P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Temnozor news anyone?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skeletor666

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Temnozor news anyone? Reply with quote

anyone know whats the story with these guys?.

seems the original members are active again now as temnozor so there
are two different line ups of the same band as far as i can make out .

anyone have any definite information?
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Temnozor news anyone? Reply with quote

skeletor666 wrote:
anyone know whats the story with these guys?.

seems the original members are active again now as temnozor so there
are two different line ups of the same band as far as i can make out .

anyone have any definite information?

Remember hearing a story how Temnozor was different band back then and Stellar Winter Records hijacked it and made what it is today.
Speerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this on the MA page for the 'other' Temnozor:

Темнозорь (Temnozor') was formed in 1997 in Obninsk, Kaluga region, by Wuulko (guitars, keyboards, music), Tuur (vocals, lyrics), and Leshiy (drums, music). In 1998, with the help of Kudiyar (session bass) and P. Noir (session clean vocals and flute), they recorded an album "Ведовством крепка чёрная слава Руси", which was released on tape by Stellar Winter Records. In 1997, they've also recorded an untitled demo, which included rough versions of the songs "Масленица", "Дид-Дуб-Сноп", and "Прославление павших", but this demo wasn't officially released.

As of 2001, the band's founders had left the scene altogether, and Темнозорь in its original form seized to exist. Meanwhile, P. Noir (who was a session member on the first album) and Gorruth (lyrics author and the owner of Stellar Winter Records who later claimed to be the band's true founder, although he was not credited on the first album) have gathered the new musicians in Moscow and proclaimed themselves the continuators of the original Темнозорь.

However, in 2013 Wuulko and Leshiy decided to reanimate their original band, and digitally released the remastered version of "Ведовством крепка чёрная слава Руси".

Considering all this, Gorruth's Темнозорь is now treated as a separate band.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/%D0%A2%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%8C/3540372786
CDCFR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those notes on MA more or less describe the situation. Gorruth has gathered the new lineup after the original members left (the practice well-known in Russian pop scene). That he had no relation to the band on the first album besides releasing it on his label can be seen from this pic:

Now, in 2013 the two members from the old lineup suddenly decided to reanimate the band and released remastered version of the first album on Bandcamp:
http://temnozor.bandcamp.com/
They state that they have gathered the new musicians for rehearsals and recording of the new material. It should be added that during all those years they were completely out of the scene and that Wuulko guy has been active as a DJ:
astralvesl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like someone's jealous or money grubbin' to me. I enjoy the modern day reincarnation of Temnozor regardless of how it came to be. Would love some new material or vinyl pressings.
Weisthor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:
Sounds like someone's jealous or money grubbin' to me. I enjoy the modern day reincarnation of Temnozor regardless of how it came to be. Would love some new material or vinyl pressings.

+1
Tireheb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Those guys left the band long time ago and can't stand the status that Temnozor later reached into. The demo which features these original members is really far away from their best material anyways.
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Greuel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they should release "Horizons" on vinyl ... don't care which temnozor

JUST

DO

IT!!!!!

NOOOW!!!

Laughing
skeletor666

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greuel wrote:
they should release "Horizons" on vinyl ... don't care which temnozor

JUST

DO

IT!!!!!

NOOOW!!!

Laughing
im surprised that there is no temnozor vinyl at all of any release .box set would be a good idea i think
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CD and cassette are obviously the main formats in Russia and eastern europe. Ain't that suprising.
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
skeletor666

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
CD and cassette are obviously the main formats in Russia and eastern europe. Ain't that suprising.
plenty of people outside russia like the band too.

box set it is then Wink
criminal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that problem with Gorruth's Temnozor is that guy who wrote all the music for all of their records (excluding "Sorcery..." demo which was composed and recorded by first line-up from Obninsk) and Walknut's only full-length album left them for good. So today there is no composer in Gorruth's project.
It's only rumors, however, considering the total silence in the camp of Gorruth, it can be true.
Vapula

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:

A few years ago when they released the DVD I tried to order it directly from the band and they wanted 50euro + postage for it so I just downloaded the DVD. I also asked them at the time were the albums going to be released on vinyl they said they had a few things to sort out but hoped they would be out by the end of the year but that was 3 or 4 years ago.
Fullmoon91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both eras are good.
thus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

criminal wrote:
I've heard that problem with Gorruth's Temnozor is that guy who wrote all the music for all of their records (excluding "Sorcery..." demo which was composed and recorded by first line-up from Obninsk) and Walknut's only full-length album left them for good. So today there is no composer in Gorruth's project.
It's only rumors, however, considering the total silence in the camp of Gorruth, it can be true.

Not to mention the composer of BBH material since 2003, for better or worse.

Are you saying that he left Walknut too? That's odd considering that he did everything in that band except lyrics and interview. Band could exist without Gorruth for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: