P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Black Vomit Records - experiences !?!?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mysticus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my parcel today. Finally... but...

I paid for registered shipping (31€) - got the parcel via regular mail (14€).
I have asked for CAREFUL packaging but it arrived in thin cardboard box and the vinyls weren't protected. No protective sleeves, no bubble-wrapped foil and even no fucking cheap newspaper wrapping.
Guess how the vinyl-covers look like??????? Fortunately, not all of them.
Okay, my first and definitely my last experience with this label.

Frenteuropa? Black Vomit Records?
NO, THANKS...
galgenstrang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here.
Once we traded stuff with him and all vinyls arrived with damaged sleeves.
Roy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shipping is a problem yeah. The first time i ordered the sleeves were undamaged so i thought the reactions on the forum were a bit blown up. Unfortunately the other two times i hit the jackpot,just like the rest of the members here. Especially sour as i ordered copies for 2 other guys too.

As far as reliability i have no complaints. Sends back replies within a day and when he forgot some items that i ordered more than one copy from,he shipped them out without hesitation after i mailed him.
OD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say, but one more disappointing experience here.

I ordered Samael and Rotting Christ records and I like how he did the reissues, really great. However, anything else is just not good.

His regular prices for these records were a little bit high, IMO. However, he offered a 20% off sale around New Year, so I didn't wanted to miss the chance. I e-mailed him right when I saw his notification and ordered.

However, the total he sent me was a bit unexpected, even 18 euro for only two LPs to be shipped inside Europe. I didn't had full amount on Paypal because I didn't expect such high shipping rate, so I sent him only money for records and asked him to keep me these until I send him the rest. He was OK with that, and that was cool. I funded my Paypal few days after New Year, sent him money for shipping and he sent me the records.

Anyway, when records came, it was unpleasant surprise. Both had damaged sleeves and even Samael's booklet had corner damages. Records were poorly packed, in a thin box and without bubblewrap or any other protection.

Also, whole package wasn't even sent registered. With such expensive shipping price, I at least expected it to be registered.

Moreover, I'm still VERY suspicious that he actually screwed me with postage, because it was clearly written "12,50" with pen there.

If it's true, and I'm 90% sure it is, because such postage I payed does NOT seem legit (especially for unregistered package)... then his "20% off limited time sale" was just bullshit.

I thought at first that he screwed me with the postage and sent me damaged copies because he had to wait me few days to send him money for postage... which would be idiotic from him anyway, but then when I saw this topic, it's clear that it wasn't the case as more people have the same issue with sleeves and shipping.

He is reissuing very good stuff, but no way I will order from him ever again.
OD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysticus wrote:
I paid for registered shipping (31€) - got the parcel via regular mail (14€).

Uh, he screwed you way worse than me. Now it's quite clear that he blatantly steals with fake postage rates and now I'm sure he definitely deceived me for 5 euro.

I wonder why the guy acts that lame to steal on postage when he already had quite pricey records that aren't hard to sell as they are classics.
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another shameful story about Black Vomit Prod :

Ordered in december from him and never received the parcel. Asked him about tracking numbers and he told me that i didn't pay for registered postage.

But on the Black Vomit shop you only have 1 option of shipping through Europe, so i was dumb enough to believe it was registered shipping. But no, it was regular shipping and there was no options to ask select registered shipping.
Sent him a couple of mails about that, always taking at least 3 days to answer. And he didn't answer the last two i've sent and that's why i'm getting tired and come to warn you (again).

But here is where my story differ :
I have scanned him at least 10 items (6 interviews from old fanzines + couple of pictures and flyers) from the Necromantia demo days (which is the relase i ordered). And yet he doesn't even seems particularly concerned about my problem.

So my advice is : do not order from him (and if you do, keep in mind that the default shipping is not registered) and do not work with or try to help him. It will not bring you any kind of gratitude.
abbottur

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy sounds like a cock.
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad Floga or someone similar can't take over rereleasing all the classics this dude is entrusted with...
eighthplague

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've purchased some of his releases from other distros, distros who I trust and have done business with for years, and they always show up scuffed, slightly bent, etc, despite the parcel from the distro being flawless.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time I ever ordered direct from this guy was the Thy Mighty Contract die-hard and it actually arrived in pristine condition. I guess I should've played the lottery that day.

But now in scene of baby Watains and weak emo scums with haircut
Warning!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip guys. I think I will simply pass / cancel my order. Lucky me, I havent throwed any euros to the toilet yet..
Robb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There´s an older warning-thread somewhere as well.
Ordered from him once, the records were just stuffed into the box. Nearly half arrived with seam-splits, almost all with bent corners.
Julius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for your feedback messages and experiences about this label. I think that the last thing I'll do in this earth will be an order to this label or... wait, I think even that Smile

Only things like that makes the Underground scene stronger and honest.

Hope will continues this kind of threads for a long time whenever necessary!!!
Endsieg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone able to give a thumbs up on this?

especially regarding the necromantia die hards which i would love to order but then again, people only see to have trouble with this label.
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought TMC die-hard from him as well and everything arrived on time and in perfect condition. My only complaint is the record imo sounds like shit. Maybe that is always the way it sounded. I have nothing to compare it to because it is the first time I ever heard TMC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: