P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

RECENT VINYL SCORES PART II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1745, 1746, 1747 ... 1923, 1924, 1925  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glwdrk wrote:

Both bootlegs, both awesome, both mint, both cheap!

I've got that "Brown Book" boot, think it sounds like shit personally.

Anyway, ticked a long-time want off the list:

captainretardo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abramelin 5LP box
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glwdrk wrote:
Mr_Belvedere wrote:
wieso host du "home" auf deine brotzn tätowiert?

wäu auf da ondan "stay" steht Smile

Wea zam deifi hod "blaib zhaus" auf de händ tätowiat? Oida Du bist entweder voi graung, oda da wüdaste Hund vo Wean! Laughing Laughing Laughing

@ topic: awaiting Judas Iscariot - Midnight Frost (To Rest with Eternity) and The true frost - ...in Eternal Strife LPs.
beavis666

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakentorso

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkthrone 1st press LP
Bekëth Nexëhmü LP
Defecation black vinyl LP
captainretardo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the repress of Symbolic a few weeks ago when it started popping up everywhere. I had avoided it in the past because I was pretty damned sure it was a 12''-cdr, but the original (my long-time #1 want) is so damned expensive, I decided it to try it. Took about 30 seconds for me to conclude that my original suspicion was correct. I felt like this guy when I played it:

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/I-Dont-Know-What-I-Expected-Reaction-Gif-On-Arrested-Development.gif

So I finally decided fuck it, time to bite the bullet and buy the original. It came in today, and sounds fantastic. I broke my personal record for $$ on an LP by a long shot, but I'm glad I did.

I also got the Vista Chino album today, but haven't listened to it yet. Kyuss sans Homme seems bizarre, but I still have high expectations because I dig just about every band Garcia has been involved in. The addition of Oliveri+Bjork is icing on the cake.
dronevil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainretardo wrote:
I also got the Vista Chino album today, but haven't listened to it yet. Kyuss sans Homme seems bizarre, but I still have high expectations because I dig just about every band Garcia has been involved in. The addition of Oliveri+Bjork is icing on the cake.

Oliveri didn't play on the album.
captainretardo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dronevil wrote:
captainretardo wrote:

Oliveri didn't play on the album.

I still haven't played it, but why do you say that? I kinda forgot about this project during the lawsuit, so I can't say I followed it closely, but I thought M. Dean played bass at many shows, but Oliveri played on the album. He's credited on the album:

-----------------

Actually just googled it; looks like Oliveri played most of the bass on the album, but has more or less been replaced by Dean:

B. Bjork wrote:
So there were no hard feelings there, and Nick was excited to come back and rejoin the group and start dropping tracks on the record. Which he did, and it sounded fantastic, of course. And everything was groovy, and then Nick ran into some more problems with his personal life and he wasn't able to come with us down to Australia. At that point, I pulled Mike Dean in. There were two or three tracks left on the record that Nick didn't get an opportunity to play bass on, so Mike played on one track and I think I played on two or three. That's kind of how it worked out.

http://www.sfweekly.com/2013-09-04/calendar/brant-bjork-of-vista-chino-talks-bassist-troubles-drumming-legends-and-lawsuits/
dronevil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Ah I see, I haven't been following it that closely either and my impression was that he was already gone by the time the album was announced so I assumed that he didn't play.

Saw Kyuss Lives twice while he was still in the band which was fairly cool.
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boards of Canada E.P re-issues arrived yesterday:

Twoism
In a beautiful place out in the country
Trans-canada highway

chuffed!
K-mart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="captainretardo"]I bought the repress of Symbolic a few weeks ago when it started popping up everywhere. I had avoided it in the past because I was pretty damned sure it was a 12''-cdr, but the original (my long-time #1 want) is so damned expensive, I decided it to try it. Took about 30 seconds for me to conclude that my original suspicion was correct. I felt like this guy when I played it:

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/I-Dont-Know-What-I-Expected-Reaction-Gif-On-Arrested-Development.gif

So I finally decided fuck it, time to bite the bullet and buy the original. It came in today, and sounds fantastic. I broke my personal record for $$ on an LP by a long shot, but I'm glad I did.

I'm really surprised to hear you say that the Symbolic reissue sounds bad. I have a copy from 2007 ,and I think it sounds great,I haven't heard the latest press of this....you would think they would use the same master as the 2007,I'll have to give it another listen.
I did see an original press go for $230 yesterday I was all ready to go $175,then it jumped over $200 with like 20 seconds to go.
boca

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, a slight breeze of melancholy and death...

Khaotopia Productions
www.khaotopia.com.hr
captainretardo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-mart wrote:
captainretardo wrote:
I bought the repress of Symbolic a few weeks ago when it started popping up everywhere. I had avoided it in the past because I was pretty damned sure it was a 12''-cdr, but the original (my long-time #1 want) is so damned expensive, I decided it to try it. Took about 30 seconds for me to conclude that my original suspicion was correct. I felt like this guy when I played it:

I'm really surprised to hear you say that the Symbolic reissue sounds bad. I have a copy from 2007 ,and I think it sounds great,I haven't heard the latest press of this....you would think they would use the same master as the 2007,I'll have to give it another listen.
I did see an original press go for $230 yesterday I was all ready to go $175,then it jumped over $200 with like 20 seconds to go.

The Symbolic repress I bought suffers for several reasons: *severe* lack of low-end (extending into the lower midrange), poor dynamic range, what little low-end that's present is very inarticulate (muddy), and has a surprisingly small soundstage. I would rather listen to the cd I have than it. I learned a long time ago that tons of new represses of old albums sound like shit (and share many of the above-named characteristics), and this one fell in line with what I expected. I would bet my bank account that the repress I have is cd-sourced.

Comparing it to the 1995 press, it's a night/day difference. The most striking difference is the massive, tight, low-end--it's simply not there on the repress. The dynamics are also much better, and the soundstage is much more open in terms of height, width, and depth. Obviously, it doesn't sound like a Pink Floyd or Dire Straits LP, but it is very much in line with older metal albums (compares quite favorably, in fact), whereas the repress isn't even close.

I switched from a Grado Gold cart to a Clearaudio Performer Ebony V2 in between acquiring these two presses. After I listened to the '95 press, I listened to the repress on the new cart (listened to the same song back-to-back on both versions a few times), but still have the same conclusion: it's vastly inferior to the '95 press.

I haven't heard the press you have, but also would have expected the repress I have to sound the same as the one you have. With that in mind, I am surprised you're satisfied with it (you run a VPI Scout, right?). Assuming so, and since you're willing to spend $175, I recommend getting the '95 press, even if you have to spend a but more (I paid ~$250 for mine (Embarassed )), but I am very glad I did. I wanted the fucker for years, and finally hearing it is AWESOME.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#fuckyeah
K-mart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have a Scout with a Dynavector cart,I'ts been recommended to me that I look into a different one, that the Dynavector I have is too close to a MM and I'd get better results in doing so.I just don't like the idea of dropping $500-$1000 on a nice MC cart,I'd rather pick up more vinyl.
I may have to get the recent Symbolic just to see how it sounds.
I am going to spin the press I have a pay particular attention to the faults that you mentioned in the newer press.
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1745, 1746, 1747 ... 1923, 1924, 1925  Next
Page 1746 of 1925

Jump to: