P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Samael Ceremony Of Opposites Lp question?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ecstatic_Horror

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Samael Ceremony Of Opposites Lp question? Reply with quote

Floga released a version and so did Century Media. Any difference in sound between the two?
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about sound quality, but the Century Media version has that ugly fucking "from the vault" border around the awesome cover art. The Floga version has full art without the border. I have it and it's sounds great considering this was never the best sounding album to begin with. I'd definitely get the Floga one if you can still find it.
Captain Retard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Not sure about sound quality, but the Century Media version has that ugly fucking "from the vault" border around the awesome cover art. The Floga version has full art without the border. I have it and it's sounds great considering this was never the best sounding album to begin with. I'd definitely get the Floga one if you can still find it.

Yes, for this reason i got the Flogs version (clear vinyl) and I'm fine with that! Same with Blood Ritual!
throneofmight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Retard wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:

Yes, for this reason i got the Flogs version (clear vinyl) and I'm fine with that! Same with Blood Ritual!

I got those FLOGA reissues offered once, I could not stand the font they used in the artwork (specially in blood...) they should have used the original font.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captain Retard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="throneofmight"

I got those FLOGA reissues offered once, I could not stand the font they used in the artwork (specially in blood...) they should have used the original font.[/quote]

Yes, makes sense. BUT I can't stand buying too many re-releases by Century Media. Don't ask me why, we maybe would start a NK7type discussion -LOL-

Last edited by Captain Retard on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
TheHammy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:

This. Floga also has a cool poster, fuck the CM vault crap.
Ecstatic_Horror

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to find the Floga version in the States.

That's why I was going to snag the CM version.

After these suggestions though, I'm not sure.
caligulasremains

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just go with CM. it doesn't matter. i'm going to get that and the blood ritual cm whenever hhr restocks it.

if you're really uptight about the artwork, there's a copy of the floga edition being sold by an american on discogs for $24 with make an offer. maybe he'll sell it to you for $22. http://www.discogs.com/marketplace?release_id=3334433&ev=rb
he also has floga blood ritual for sale, same price.

for me, it's not worth paying twice the amount just to get a slightly larger cover artwork. the cm vaults aren't remastered as far as i know. and even the first press century media version of blood ritual had a border around the front cover...
s.charlach

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caligulasremains wrote:
i'm going to get [...] the blood ritual cm whenever hhr restocks it. [...] for me, it's not worth paying twice the amount just to get a slightly larger cover artwork. and even the first press century media versionof blood ritual had a border around the front cover...

The real problem with both the Floga Records as well as Century Media's Vault Series reissues of "Blood Ritual" is not about some stupid-looking border but the use of this overly photoshopped revised cover art that thoroughly deprives the great detail, depth and luminosity of Hermann's original drawing. That being said it's not a question of paying "twice the amount just to get a slightly larger cover artwork" rather than digging a bit deeper in one's pocket to get an original copy of "Blood Ritual" in all its sinister glory. Both reissues are nothing but atrocious, that's what they are.
Weltbrand

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Agreed.
caligulasremains

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye i wasn't aware of that! sounds like the back on black reissues... after comparing the original like an everflowing stream to the back on black reissue cover is giving me an idea what you mean..
N.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the CM versions of Blood Ritual and Ceremony of Opposites, and at least the sound quality is great to my ears, so no problem there. The "From the vault" thing is a bit annoying, but otherwise no complaints.

- E. M. Cioran
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with finding an original lp pressing of"Blood Ritual" for under $100. And good luck finding an original period, I never see one on Ebay!

I too am waiting for HHB to re-stock "Ceremony" on lp.
Cent Media's shipping prices BLOW. They do not offer Media Mail.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:
caligulasremains wrote:
i'm going to get [...] the blood ritual cm whenever hhr restocks it. [...] for me, it's not worth paying twice the amount just to get a slightly larger cover artwork. and even the first press century media versionof blood ritual had a border around the front cover...

The real problem with both the Floga Records as well as Century Media's Vault Series reissues of "Blood Ritual" is not about some stupid-looking border but the use of this overly photoshopped revised cover art that thoroughly deprives the great detail, depth and luminosity of Hermann's original drawing. That being said it's not a question of paying "twice the amount just to get a slightly larger cover artwork" rather than digging a bit deeper in one's pocket to get an original copy of "Blood Ritual" in all its sinister glory. Both reissues are nothing but atrocious, that's what they are.

You're dead right as always, Steffen. I had the Floga versions of Blood Ritual and Ceremonies for about a week and ditched them. The art simply looks like shit. The digital effect is almost as obnoxious as a certain few Necromantia reissues.
N.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
s.charlach wrote:
caligulasremains wrote:

You're dead right as always, Steffen. I had the Floga versions of Blood Ritual and Ceremonies for about a week and ditched them. The art simply looks like shit. The digital effect is almost as obnoxious as a certain few Necromantia reissues.

The covers of the Necromantia reissues are bullshit, but are you guys really so hung up on the covers? With Samael reissues, I didn't even notice much of a difference in cover art, as I was more focused on the music. Should we shell out the big bucks just for a better cover? I had a Venom - At War With Satan original lp, and the whole cover was ripped to crap due to water spills, but I still spun it hehe.

- E. M. Cioran
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: