P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Strange statement on Discogs - PROFANATICA related
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:16 am    Post subject: Strange statement on Discogs - PROFANATICA related Reply with quote

It looks like someone wanted the money to record the album, or at least from the rent the studio time to the producer, but pussifies when his name appears in public :

http://www.discogs.com/history?release=2877538#latest
Steken

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Strange statement on Discogs - PROFANATICA related Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
It looks like someone wanted the money to record the album, or at least from the rent the studio time to the producer, but pussifies when his name appears in public :

http://www.discogs.com/history?release=2877538#latest

What's strange about it?
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't uncommon though. Sound Engineering is a job, you don't pick who you work with, you take the work that comes through the door so as to pay your bills. I've known people who have recorded skinhead/NS bands and asked not to be credited for it so as not to upset their more sensitive customers. Get over it.
Steken

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. Complete non-issue.
ApparitionOfferings

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The person behind the studio was doing his job, end of story. He has all the right to NOT want his name on the web for studio time a band paid for... The fact that his name is not credited on the album should be enough for one to realize and respect the man's request for his name not to be available to the public.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApparitionOfferings wrote:
The fact that his name is not credited on the album should be enough for one to realize and respect the man's request for his name not to be available to the public.

But the thing is that he IS credited in the booklet.
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This... So Discogs has to remove the booklet scans either ?
blewcheer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why they don't just remove it. The guy is afraid some obscure (in his world) release is going to hurt his business, or personal life, when he had nothing to do with it. The fact that Discogs is run by autistics is really annoying.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Such beautiful drama.

Black Metal bands should start thanking and crediting all manner of names in their releases now, so that the power of the evil Google links it all together in the mass evil of the cult! ...of discogs.

Satanizing the web byte by byte!
blewcheer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Such beautiful drama.

Black Metal bands should start thanking and crediting all manner of names in their releases now, so that the power of the evil Google links it all together in the mass evil of the cult! ...of discogs.

Satanizing the web byte by byte!

"Faggot-hating Wardrums of Antichrist Supremacy by Carol Smith of Wichita Falls, TX"
blewcheer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY SHIT
Carol.Smith@co.wichita.tx.us
http://www.co.wichita.tx.us/court-at-law/ccl2.html

Carol, if you are reading this- fuckin sorry, girl. You probably hate homosexuals because you're from Texas, but I sincerely doubt you know how to play the drums (let alone with Antichrist Supremacy) and I bet you are a nice Christian lady.

I also would like to clarify to Carol Smith's descendants (who are currently reading this as part of a geneology project 300 years from now) that this was a joke and I totally made up a random name and picked a random city. I'm sure she was a fine, faggot-hating court stenographer.
Grief

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess there is maybe a point with some underground bands where the engineer/producer/studio might be able to claim they didn't know what the lyrucs, track titles or band politics were.

One of the curious truisms is that alot and maybe most successful music is made by folk who have extreme views or dubious morals in the views of many. If you f/ex disregarded those who promote homosexuality you exclude a lot of pop music; misogyny, gangs, drugs & guns and there goes rap; promiscuous sex and drugs the goes rock/metal.

TL:DR I you want to avoid being associated with dubious morality then maybe the music industry is not for you.

http://www.discogs.com/seller/Grief_Foundation
blewcheer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grief wrote:
I guess there is maybe a point with some underground bands where the engineer/producer/studio might be able to claim they didn't know what the lyrucs, track titles or band politics were.

One of the curious truisms is that alot and maybe most successful music is made by folk who have extreme views or dubious morals in the views of many. If you f/ex disregarded those who promote homosexuality you exclude a lot of pop music; misogyny, gangs, drugs & guns and there goes rap; promiscuous sex and drugs the goes rock/metal.

TL:DR I you want to avoid being associated with dubious morality then maybe the music industry is not for you.

Those are fantastic points actually. Although I think the blasphemous and antichristian thing is maybe something else, "heightened" extremity to the average person. Depending on who the guy is, and what sort of business he's running (who uses his studio most frequently), that could be detrimental. A lot of that is conjecture, though.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those of us, from this forum must be like professionals or something. We have all been able to immediately tell if a band sucks or not simply from either an album cover or their hair cuts... what the fuck is wrong with these studio engineers?
Can they not decipher what the music is about based on hair cuts or the t-shirts the recording artists themselves would probably be wearing into the studio, and know from that if it somehow treads upon their delicate emotions etc etc

Fuck it. No sympathy for someone's name ending up thanked or credited and then they get embarrassed later by it. Too bad.
Look at the haircuts fuckers! That's my advice.
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

Fuck it. Too bad.
Look at the haircuts fuckers! That's my advice.

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: