P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bands that are banned from playing in certain countries.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speerhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runningwild wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
Warcrust wrote:
Old Banyan Tree wrote:
Inquisition banned in Singapore.

Why?

http://www.bravewords.com/news/193497

INQUISITION "Banned" From Performing At Singapore's True Metal Invasion Festival

Posted on Friday, November 09, 2012 at 17:29:10 EST

Seattle-based black metal powerhouse INQUISITION have issued the following update:

"Government Media Authorities of Singapore have banned Inquisition from their public appearance at True Metal Invasion Festival that was due on November 29th. Essentially Inquisition is banned from Singapore and according to the government, it is due to the band's themes. We apologize to fans in Asia, this is beyond our control. Inquisition performs classic unholy black metal of its truest form and will continue as such."

Odd. Regardless, we're laughing at you Singapore.

Yeah really odd. Singapore are big on censorship when it comes to films, but music is given free reign. Bear in mind this is the country that gave us Impiety.
glamhammer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

def leppard are banned here in norway because of the powerhungry priests and politicians are afraid of evil songs like pour some sugar on me will lead to riots and figting and even revolution!
Rósachd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glamhammer wrote:
def leppard are banned here in norway because of the powerhungry priests and politicians are afraid of evil songs like pour some sugar on me will lead to riots and figting and even revolution!

lol no way.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Bands that are banned from playing in certain countries. Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Gorehound wrote:
I know the guys from Blasphemy are not allowed to play in the US.

I think it's more about that they or most of the members are not allowed to enter the US. Not that they "aren't allowed to play".

Correct.
BUT - how do they get to play European countries with no problem but can't play in the USA which is right below them???
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should ask that from the US goverment. Why can't bunch of tattooed Canadian skinheads get into the US and play a show, hahah. Why did Dissection tour without a hassle in Europe and were not allowed to get into US, etc...

Out of the Dungeon label website and distrolist:
https://outofthedungeon.wordpress.com/2018/02/02/distrolist/
DUNGEON001: DER STÜRMER - Hail to Finland CD out now!
DUNGEON002 & DUNGEON003 soon...
Orpheus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Bands that are banned from playing in certain countries. Reply with quote

Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
Gorehound wrote:

I think it's more about that they or most of the members are not allowed to enter the US. Not that they "aren't allowed to play".

Correct.
BUT - how do they get to play European countries with no problem but can't play in the USA which is right below them???

Because then "the terrorists win"
DESTROYER99

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Maybe you should ask that from the US goverment. Why can't bunch of tattooed Canadian skinheads get into the US and play a show, hahah. Why did Dissection tour without a hassle in Europe and were not allowed to get into US, etc...

Criminal restrictions. Beaurocracy is never easy with the powers that be.
www.destrorecords.com
www.facebook.com/Ceremonium
lo6o6o6ol
banned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DESTROYER99 wrote:
Tireheb wrote:

Criminal restrictions. Hypocrisy is never easy with the powers that be.
The Prophet Muhammad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Bands that are banned from playing in certain countries. Reply with quote

Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
Gorehound wrote:

Correct.

That is just the way it works with the US. I know plenty of people with criminal records for smaller infractions who have no problem going to Europe but can't get in to the states. There are even some with no record at all who have simply been refused too many times and have made the border patrol's "shitlist". Stopping all of the Canadian terrorists dead in their tracks.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/us-deny-entry-inadmissibility-reasons-29715.html
DTBRex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Why did Dissection tour without a hassle in Europe and were not allowed to get into US, etc...

That's simple:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement

Citizens of the EU don't need any visa to go to another member state of the Union. You can travel all the way from Sicily up to Finland without ever having to show your passport at the border (unless you look too suspicious, that is). Once inside the EU, bands from, say, USA or Russia could roam from one country to the next and not having to deal with visa issues at all. There is just no such thing as "border controls" anymore, unlike you have it in the paranoid USA where you can't even board a plane, to fly to the States, if the Homeland Security don't give clearance in advance. If you have a criminal record, then you are most likely fucked and can't enter the USA at all. Nödtveidt was convicted of a felony and thus ineligible to enter the USA, even as a tourist.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know... I was more like trying to hint out the actual reasons for the US forum users. There's plenty of other examples like Samoth being denied for entry in 2007 or Watain still having issues with Set to have visa for US tours.

Out of the Dungeon label website and distrolist:
https://outofthedungeon.wordpress.com/2018/02/02/distrolist/
DUNGEON001: DER STÜRMER - Hail to Finland CD out now!
DUNGEON002 & DUNGEON003 soon...
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Grounds of Inadmissibility
Classes of Inadmissibility Waivers Available?
People with communicable diseases like tuberculosis
Yes
People with physical or mental disorders that
may cause harm to themselves or others
Yes
Drug abusers or addicts No
Drug traffickers No
People without proper vaccinations Yes
People with convictions for crimes involving moral turpitude Yes
People who have violated immigration laws Yes
Prostitutes Yes
People with multiple criminal convictions Yes
Spies No
Terrorists No
Nazis No
People likely to become dependent on
need-based government assistance

Love the way they get people obviously under the age of 40 to sign off on not committing war crimes during the 2nd world war. "Oh, Ja, It's just that in my time in the Antartic redoubt and Moon UFO base we figured out age reversal technology. Looking and speaking like a 30-something Australian man is all part of ze plan. You should SEE Goering these days! I'm not going to give the game away, but that Bieber fellow, well...."
passetiermes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading that Bon Jovi would have been banned from playing in Malaysia a long time ago, because;
Quote:
"We don't mean to say that all men with long hair are drug users, but we do know that all drug users have long hair."

Unfortunately I can't seem to find ANY info on this online, so seems like I've been daydreaming, again.
Deicide vs. Great Britain?
Was it a ban, or Glen just getting pissed off, and subsequently refusing to play over there for a while?
Vapula

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
I remember reading that Bon Jovi would have been banned from playing in Malaysia a long time ago, because;
Quote:
"We don't mean to say that all men with long hair are drug users, but we do know that all drug users have long hair."

Laughing

passetiermes wrote:

Deicide vs. Great Britain?
Was it a ban, or Glen just getting pissed off, and subsequently refusing to play over there for a while?

His bass was stolen at a gig by someone in the crowd in the UK when they were touring for the self titled album I don't think he ever got it back so I would say it was him refusing to play over there.
passetiermes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard about that bass-incident. I can imagine him getting angry over that haha.
I was referring to that interview that he was giving on the phone to some British magazine. I don't feel like trying to find the interview now, but I'm sure there are people on this board that remember the story better than I do.
But roughly it went something like this;
Glen Benton is giving a telephone interview to some British mag. All of a sudden he notices that some squirrel (?) is eating electrical wires of his house, so he says to the interviewer something like ' wait a minute, I'll kill that fucking squirrel'. He goes to kill the animal and then comes back to continue the interview.
It's just that the magazine intentionally or unintentionally made it sound like he's killing squirrels for fun. That resulted in some animal protection organizations getting so mad, that a storm big ensued, so big that it prevented them from playing in the UK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: