P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Dave Brockie of GWAR Found Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haterofhumans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When comes the GWAR BM tribute album ?

Seriously this band was shit - who cares?

At least no one is moaning About Such talent lost ..talent and gwar shouldn't be in same sentence , lever . roll:
Holocaust

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haterofhumans wrote:

At least no one is moaning About Such talent lost ..talent and gwar shouldn't be in same sentence , lever . roll:

So KVLT and RAW BM ov U.

Beavis and Butthead like them, why can't you?

c.cole

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haterofhumans wrote:

Ok black metal keyboard warrior

Seen them like 10 or so times always had a blast.
Mortado

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While GWAR's albums aren't so great (with the exception of Scumdogs) they always delivered live. I've seen GWAR 6 times, DBX once and X-Cops once. GWAR and X-Cops were some of the best live shows I have ever seen. It's a little sad that I will not be able to see them again but at least I have memories.

I can't see them going on without Brockie, his voice was an integral part of the tunes and the shows wouldn't be the same without his satirical vision of the world.
ChrisWitchhammer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortado wrote:
While GWAR's albums aren't so great (with the exception of Scumdogs) they always delivered live. I've seen GWAR 6 times, DBX once and X-Cops once. GWAR and X-Cops were some of the best live shows I have ever seen. It's a little sad that I will not be able to see them again but at least I have memories.

I can't see them going on without Brockie, his voice was an integral part of the tunes and the shows wouldn't be the same without his satirical vision of the world.

America Must Be Destroyed is a good album too!

https://www.facebook.com/HexenHammerArt
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwar's first few albums are great. Fond memories of sitting around smoking bunk ass weed listening to Primus and Green Jelly!

Sad loss indeed.
captainretardo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most GWAR albums are good. It's true that they don't stack up to the band's live performance, but that has more to do with the extravagance of their shows than weak material, imo.

I like all the albums before Carnival of Chaos (Hell-o!/Scumdogs/AMBD/This Toilet Earth/Ragnarok). I think CoC sucks ass, and think the same of the next album, We Kill Everything. I stopped paying attention to GWAR then, and it was a few years before I heard its follow-up, Violence has Arrived. VhA is quite good though; I remember being very surprised when I heard it, given how much I hated the previous two. The next album, War Party, is also pretty solid. Live from Mt. Fuji is a fun occasional listen too if you know the songs on it. I don't know their last 3 or 4 releases very well (I've only heard Bloody Pit of Horror a few times and never heard the others), but my memory says BPoH was OK too.
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve never heard the band before, but I checked it out now and it was complete and utter shit. Yes, I listened to songs from their first albums. Something tells me that this forum will have a similar thread in ten years when the frontman of Slipknot/Korn/whatever dies and sends all the people who got into metal from those bands into a nostalgia frenzy.
captainretardo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
the wizard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl
Angelcynn Lycanthrope

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zris wrote:
i always wanted to see these guys, but never made the effort.....they seemed so prominent that i didn't think it was a big deal and i'd just catch them one day.

i'm an idiot apparently.

Made the exact same mistake myself. The bizarre thing is I received the CD/DVD package of America Must Be Destroyed the day after he died and decided then I'd have to see them live on their next tour, then I looked them up online to see if any other albums were viven the bonus DVD rerelease and read the news that he'd died.
ARGH

NOBODY KNOWS IM A WEREWOLF
Chuck W.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this thing worked out where every time they came through my town I would do stage hand work for the load in, then hang around the venue with the band and props, see the show, then not work the load out and get paid at the end of the night. I did this about 5 or 6 times and have to say I really liked Dave Brockie, he could come hang out in the front of house with us and talk about the old days with Rich Kids on LSD and seeing all these legendary punk/HC bands back in the day (because we nerded out on that shit and hounded him) during the opening acts. That was a fucking hard working band and I just liked the ever living fucking shit out of them. I like their first 3 albums and think they are comedy/metal classics with a little punkish edge. I don't think they'd do anything musically great but that Dave Brockie was a hell of a guy. Look for interview bits where he gives book recommendations and his travels were based solely on his intense interest in history. A pretty fucking intense guy, I am sad I will never see him again.

I'm selling a shitload of records and CDs from my collection http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44647
Apostle of Plague

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best thing they ever did for music was bring Buzzov•en out on tour.
Slaughter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally shocked about the news, as Im a huge comedy/metal fan and he was a pioneer of this bunk ass cult. Rip totally shocked as i only saw them for 33 times the man was a legend and it seems like whole america is devastated . ! Bölzer is so overrated gwar bunks ass

Ric
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like the music and I saw them once back in the late 90's with my girlfriend at the time and couldn't wait to get the fuck out of there. You spray shit all over the place and decapitate rubber monsters. I get it.

That said, for some reason I've read a ton of interviews with Brockie and he seemed like a very smart, genuine dude and he made me laugh quite a bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: