and myspace (so glad that era is over). More labels/bands should upload a track or two onto those sites.

If I'm going through a distro list I always try to find samples for stuff that's unfamiliar but caught my eye. I don't download full albums because (1) I'm on a "rural" internal plan and pay for every megabyte, (2) I don't WANT to have heard the whole thing already by the time it comes in the mail.
Hanshan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live and work in China (only one more year to go!), so bandcamp and itunes are currently the most effective way of getting new music in an ethical fashion.
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thus wrote:
The emergence of soundcloud and bandcamp has taken away a lot of the reason for blogspot downloads.

I don't WANT to have heard the whole thing already by the time it comes in the mail.

I strongly agree with these two statements.
Aeonblade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanshan wrote:
I live and work in China (only one more year to go!), so bandcamp and itunes are currently the most effective way of getting new music in an ethical fashion.

At least you have access to a lot of Chinese metal. A lot of that stuff is a hassle to find otherwise.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my bitter and hateful resenting opinion... there is too much shit available, good and bad.

I feel weak due to being weak apparently... unable to resist downloading cause of a curious nature calling to me to look into new albums, but nothing is ever going to be as gratifying as it was back when no internet existed and every album was a careful choice made via some flyer or catalogue shipped to you by some obscure distro.

Maybe by luck you heard a single song via some sampler and that called you to check further into a band with great anticipation (and you actually really gave it a chance, cause fuck... it took two months or so to track it down and actually recieve it unlike todays instant download and delete and move on availability)

I miss being stricken in awe by a new band (it did not even have to be amazing) ...the fact is that there was not 1000 other bands instantly available to compete with instantly, so the ones you did find you found more quality within because perhaps of the work involved aquiring said band.

These days bands are like beers, you quiokly consume the fucker and piss it out shortly after. A memory remains a little, yea it was okay, or probably more than likely it just becomes habit... bands today are just painting by numbers, lining up to be consumed and forgotten. ...like a drink, taken in and passed along and the next drink/album consumed.

Last edited by Demoniarch on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I youtube to sample and if kvlt I vinyle (or whine with "should exist in vinyle!).

Only download for mega rare demos.
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since I signed up to spotify I don't download much music. I only did it to have music at work and when out. Nowadays the only things I download are old stuff that's just not easy to find.
morbiddeceiver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped downloading years ago. I use Bandcamp, Facebook, YouTube etc... to hear things before I buy. Some bands I buy before even hearing anything from their new Albums (Prosanctus Inferi, Grave Miasma, Immolation, Incantation etc...)
Morbid69

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download 0%
Spotify Steaming 25%
Buy 75%

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
I rather prefer playing with my girlfriends pussy instead of nerding around in a virtual hell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: