P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bands that sound similar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luxixul Sumering

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Bands that sound similar Reply with quote

Don't think we have a thread like this and was wondering if anyone can recommend me anything that sounds like Cosmic Church? Been hearing their material since their debut and haven't stopped buying all their merch. Anyway, anyone know of any projects that sound alike?

Oh and to add to it, feel free to post up projects that sound similar. For example : Ascension and Svartidaudi, Hakuja & Funeral Elegy, Cradle of Filth (vox) & Avsotulized (vox) etc.

Been dying to hear something similar to Cosmic for quite sometime but I've never found anything more "outer space" sounding than this. lol

Lets see where this thread goes.
Black Mass Ritual
banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkspace is pretty "spacey"
Luxixul Sumering

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark space? Hmm haven't heard this yet, i'll check that out, hopefully sounds alike. Thanks mate.
Luxixul Sumering

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, not even 2 minutes into the track and I got drawn in. Definitely a good project worthy of hearing, hells, I like these guys already! Not everyday you find a band that sounds "spacey" lol
Luxixul Sumering

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, not even 2 minutes into the track and I got drawn in. Definitely a good project worthy of hearing, hells, I like these guys already! Not everyday you find a band that sounds "spacey" lol
Luxixul Sumering

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caligulasremains
banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try Ionosphere, _Algol_ , and Inade (especially "The Incarnation Of The Solar Architects" lp)
Luxixul Sumering

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate. I'll check this out too, and sorry for the multiple post, stupid fucking internet, when I click "submit" it freezes, then I click on it multiple times, then it finally shows up like 4-5 times. Anyway I tried deleting the comments but it wouldn't let me.

I'll check these guys out, also check out Assymetry that's Luxixul Sumering's/ side project
DSS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmic Church? I can't pin-point their sound but I know that I wouldn't be able to name them if someone played a random track and asked me to guess the band. But for some reason the debut album of Algaion pops into my head when I hear some of their stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izpIq7OYwnA
Luxixul Sumering

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, no fucking way, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for, sounds so fucking PERFECT. Just what I needed. thanks so much mate. Hahaha!!! The only thing I could get near Cosmic Church is hmm maybe Gheestenland, Noenum, Seigneur Voland in a sense that their both a bit 'melodic' yet raw n primitive at the same time, idk sometimes it varies.

Anyway thanks a lot, that Algaion is some killer material!
Luxixul Sumering

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know most people hate the word "melodic" but I can't quite describe the sound when all I hear are "catchy" beats and rhythms.
nonoise

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luxixul's other projects, Aura Saturnal and Asymmetry are worth checking out. Other Finnish acts like Vitsaus, Forgjord and Perisynti share some similarities as well.

edit: didn't notice your username, I guess you've probably heard those first two.
Luxixul Sumering

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah his other projects don't sound nothing like CC. Anyway thanks for the shares of projects. This is some killer material!! Specially that Algaion, I know im gonna be hooked on this shit now, it was an instant like ahha!

As for Aura Saturnal. I heard the demo "streams of hidden light" and it just didn't give that "instant hook effecto" -- I was like woah this guy Lux can vary his styles, you wouldn't even know it's the same guy playing in both projects since they both sound completely different.
DSS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The debut LP by Algaion was getting constant spins back in the day. This is one album that I never got tired of. However I could not get into their other albums for some reason. That 'sound' was gone.

If you're crazy about Algaion then I think you should give a listen to The Abyss debut album as well. Guys from Hypocrisy giving Black Metal a try. I didn't like their second LP but the first one was getting some heavy rotation as well. Here's my fave track from the album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjIKUipVgCY

And maybe it's obvious but Arckanum deserves a mention here as well especially the first 3 albums.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: