P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Compact Cassette
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caligari

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necrosadist wrote:
Cassette collectors nowadays are mainly 15 year old hipsters, If you're 20 or 30 something and you still prefer cassettes than the other formats, you're probably piss poor and can't afford CD's or Vinlys.

THE SOUND QUALITY ON CASSETTES SUCKS MAJOR COCK! AND IF YOU DISAGREE THEN YOU ARE FUCKING DEAF RETARD!

Cassettes are fucking special in a different way that this guy is obviously special.
Coming Soon: BUNKER 66 / HUMAN BODIES / SKELETHAL / ALUCARDA
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necrosadist wrote:
Cassette collectors nowadays are mainly 15 year old hipsters, If you're 20 or 30 something and you still prefer cassettes than the other formats, you're probably piss poor and can't afford CD's or Vinlys.

THE SOUND QUALITY ON CASSETTES SUCKS MAJOR COCK! AND IF YOU DISAGREE THEN YOU ARE FUCKING DEAF RETARD!

You're a fucking clueless idiot.
Orpheus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFM wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
Keegan from SFM still has a few of the Antediluvian tapes for $5.
Just sayin.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Ebay hey. Laughing

Maybe I lost the joke? That its funny I am forced to sell off my personal collection so my cats don't stare to death with me?

Nobody was implying that at all man. The joke was that I was under the impression that you still had a bunch of them for distro prices while they're on eBay for big money. If anything the joke's on me for not buying them when I could.
thus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one of the Prehistorik Khaos tape from his distro last year for $5 or $6 or whatver, unfortunately didn't have the rehearsal which was supposedly on the B side. Bad sound too, but it doesn't matter anymore since Watchers Reign came out.
mlotek

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thus wrote:
I got one of the Prehistorik Khaos tape from his distro last year for $5 or $6 or whatver, unfortunately didn't have the rehearsal which was supposedly on the B side. Bad sound too, but it doesn't matter anymore since Watchers Reign came out.

Well, for an original copy he got from the band, mine sounds like low volume, distorted shit, there is no sound in one channel and there are no rehearsal bonus songs, the main reason I bought it, as the reh tracks are not on any of the vinyl releases I bought, and I have almost their entire tape/vinyl collection.

After I mentioned the reason was why I bought the tape, and he checked metal archives/discogs, he guessed there were two versions of that tape the band released.
I got a crappy one at a crappy price. Fuck me.
I don't feel like buying anything again.
SFM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlotek wrote:
thus wrote:

Well, for an original copy he got from the band, mine sounds like low volume, distorted shit, there is no sound in one channel and there are no rehearsal bonus songs, the main reason I bought it, as the reh tracks are not on any of the vinyl releases I bought, and I have almost their entire tape/vinyl collection.

After I mentioned the reason was why I bought the tape, and he checked metal archives/discogs, he guessed there were two versions of that tape the band released.

Now I know what happened. Check your email please and thanks

http://skullfuckingmetal.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
morbiddeceiver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thus wrote:

Same here. Bought a copy w/ no rehearsal tracks. What does the "original" look like??
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange. I got mine from the band as well and the sound is good and has the reh. tracks(which are more vicious than the demo IMO).
SFM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlotek wrote:
thus wrote:

You were refunded 100%.

http://skullfuckingmetal.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Backwards

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I <3 tapes.
Sifu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was good only when Cds didn't exist or when they appeared we could make compilations and carry around more portable, walk-man, car stereo. And tapes were cheaper back then you could spend 5 bucks on a band you didn't know instead of 15 (CD). I still have some "compilations"tapes I made 20 years ago because I don't throw anything away. Rolling Eyes
mlotek

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFM wrote:

You were refunded 100%.

Thank you, that was very much appreciated after all the trades / business we have done over the years.
You will get back the tape+cover in the next package I send.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sifu wrote:
It was good only when Cds didn't exist or when they appeared we could make compilations and carry around more portable, walk-man, car stereo. And tapes were cheaper back then you could spend 5 bucks on a band you didn't know instead of 15 (CD). I still have some "compilations"tapes I made 20 years ago because I don't throw anything away. Rolling Eyes

What planet were you buying tapes on? I pretty distinctly remember tapes being $10-15 when I was a kid. Always about $5 less than the CD version, give or take.
mlotek

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will guess he bought them used if they were $5, or he found them in the delete / bargain bins put there by record store staff that hated metal or didn't care.
Sifu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
Sifu wrote:

What planet were you buying tapes on? I pretty distinctly remember tapes being $10-15 when I was a kid. Always about $5 less than the CD version, give or take.

On distros they were, still are from what I see. Again, buying unknown bands, bands you never heard of back then, only you know it's black metal, death metal, it was better to buy 3 tapes from unknown bands 5+5+5 than buying a $15 CD from unknown band, there was no internet, mp3s back in 93-94-95 thats where I bought most of my tapes for that reason. I've got some gems thought, demos and such.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: