P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

"Download to Purchase" Ratio
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grindmonkeyagain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about purchased downloads? I've buying digital albums off amazon.com for over three months now and it saves me room in my apartment, my turntable is broken so no new vinyl, I just keep a collection of maybe 300 or so LPs on a shelf, I have way too many CD jewelcases scattered about and when I want to trade some in, its a hassle going through my closet looking for the cases. I only pirate stuff if the retail price is above 25 bucks per CD/LP, most of my vinyl is used classic rock and oddities, not much metal.
DSS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do support "worthy" labels/distros so I still but a lot of CDs, tapes and records but not as much as I used to.

There are bands that I like when it comes to their music but I can't stand the individual(s) behind the band so I don't want them to have any of my money. This is when illegal downloading comes into place.

Hard to find albums is another reason for illegal downloading at my house. I am not willing to spend hundreds of dollars on an album.

I have the vinyl version but no CD version - illegal download.

I want to hear a new album before I buy it. I've bought too many shitty albums in the past. I don't want to hear one or two songs only to buy the album and realize that those songs are the best tracks on the album.

And another reason is because I have roughly 2000 CDs and 3000 records in my collection. I have sold most of my tapes and lost count but I should have roughly 400 of them left. I have more than enough music to last me a life time and I know that I don't need to buy or download any more music. So I download because I don't have the space to buy more records and CDs!!
little_raven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:

There are bands that I like when it comes to their music but I can't stand the individual(s) behind the band so I don't want them to have any of my money. This is when illegal downloading comes into place.

requesting download link of de Shining/Mortuary Drape link on FLAC
thus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading about Spotify... so you pay per month to stream music? What's on there, only music that was deliberately licensed to them by the artist/label, or do they have everything under the pirate sun? Is there more than just the mainstream surface of extreme metal?

Not that I'm gonna sign up... just wondering what it is.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Lohmarizer_ wrote:
A clear Ratio for me

Download 0%

Purchase 100%

Exactly this.

"You can't hide the hook!"
midgetviolence

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thus wrote:
Reading about Spotify... so you pay per month to stream music? What's on there, only music that was deliberately licensed to them by the artist/label, or do they have everything under the pirate sun? Is there more than just the mainstream surface of extreme metal?

I don't have it myself, but lots of people I know do.
They have some stuff that suprises me while other more famous stuff does not exist. And lots and lots of underground bands does not exist on there.

They did actually have Goatpenis (only Inhumanization and Trotz Verbot) and they did also have some Arghoslent.
But no Nyogthaeblisz or Der Stürmer.

Those were the only bands I remember checking out.
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I occasionally download something I have on LP and want to listen to on the go. Also old and obscure demos are fair game. Purchasing a walkman and taping my vinyl onto tapes would be a more ethical choice of course but convenience makes the decision a bit easier
VATRA I SUMPOR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading whatever I find interesting, and then buying it if I like it.
Chuck W.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only paid downloads I have are Voivod's Nothingface and Flock of Seagull's second album which I bought when disastrously drunk

I've bought so many fucking CDs this year I have to slow down and listen to the fucking things, nothing is even on my mind to download and once you've seen Delirium and Timeghoul get excellent re-releases everything else is soon to follow so I'm in no hurry to hear anything so soon I can't wait to buy a physical copy, youtube usually covers what I haven't heard yet
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midgetviolence wrote:
thus wrote:

They have some stuff that suprises me while other more famous stuff does not exist. And lots and lots of underground bands does not exist on there.

They did actually have Goatpenis (only Inhumanization and Trotz Verbot) and they did also have some Arghoslent.

I've been very surprised by the wide selection on Spotify. Unless it's ultra underground bands, they have a lot of the music you want. Anyway, if you're someone who listens to music a lot, then a mesely 99kr a month is money well spent I reckon. My only gripe is that they don't allow you to simultaneously listen to your account on more than one device, like a family account or something.
Vikare

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

little_raven wrote:
DSS wrote:

requesting download link of de Shining/Mortuary Drape link on FLAC

This is the sort of thing that, despite trying to cut down my downloading to releases that are rare or out of my price range, I wouldn't want to fund. Shining are bloody awful Diklas Krapforth is a tit.
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

midgetviolence wrote:
thus wrote:

Just noticed Der Sturmer A Banner... is there and Stormheit Razz
I may regret saying that as one of our more "free thinking" members might report them to spotify.
Mutilated

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VATRA I SUMPOR wrote:
Downloading whatever I find interesting, and then buying it if I like it.

This. Always done it and always will.

I only buy it if i really like it though. Stuff that are just "okay" i just keep as mp3's.
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I download a lot and buy a lot as well. Any release I like from the download I add to my buy list and purchase the physical product. If it is a band that I like and I know releases quality music, then I purchase it without a second thought, basically the bands where I have all of their albums and know what to expect quality. I also have too mention to much shit is being released these days, so the downloading thing saves me a ton of money. I also don't go by what band is hyped up as being good I decide that for myself.

We are finally free from gods or men who claim to be.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some labels, like Utech I will buy stuff based just on the description because I tend to like their output a lot. Others I'm a little more cautious, like Profound Lore where I don't always like everything they've released but really respect what they do. Most goatf_ag0 stuff I just use my gut instinct.

Some stuff, like Merzbow, Locrian, Kevin Drumm, is pretty much a blind buy because I like what they do......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: