P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

[!] Funeral Mist "Trisagion" vinyl box set
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fornicator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Marduk is the band paying the bills... and is actually quite a good band too. Although I wish they would adopt some of Funeral Mists more chaotic and busy sound... just a little more Laughing

Great idea, though there are slight hints here and there!
Vegeta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fornicator wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
Marduk is the band paying the bills... and is actually quite a good band too. Although I wish they would adopt some of Funeral Mists more chaotic and busy sound... just a little more Laughing

Wormwood was pretty much "Maranatha II"

Kvlty wrote:
I Recently got heavily into Goat Semen and Anal vomit
Thoth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegeta wrote:
Fornicator wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:

I thought Wormwood was pretty much all Maranatha B-sides. Not such a great album... there are a few highlights but overall nothing really outstanding in my opinion. Really wish Marduk would spend more time between each album.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoth wrote:
I thought Wormwood was pretty much all Maranatha B-sides.

Well this. Good album but come on... Nowhere near the brilliance of Funeral Mist. Clearly leftover material from Arioch.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Perverted Priest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegeta wrote:
Fornicator wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:

Nope. Wormwood was not even close to the chaos and madness of Maranatha. It kind of sounds like "OK, Arioch, I've run out of ideas and we still need like two more pieces, show me what you've got".
But I like Wormwood a lot, by the way.
Vegeta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perverted Priest wrote:
Vegeta wrote:

Nope. Wormwood was not even close to the chaos and madness of Maranatha. It kind of sounds like "OK, Arioch, I've run out of ideas and we still need like two more pieces, show me what you've got".

it may not amount to the same levels as Maranatha (but those levels were high as fuck, so I dont blame them) but the style is undeniably similar - almost identical - great album nonetheless, but not exactly "Marduk"

Kvlty wrote:
I Recently got heavily into Goat Semen and Anal vomit
Perverted Priest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegeta wrote:
Perverted Priest wrote:
Vegeta wrote:

it may not amount to the same levels as Maranatha (but those levels were high as fuck, so I dont blame them) but the style is undeniably similar - almost identical - great album nonetheless, but not exactly "Marduk"

Hmm, quite right, but I wouldn't call it "not exactly Marduk". Every good band has to progress, and needs some fresh blood. Arioch is such fresh blood and the band progress, and it's a good progress. Wormwood must be the album where Arioch's input was biggest, I guess. Anyway, it's just my slightly different way of seeing things.
Dusted

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marduk makes their living off touring,so they are pretty active and prolific with recording. Usually Marduk has half standard marduk fare (some of which is still pretty damn good) and some serious bouts of FM style brilliance thrown in there

it never quite reaches the complete darkness of FM but it is good to see IMO!!!

if i can get that every 2 years i am NOT complaining
COULD be better but its not bad,and funeral mist will rise once again when we least expect it.
Fornicator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funeral Mist is Rotten to the core. Arioch would have to write ALL over the material in Marduk in order to get close to FM again. Also Arioch told a friend of mine that there will be more FM in the future but no date is given.
Thoth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fornicator wrote:
Funeral Mist is Rotten to the core. Arioch would have to write ALL over the material in Marduk in order to get close to FM again. Also Arioch told a friend of mine that there will be more FM in the future but no date is given.

Yeah, he works on it slowly but surely. I know when I talked to him (for surprisingly quite a lengthy time) two years ago he said he had already some material but he cannot rush it: "It can take 10 months or 10 years, I cannot say."

Complete respect for his way of working. Hopefully he comes out with another masterpiece. If the song "Coram Satanae" from the latest Marduk album (which is undoubtly written by him) is any indication, I have no worries that it will be magnificently destructive.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fornicator wrote:

Marduk unfortunately must maintain some level of 'commercial' appeal to the wider audience... as all bands must attempt that remain in continuous tour circuits and on the labels that afford such business.

There is no doubt that Marduk completely resurected itself with the inclusion of Arioch to the ranks... a dying band fading away was as close to death artisically as it could get before taking on Arioch and the albums after have a much needed injection of creativity that can only be attributed to the new member really.
Funeral Mist albums compared to Marduk albums prior to Arioch joining Marduk compared to Marduk albums with Arioch now. The Funeral Mist are of course a no holds barred chaos... Marduk is slightly more reigned in and of course done so for the appeal and selling ability to the larger market of semi-underground metal fans.

Another Funeral Mist album is more than likely a possibility, I don't see Marduk tapping all of Ariochs artistic ideas dry. Maybe some of his more melodic and tame numbers, but I am sure there is a chaos waiting to be unleashed yet. Twisted Evil
Fornicator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoth wrote:
Fornicator wrote:

Yeah, he works on it slowly but surely. I know when I talked to him (for surprisingly quite a lengthy time) two years ago he said he had already some material but he cannot rush it: "It can take 10 months or 10 years, I cannot say."

Complete respect for his way of working. Hopefully he comes out with another masterpiece. If the song "Coram Satanae" from the latest Marduk album (which is undoubtly written by him) is any indication, I have no worries that it will be magnificently destructive.

Respect indeed, better to take the time than rush the thing. I met him before too but he was very reserved and I can tell he did not want to be noticed, cool guy over all. Coram Satanae is awesome, in depth the new album is GREAT.
Fornicator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Fornicator wrote:

Marduk unfortunately must maintain some level of 'commercial' appeal to the wider audience... as all bands must attempt that remain in continuous tour circuits and on the labels that afford such business.

There is no doubt that Marduk completely resurected itself with the inclusion of Arioch to the ranks... a dying band fading away was as close to death artisically as it could get before taking on Arioch and the albums after have a much needed injection of creativity that can only be attributed to the new member really.
Funeral Mist albums compared to Marduk albums prior to Arioch joining Marduk compared to Marduk albums with Arioch now. The Funeral Mist are of course a no holds barred chaos... Marduk is slightly more reigned in and of course done so for the appeal and selling ability to the larger market of semi-underground metal fans.

Another Funeral Mist album is more than likely a possibility, I don't see Marduk tapping all of Ariochs artistic ideas dry. Maybe some of his more melodic and tame numbers, but I am sure there is a chaos waiting to be unleashed yet. Twisted Evil

Yes I agree, and there is nothing wrong with appealing to a larger crowd. Alot of people are against this and call them trendy but like everything you stated above some of this stuff UNFORTUNATELY is essential in forms of business.
Fornicator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought this last year.

VOTHANA666

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...another useless coaster to set my beers on
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13

Jump to: