P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Compact Cassette
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orpheus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I like demos to be released on tape format. Mostly for aesthetic reasons than anything else. I just like the fact that bands have to put some effort into making their demo tape instead of burning CDRs with pixely covers. Of course most demos these days look like ass so my reasoning is flawed to some extent. I guess I should qualify my original statement by saying that I like good demos to be on tape format.

Demos can be made nicely on CD-R with some effort too. My attitude is that if they dont want to put the effort in, just upload it to Jewtube or Soundcloud or fuck off.

I had cool demos on black cd-r, or those little CDs that hold 15 minutes, with inserts made on good paper. It really depends.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true but that's usually not the case. I also hate how old CDRs start to oxidize.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Orpheus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
That's true but that's usually not the case. I also hate how old CDRs start to oxidize.

Yes, that is a problem I agree. I heard that there are certain brands that are immune to that though.
Ihslahm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all formats just about the same but for different situations. I grew up with tapes and LP's so hiss or surface noise/pops just get automatically ignored by selective listening. I like tapes a lot just out of nostalgia, but in some cases when the recording is decent and pro-printed I really think it adds a quality to the sound which I prefer. Maybe it is just being forced to listen through minor hiss. Rarely have any tapes been eaten, but I know how to repair them with some scotch tape (as long as you can get the damn thing open). Tons of my cd's are scratched due to being a lazy slob, so tapes are more durable for me too. That said, a huge amount of tapes being produced lack any decent quality in music, production, aesthetics, or dubbing quality, but those problems aren't the fault of the medium.

CD's I find most ideal for listening while going to sleep since I often have insomnia and want whatever I am listening to to last as long as possible, but am too stone age to set up some kind of mp3 player in the bedroom that can play forever.
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
My personal collection at home has a healthy selection of all three formats, and I couldn't be more pleased by that.

Sometimes it's nice to just throw five cd's into te carousal and let them play end to end while performing other activities... sometimes it's nice to actually just sit and be immersed in an album with the LP jacket on ones lap drinking a beer and taking in the entire artwork (music and visuals etc etc)
Sometimes there is a nostalgic desire to hear a new band the old demo way to have a moment of youth back again and remember how things used to be, the tapes are great for that.

Out of the three tapes are the format I buy the least of, but I still enjoy the little bastards. Wink

This is the closest post on the topic to my own thoughts.
Tapes are great but are a non-archival format and as such if you value there contents you should back them up, even if its to another tape.
Necrosadist
banned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassette collectors nowadays are mainly 15 year old hipsters, If you're 20 or 30 something and you still prefer cassettes than the other formats, you're probably piss poor and can't afford CD's or Vinlys.

THE SOUND QUALITY ON CASSETTES SUCKS MAJOR COCK! AND IF YOU DISAGREE THEN YOU ARE FUCKING DEAF RETARD!
derelict

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necrosadist wrote:
Cassette collectors nowadays are mainly 15 year old hipsters, If you're 20 or 30 something and you still prefer cassettes than the other formats, you're probably piss poor and can't afford CD's or Vinlys.

THE SOUND QUALITY ON CASSETTES SUCKS MAJOR COCK! AND IF YOU DISAGREE THEN YOU ARE FUCKING DEAF RETARD!

Eloquent statement! Grammar and spelling check be damned!
ghaaroth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necrosadist wrote:
If you're 20 or 30 something and you still prefer cassettes than the other formats, you're probably piss poor and can't afford CD's or Vinlys.

That's why 2-3 years old limited tapes long sold out from the distros go for 15-20 euros on discogs. Because we are too poor for cds.
Orpheus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghaaroth wrote:
Necrosadist wrote:
If you're 20 or 30 something and you still prefer cassettes than the other formats, you're probably piss poor and can't afford CD's or Vinlys.

That's why 2-3 years old limited tapes long sold out from the distros go for 15-20 euros on discogs. Because we are too poor for cds.

I'm so poor I cant afford to have internet to download pirated FLACs, thats why I buy cassettes
mlotek

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghaaroth wrote:
Necrosadist wrote:

I was glad to score the first Antediluvian demo tape for like $20 on ebay the other day, after I seen it going for $38 on discogs Very Happy
Really wish I paid more attention in the past and got it for $5
Orpheus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keegan from SFM still has a few of the Antediluvian tapes for $5.
Just sayin.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:
Just sayin.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Ebay hey. Laughing
mlotek

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:
Just sayin.

No he doesn't, he said on ebay he was selling his last original copy from the band, and I bought it.

But if he is selling $5 dubs like the bootlegged stuff, then I guess I got burnt.
Orpheus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake.
SFM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
Just sayin.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Ebay hey. Laughing

Maybe I lost the joke? That its funny I am forced to sell off my personal collection so my cats don't stare to death with me?

http://skullfuckingmetal.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: