P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

ETERNAL CHAMPION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morbidrites wrote:

We have a local promoter here who does shows and your band gets x% of the tickets you sell as payment for the show. It's a really great system that encourages your band to still try to hustle tickets without being a douchebag.

Sounds like some b.s. to me. It's the promoters job to sell tickets and you know, promote the show, not the bands.

Last edited by blodhemn9 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Ough

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
morbidrites wrote:

We have a local promoter here who does shows and your band gets x% of the tickets you sell as payment for the show. It's a really great system that encourages your band to still try to hustle tickets without being a douchebag.

Sounds like some b.s. to me. It's the promoters job to sell tickets and you know, promote the show, not the bands. What you're describing is pay to play by a different name.

Yeah I actually think that Come and Take It Guy employs this method as well, just as shitty IMO. Who the fuck am I going to sell tickets to? Definitely not going to be the herb that hits up my FRIENDS asking them to buy tickets from me, oof.

http://nghtrhthms.com
keymaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morbidrites wrote:
Promoters that do P2P shit is DUMB. It kills your scene so quick and makes it so you see the same goddamn bands all the time.

Just had to go back and review what CATI guy said to us that rubbed us wrong, but it was that we had to sell 25 tickets ahead of the show as a requirement to open a show? That's weird to me.

I guess it would be different if there was some arrangement of payment in there, but the way I see it with selling tickets as a requirement to open...it is already enough hard work enough being in a band. Hours of practice, loading, unloading, playing, loading, unloading is our end of the deal (usually for free too); selling tickets is the promoter's job IMHO.
keymaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey back on topic though....that EC/Sumerlands show ruled. Rizk is a top tier shredder. Tarpey sounded great. wish the second guitarist had way more volume coming off the stage, but otherwise bad ass show.
morbidrites

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keymaster wrote:
morbidrites wrote:
Promoters that do P2P shit is DUMB. It kills your scene so quick and makes it so you see the same goddamn bands all the time.

Just had to go back and review what CATI guy said to us that rubbed us wrong, but it was that we had to sell 25 tickets ahead of the show as a requirement to open a show? That's weird to me.

I guess it would be different if there was some arrangement of payment in there, but the way I see it with selling tickets as a requirement to open...it is already enough hard work enough being in a band. Hours of practice, loading, unloading, playing, loading, unloading is our end of the deal (usually for free too); selling tickets is the promoter's job IMHO.

Yeah, this is like a real no pressure thing. I've played shows where we've sold 0 tickets and it was no big deal. I don't pester friends about it or anything. Just like "Hey if you guys wanna get a ticket from me do it" sort of thing.

But back on topic, I drove to the Dallas date of these shows and it was unreal man. For Sumerlands, Both guitarists pulled off spot on solos and Phil had a GREAT stage presence. One of my favorite bands I've seen recently. I really enjoyed the EC set as well.
blkdth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morbidrites wrote:

Come and take it productions.

P2P is some dumb bullshit. Grizzly Hall sucks real bad, too. I avoid it at all costs.
Ough

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New tape featuring two covers and a patch:

https://eternalchampion.bandcamp.com/album/parallel-of-death

http://nghtrhthms.com
speedevilucifer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck ,I missed it....

Please make a reprint Very Happy
Huldrelok

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did that sell out in less than a day? At least this band is worthy of such hype
chunks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kewl band but honestly surprised people want to listen to cover songs more than once, let alone own a copy of a tape with just covers on it.
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chunks wrote:
Kewl band but honestly surprised people want to listen to cover songs more than once, let alone own a copy of a tape with just covers on it.

Probably more about the free patch.
VonJunzt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody annoying, to be honest. Sold out, high postage to Europe, and so on. Apparently they also only took a very limited amount of shirts to the K.I.T. this year, sold out in minutes.
Secede!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just got posted for those of you who missed the first round:
Quote:

If you missed the Parallel of Death pre-order yesterday and want another chance to get one we will put up our last few copies ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 16th AT NOON CENTRAL/TEXAS TIME. They will be at our bandcamp merch page for order, these will be the last available copies from us so don't miss out.

Metalstrom Recordings will have a small handful of copies available when the tape is released so if you are still in need when the time comes then make sure to like Metalstrom's page and watch for updates.

excruciation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Eternal Champion Exclusive Show Reply with quote

Eternal Champion and Sumerlands will be playing an exclusive Los Angeles show in February. Tickets are selling FAST, so grab one here:

https://residentdtla.ticketfly.com/event/1626090-eternal-champion-los-angeles/

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: