P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Judas iscariot-heaven in flames GREEN?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyforestblaze

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now there's also a purple one available it seems. It gets more ridiculous with the day.

About the original LP selling out before it was released, here's an excerpt of the interview:

Quote:
Yes, "Heaven In Flames" is my newest conjuration. The LP version is limited to only 200 copies, so it might be hard to locate a copy. The owner of the label told me it had been sold out twice over before it was released, which was good news to hear, as the propaganda of Judas Iscariot is being spread well. I love vinyl, because it is a rare and obscure format.

The entire piece can be read here: http://archive.is/ljXmV
lordnausea

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSD Records wrote:
Just stick to the CD version of "Heaven In Flames" which is still widely available.
Is the urge to get each and every album on (limited) vinyl so strong
that people rather spend money on cheap bootleg LPs in horrible ridiculous colors instead of an official CD version?

The regular official CD version is as shabby as a bootleg lp in weird colours. In my case I have almost the complete discography of JI on tape and it is ok for me (I donīt buy cds), but I really like this band and it will be great to have some of the JI best albums on vinyl. For me HEAVEN IN FLAMES is the best JI album (maybe between my favourites bm albus for all time) but the RIDICULOUS limitation of the vinyl and the non-sense jewery around tIT makes for me not an option to buy it. So, this bootleg is a good option as whoever who had the chance to properly re-release this vinyls do nothing while the original vinyl editions are now like a luxury boutique item. So this bootleg can be an option...just hope the boot is not a complete shit.

http://dolorydisciplina.blogspot.com.es/

Last edited by lordnausea on Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
DIMTSAGARAKIS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sad is that always the bootleg version is shit . they make it just for some easy dollars and no for you . Green-purple-blue- pink?
Hateful_Reality

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A LP limited to 75 copies and selling for 16.50 euros... what are these colored with crayons by a two year old on recycled paper? and on a paper thin record?
Weltbrand

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, when you order records from a pressing plant you can do things like getting 75 on green, 75 on blue, 100 on pink, etc. More than likely they pressed a few hundred of these and broke up the color variations for the online catalog. Come on now.
Hateful_Reality

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the greatest bootlegging trick of all time, take notes. now you can limit 6.66 times in one pressing of 500 records for ultra scabby returns. Anyway good point.

Weltbrand wrote:
Guys, when you order records from a pressing plant you can do things like getting 75 on green, 75 on blue, 100 on pink, etc. More than likely they pressed a few hundred of these and broke up the color variations for the online catalog. Come on now.
RottingGrandmaCorpse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Some stamp collectors will buy every color (and post in the Vinyl Scores thread,) instead of just one. Only to sell out faster and bootleg again! Next 500 on swirl colors!
Vegeta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RottingGrandmaCorpse wrote:
Next 500 on swirl colors!

but... but having them be swirl colored.. then no two copies will be the same..
each copy will be like its own version!!

Kvlty wrote:
I Recently got heavily into Goat Semen and Anal vomit
Hateful_Reality

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh shit, next run limited to one copy 500 times $120 a copy very rare
Warfare Noise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kojiri wrote:
xyosefx wrote:
I'm sure a lot of the EAL back catalog is destined for the same fate.

Their own fault really. They created the cult releases & for the most part manufactured the demand for them and the byproduct of that is bootlegging. Total support to the bootlegging of ALL good releases that are overlimited and unwilling to be released officially in the future. The only people that are grumpy about this are the owners of the originals because the market value just dropped.

Bullshit. Again, you over simplify the position. I don't even know how to respond to something as illogical as "The only people that are grumpy about this are the owners of the originals because the market value just dropped." For an easy example, how about the artist who might have a specific vision about how their releases are presented? Your assertion is absurdly over simplified, inconsistent with your politics (as presented outside this thread), completely unsubstantiated and inflammatory. (surprise surprise...)

As already stated in this thread, these records were easy to get when they came out, and can still be found if you have the cash or good trades. It's not quite the same as nowadays "friends only" blackmetal, and i'm fairly certain that 9 out of 10 people never imagined that there would be a massive collectors market for blackmetal made by people who can barely handle instruments. Despite what the silly 'USBM vice era' thread suggests, bands like JI were NOT widely respected when they were active.

Dont get me wrong, manufactured collectibles DO exist in 2013. Personally, I find the emergence of "DVVVVSHLRAX reh out now in 15 blood-numbered elite copies" to be the second most detestable trend in the history of this culture, even more cringe-inducing than all the hairspray and zebra print on earth. But the #1 most disgusting trend going now is this overwhelming entitlement sentiments. Humanitarian crybabys which have become de rigueur and leak violently from every side of this thread. Who says that anyone should be able to easily purchase anything at the exact moment that they want it? I've spent years searching for many items and never felt victimized by the difficulty in getting them, in fact I quite enjoy the hunt and eventual capture. I am glad there are still items which have eluded me, it keeps me writing emails, combing through trade lists, etc.

It's pathetic that people celebrate bootlegs as some kind of victory considering that it completely undermines the same culture they claim to take so seriously. "Blackmetal is more than music". Hm.

lordnausea wrote:
(...snip) For me HEAVEN IN FLAMES is the best JI album (maybe between my favourites bm albus for all time) but the RIDICULOUS limitation of the vinyl and the non-sense jewery around tIT makes for me not an option to buy it. So, this bootleg is a good option as whoever who had the chance to properly re-release this vinyls do nothing while the original vinyl editions are now like a luxury boutique item. (snip...)

...and frankly, if your "favourites bm albus for all time" is a $400 record (give or take) consider yourself lucky and open your fucking wallet. In most areas of interest, people cannot even find their white whale, or ever hope to afford it if they do. $400 is cheap for the greatest accomplishment in blackmetal, be glad you aren't into hot rods or Militaria or even any kind of other music than blackmetal.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warfare Noise wrote:
Kojiri wrote:
xyosefx wrote:
I'm sure a lot of the EAL back catalog is destined for the same fate.

Their own fault really. They created the cult releases & for the most part manufactured the demand for them and the byproduct of that is bootlegging. Total support to the bootlegging of ALL good releases that are overlimited and unwilling to be released officially in the future. The only people that are grumpy about this are the owners of the originals because the market value just dropped.

Bullshit. Again, you over simplify the position. I don't even know how to respond to something as illogical as "The only people that are grumpy about this are the owners of the originals because the market value just dropped." For an easy example, how about the artist who might have a specific vision about how their releases are presented? Your assertion is absurdly over simplified, inconsistent with your politics (as presented outside this thread), completely unsubstantiated and inflammatory. (surprise surprise...)

As already stated in this thread, these records were easy to get when they came out, and can still be found if you have the cash or good trades. It's not quite the same as nowadays "friends only" blackmetal, and i'm fairly certain that 9 out of 10 people never imagined that there would be a massive collectors market for blackmetal made by people who can barely handle instruments. Despite what the silly 'USBM vice era' thread suggests, bands like JI were NOT widely respected when they were active.

Dont get me wrong, manufactured collectibles DO exist in 2013. Personally, I find the emergence of "DVVVVSHLRAX reh out now in 15 blood-numbered elite copies" to be the second most detestable trend in the history of this culture, even more cringe-inducing than all the hairspray and zebra print on earth. But the #1 most disgusting trend going now is this overwhelming entitlement sentiments. Humanitarian crybabys which have become de rigueur and leak violently from every side of this thread. Who says that anyone should be able to easily purchase anything at the exact moment that they want it? I've spent years searching for many items and never felt victimized by the difficulty in getting them, in fact I quite enjoy the hunt and eventual capture. I am glad there are still items which have eluded me, it keeps me writing emails, combing through trade lists, etc.

It's pathetic that people celebrate bootlegs as some kind of victory considering that it completely undermines the same culture they claim to take so seriously. "Blackmetal is more than music". Hm..

That is one phrase I've never uttered in my life... and in fact, I laugh at the people who consider it "more than music" to justify their obsessions. It is intense music, polarizing music, but it is just music when all is said and done... if you're an artist, of course you consider it more than music because you will never make a living off of it... it's your lifestyle!

As for getting pissed off at entitlement of people who would like to own limited/collectable pieces through any means necessary for no reason other than because you invested tons of $$$ and lots of time into acquiring rare pieces (PS I have too)... boo fucking hoo...

Quit crying and realize that an artist even releasing 10 items for sale is still the commercialization of their music and at that point, it doesn't really matter if they want to keep it limited for the "true". If the only thing that defines true and false today is how much money you spend on ebay or how fast your internet connection is, then the black metal culture can go fuck itself, and this is coming from someone who has been collecting for over 15 years.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Warfare Noise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o ho ho... If you are consistent in one things its being inconsistent. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you didnt misunderstand me, but then it means you are intentionally manipulating what I said. It's like nailing Jello to a wall.

Kojiri wrote:

As for getting pissed off at entitlement of people who would like to own limited/collectable pieces through any means necessary for no reason other than because you invested tons of $$$ and lots of time into acquiring rare pieces (PS I have too)... boo fucking hoo...

Support this with anything I said. Because it seems I was pretty clear that I was lambasting the shift towards prevalent attitudes of entitlement (see: "de rigeur"), nowhere did I mention feeling jealousy over my own investments (time or money) being compromised. In fact, what is quite funny about this is that your original suggestion was that a challenged investment was the only thing a person could care about, I countered that , and you ignored me and suggested it a second time. It's really dull dull dull my friend.

Kojiri wrote:

Quit crying

Cute, but I promise I am nowhere near tears.
Kojiri wrote:
and realize that an artist even releasing 10 items for sale is still the commercialization of their music and at that point, it doesn't really matter if they want to keep it limited for the "true". If the only thing that defines true and false today is how much money you spend on ebay or how fast your internet connection is, then the black metal culture can go fuck itself, and this is coming from someone who has been collecting for over 15 years.

Support this with anything I said. I made no mention of limitations as a way to reach a "true" audience or the amount of money spent being a measurement of commitment. I did point out that I don't consider a $400 record to be unobtainable... but that has nothing to do with the integrity of the person who does or does not buy it.

I am not so thick that I don't understand that greedy opportunists will line their pockets with cheap, mp3 sourced 7 color variant bootlegs... but I do remember a time when the audience wouldn't celebrate this, and even turn it spitefully against the artist. It just seems strange that anyone would say 'JI is my favorite artist and this is my favorite album and it being bootlegged is a well deserved FUCK YOU to him for allowing it to go out of print'. It's an attitude which disgusts me.

When I couldn't easily buy an album I was looking for immediately, I always preferred a dub (I think you folk call them downloads now) rather than buying a $20 bootleg pressing. I do remember a time when people didn't consider it a personal offense that something was out of print, nor did they consider it their birth right to be able to purchase anything at anytime. I'ts an attitude which disgusts me.

You said that limitations MOSTLY exists for labels and bands to manufacture collectibles and that audience outrage ONLY exists because people feel their investment is threatened. That is what I am disagreeing with. Im certain you are aware that Gelal wouldn't allow anyone to repress MTP on vinyl for years out of respect for the sacrifice that woodnymph made. Meanwhile the original pressing climbed $200, $300, $400 at times... I wonder (sincerely, as I can never really imagine what you will say next) if you would have supported a bootleg MTP pressing... you know, to teach them a lesson about leaving things out of print and all.
VOTHANA666

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...anyone have this? id be curious to see how it looks
Shiru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn what a topic...
if you want 400 dollars records , then get 400 dollars and buy record....
or wait for repress
or just download flac somewhere(cause mp3 are lower quality), cause i dont see there big difference between having flac and bootleg, expect that flac can sounds better in the end Idea
T.H.U.L.E.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madness has begun Laughing

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Judas-Iscariot-Heaven-in-Flames-purple-splatter-vinyl-Lim-20-Burzum-Mayhem-/321234119270?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item4acb0baa66
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: