P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Ash Pool
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to his shop in NY while visiting there a few years ago. All I remember was he was trying to do some fancy spiral design with a piece of rope the whole time and hardly seemed to care there was anyone in his shop, haha. He had a huge stack of Bone Awl Bowing Heads tape when they were going for $30 - 40 average online and seemed to be hard to find, picked up one of those and an Ash Pool LP but neither of them stood up musically for me at all. Different strokes of course...
holy ghost

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lesions wrote:
holy ghost wrote:
Nice gold plated towel rack and matching shower curtain rod you fucking piece of shit.....

why would a hotel not match?
dork.

Is that you? I thought we were making fun of guys that wore suits.....
gasskammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prurient is P.E gold, great shit. Never managed to like this band though, i really wanted to after their first 7", that was a good one. Great guy too, was "tourist guide" for him with other noiselocals when Prurient/Gifonni tour was here several years ago.
Speerhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:
kush_dad wrote:
Speerhead wrote:
Never really clicked with me.

On a related note, I saw Prurient a few years ago and he was joined by some other musicians at the end of his set where they did a fucking amazng noise/black metal thing...never been able to find out what that was all about, or if it was ever released in some form. It definitely wasn't Ash Pool.

maybe Vegas Martyrs? was Fernow playing guitar?

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. Listening to a few VM tracks now, and it definitely sounds like the kind of stuff they did. But if I remember correctly, Fernow stayed on electronics and vocals, and there was a female guitarist and male drummer - which doesn't match the VM lineup.

would appreciate any info if anyone knows what this might have been.

fuck all the hipster insecurity around here.
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The band is fucking great. Why does it matter what they look like or who goes to their local shows? This years split with Akitsa is probably my favourite material, but both albums are high-quality as well.
kush_dad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:
Speerhead wrote:
kush_dad wrote:
Speerhead wrote:

On a related note, I saw Prurient a few years ago and he was joined by some other musicians at the end of his set where they did a fucking amazng noise/black metal thing...never been able to find out what that was all about, or if it was ever released in some form. It definitely wasn't Ash Pool.

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. Listening to a few VM tracks now, and it definitely sounds like the kind of stuff they did. But if I remember correctly, Fernow stayed on electronics and vocals, and there was a female guitarist and male drummer - which doesn't match the VM lineup.

My other best guess is Football Rabbit http://www.discogs.com/artist/Football+Rabbit seems to match up that line up your talking about. Then again the one song on youtube seems like it wouldn't be the thing ya'll saw live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78osh3DGqHI Maybe it was just a one time live thing.
DIVERGENTSERIES

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash Pool are like a raw version of Deafheaven mixed with Wolfs In The Throne Room...I definitely like them and will procure their disks as needed.

After such a loud shitting in own pants it would be wise to disappear forever.

"Bez práce nejsou koláče."
advancerlift

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kush_dad wrote:
Speerhead wrote:
Speerhead wrote:
kush_dad wrote:
Speerhead wrote:

My other best guess is Football Rabbit http://www.discogs.com/artist/Football+Rabbit seems to match up that line up your talking about. Then again the one song on youtube seems like it wouldn't be the thing ya'll saw live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78osh3DGqHI Maybe it was just a one time live thing.

Football Rabbit's lineup played on Ash Pool's First Taste of Power.

Though female guitarist (bassist?) and male drummer sounds like FR/AP, Fernow on electronics seems to suggest that you saw the Cold Cave/Prurient live collaboration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: