P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Abigor - Thoughts by TT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
the coming of blood angel



Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 485

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's coming. They posted a track of the new vinyl master.

https://soundcloud.com/abigor-2/abigor-dawn-of-human-dust-lp

I don't think it will include the demos, but I'm not sure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gehinnom



Joined: 25 Feb 2011
Posts: 336

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good - great band all round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolfram



Joined: 17 Jun 2007
Posts: 2608

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never really liked the bands music but always appreciated their true attitude!

Hail Abigor!
_________________
www.new-era-productions.nl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Morbid69



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 1604
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with this is that there are virtually no bands which sound like Abigor, Emperor, Dawn, Master's Hammer etc anymore Sad

Negative Plane are probably the best example of a modern black metal band holding it down.
_________________
Good traders: Professor Black, Golden Bull, Albin, TheUnborn, knochen, Valgrinder, Sv., dangerass, dalecooper, s.charlach, into the pit

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
I rather prefer playing with my girlfriends pussy instead of nerding around in a virtual hell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Morbid Obesity



Joined: 07 Apr 2011
Posts: 1880
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the coming of blood angel wrote:
Hail Abigor

Exclamation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gehinnom



Joined: 25 Feb 2011
Posts: 336

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While on this topic, is there anywhere that sells decent Abigor shirts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexBlume



Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 219
Location: Kansas City, MO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviews were useful when you couldn't hear a release without buying/ordering it and waiting for it to show up in the mail 2-6 weeks later.

When it takes 30 seconds to find and listen to at least one whole song from almost any release, why bother with reviews at all?
Just make up your own mind!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Twilight Command



Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 316
Location: Baltimore, MD, USA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexBlume wrote:
Reviews were useful when you couldn't hear a release without buying/ordering it and waiting for it to show up in the mail 2-6 weeks later.

When it takes 30 seconds to find and listen to at least one whole song from almost any release, why bother with reviews at all?
Just make up your own mind!


Media criticism can be interesting on its own merits. A good critic can offer context, perspective, and connections that might not have occurred to a listener in isolation. And sometimes it's just good writing. The best known example of this is, of course, Lester Bangs.

Granted, that sort of reviewing does best in channels that are carefully curated. The signal to noise ratio on a site like Metal Archives is pretty terrible.
_________________
Steken wrote:
Black Ambient : Dark Ambient : : Insane Clown Posse : Wu Tang Clan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thoth



Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 552

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% support to his views.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eighthplague
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In general festivals are ok, and good fun is ok, not for BM as spiritual artform, but for people’s every day lives. Nothing against that. BM has overcome the ridiculous ‘Lord of silence that never laughs’ childish shit of the early 90s. Creating serious BM does not mean hiding in a cave, listening to Metal exclusively and wearing leather jackets. It does not mean living a stupid cliché. It does not mean to be a sad lad abandoning all easy joy and every day stupidities. But it means one’s art is dead serious and bears uncompromising content! And the thoughts presented in the lyrics are dangerous thoughts! And therefore serious BM still does not belong on such a festival stage like Wacken. Keep such ‘BM for the singalong masses’ slots reserved for the commercial darlings that write their ‘art’ for these occasions, for Rock´n´Roll bands like Immortal.


Holy fucking truth.
Back to top
Deadlyrecoil



Joined: 06 Jun 2012
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one with taste and some intelligence can deny the truth in this statement
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hallucinogen



Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Posts: 608

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
Quote:
In general festivals are ok, and good fun is ok, not for BM as spiritual artform, but for people’s every day lives. Nothing against that. BM has overcome the ridiculous ‘Lord of silence that never laughs’ childish shit of the early 90s. Creating serious BM does not mean hiding in a cave, listening to Metal exclusively and wearing leather jackets. It does not mean living a stupid cliché. It does not mean to be a sad lad abandoning all easy joy and every day stupidities. But it means one’s art is dead serious and bears uncompromising content! And the thoughts presented in the lyrics are dangerous thoughts! And therefore serious BM still does not belong on such a festival stage like Wacken. Keep such ‘BM for the singalong masses’ slots reserved for the commercial darlings that write their ‘art’ for these occasions, for Rock´n´Roll bands like Immortal.


Holy fucking truth.
When I was reading this part I was kinda hoping he would write "Watain" instead of Immortal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dismal



Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Posts: 450

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff. Makes me appreciate them even more. Support.
_________________
http://portentuk.bandcamp.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ihslahm



Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Posts: 959

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total support.

Oddly enough, I got an Abigor shirt at Wacken '99 and saw Immortal , although they did not play the 'party' stage.
_________________
"...that magnificent deer has vanished."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
midgetviolence



Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 576
Location: Somewhere around the baltic sea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallucinogen wrote:
When I was reading this part I was kinda hoping he would write "Watain" instead of Immortal.


You really sit and hope that BM bands would say that Watain aren't serious/bad/whatever?
Damn, you're pretty obsessed with that band.

Agree with his statement, even though I love Immortal. It was one of the most "down to earth" yet serious statements about Black Metal in general I've read.
_________________
Todays modern science is your modern religion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group