P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Perpetual Conversion (Dan Lilker book)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kärakiiker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject: Perpetual Conversion (Dan Lilker book) Reply with quote

Perpetual Conversion (Dan Lilker book) - has anybody actually received the book?? It turns out that that Handshake Inc is unreliable. Has anybody seen this sold any other places than this:

http://handshakeinc.bandcamp.com/album/perpetual-conversion-dan-lilker-book-and-dans-fave-tracks
grish

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I was going to order 2 copies of the book on my next pay day. Please let me know what happens.
nocoastnohope

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the author Dave Hofer is a good friend of mine. i have seen the book in other places and as far as i know there hasn't been issues with it.
AngelBlake

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi Folks,

I am writing you with an update on your recent – or not so recent – order of a book, cd, vinyl or dvd.

First off, for those of you who have not lost patience with me yet, thank you, and for those of you who have lost patience, I totally understand and it’s a very justified response.

I have not been communicating as often as I should have been lately regarding your order, and a lot of that has to do with the fact that I did not have much to communicate, and I didn’t want to just keep sending an email saying ‘soon…soon.’

About three months ago, a bunch of insane stuff started to go down all at the same time, both in my personal life, and professional life.

I wont bore you with all the details, but I will give you some: my wife was in a serious car accident, my oldest daughter became the victim of vicious bullying at school, my youngest daughter got bit by raccoon and had to undergo a series of rabies shots, the Canadian dollar tanked big time, and all of this weirdness piling up caused me to have a serious mental health relapse – I suffer from bipolar disorder, and while I am mostly very healthy and functioning with it, I made the mistake of going off my meds and spiraled into a self destructive pattern that almost cost me my marriage, family and my life.

Why am I telling you all this? Well, as you may or may not know, I run Handshake Inc., by myself…I am Handshake Inc., - so as I, and things, got crazier, I fell behind on orders, I got behind on emails, I got behind on everything. (I do also want to add that the post office has become increasingly unreliable as there are at least ten books that I personally mailed that never arrived.)

I’m happy to say that I am now back on track, I’m almost functionaing at full capacity, and have processed all orders, and all the books, cds, vinyls, posters, cassettes and dvds that you have ordered will begin to hit the mail on Monday.

Some of you will no doubt not take much comfort in this statement, some of you I know have lost faith in Handshake altogether and if there is anyone who wants a refund, just write me and I will process it. I know I have ruined many customer relationships forever, and all I can do is apologize and offer to make it right.

As soon as I start getting tracking and shipping info I will email you all personally with that info.

I apologize for the long, personal email. Some of you will no doubt react with disdain, and I fully accept and welcome that. It seems like every time I launch a new product I am besieged by some anomaly that delays people getting merch they have paid for. Such is life I guess…it is never my intention to rip anyone off and I try to do my best to ensure people get the items they so graciously order.

As always, you can write me at info@handshakeinc.com, call me at 226 984 7262. I might take a day or two to respond but I will respond, I promise.

Thanks for you understanding, and thanks for your support. Again, I will be in touch next week with shipping info.

Sincerely,

Dave Hall.

This was sent 2 weeks ago. Never got any shipping info, no response to refund requests. Check the Handshake Facebook. There are more people complaining about orders. Some of them have been waiting for a year now. AVOID.
kärakiiker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nocoastnohope wrote:
i have seen the book in other places and as far as i know there hasn't been issues with it.

Where else have seen it been sold?
I'm sure there is no issue with the book itself, seems more likely that Handshake Inc is the issue here. I don't think that i will also get my refund from Handshake, but still want to read it, so if anyone knows where else it is available, then please tell!
I also got that same reply from Dave Hall and also on reply when asking him about the shipping date. Monkey business.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was literally about to order this book directly from Handshake this weekend. If anyone else knows where it is available in the USA, please post.
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered it direct when it was first released and received it no problem. Sorry to see you guys having difficulty.
sinister_shawn2001

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered Extremity Retained: Notes from the Death Metal Underground from Handshake and had no problems, but for some reason they did have a problem distributing and they sent me two. They told me to give my extra copy to a friend or to the library.
Subcide

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having trouble ordering it because my Paypal account hates me. I am getting it though.

I'm really keen to get it as I know that Dan has mentioned me personally in there when he gets up to the 1998 NZ brutal truth tour which I organised.

Quite an honour to be mentioned in someones auto biography Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: