P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

RECENT VINYL SCORES PART II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1765, 1766, 1767 ... 1910, 1911, 1912  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That CULTES DES GHOULES LP looks so fucking good!! Can't wait until mine arrives!!
Funestus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
That CULTES DES GHOULES LP looks so fucking good!! Can't wait until mine arrives!!

+1!
vukodlak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently those are not exact the same like the first pressing, so beware if you are buying those on ebay or discogs, cause I'm sure a lot of people were buying multiple copies of this just to sell them later online as the "first original pressings".
This pressing has the "deeper" red on the cover and the booklets are a little bit bigger.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vukodlak wrote:
Apparently those are not exact the same like the first pressing, so beware if you are buying those on ebay or discogs, cause I'm sure a lot of people were buying multiple copies of this just to sell them later online as the "first original pressings".
This pressing has the "deeper" red on the cover and the booklets are a little bit bigger.

I bought the Under the Sign of Gargamel CD pressing bc I was in school and getting married and stopped buying vinyl for like 5 years, I just want it for me... not for resale....
Jorm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen the first press so it's hard for me to say if it's really different from the original. I can post more/better pictures if you want.
vukodlak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
vukodlak wrote:

I bought the Under the Sign of Gargamel CD pressing bc I was in school and getting married and stopped buying vinyl for like 5 years, I just want it for me... not for resale....

I was just letting the peolpe know this. A lot of "original pressings" is gonna pop up online in the next few days. Beware if you are really looking for one.
speedevilucifer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funestus wrote:
holy ghost wrote:

+1!

+2!
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myrkwidr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vukodlak wrote:
holy ghost wrote:
vukodlak wrote:

I was just letting the peolpe know this. A lot of "original pressings" is gonna pop up online in the next few days. Beware if you are really looking for one.

You can also spot a first press version easily by looing at the back. If Fog of the Apocalypse is mentioned on the lower right corner its the first deal.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you hysterical bastards make it really hard to support acts such as CdG. like literally, man. between releases like this and moonblood, I tell ya.... whats sad is none of you listen to all these copies laying around either. does first press look better or sound cooler than second or what????? how about that CD version you have for your car, and also the tape versions in case you are feeling saucy and wanna bust out the walkman on ultra kvlt transit experiences...

on a side note, SHAME on this label for pressing just shy of 500 copies this time as well.

im out!
Cursed Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:

on a side note, SHAME on this label for pressing just shy of 500 copies this time as well.

It was made clear that there'll be more pressings to follow in the future, as long as there's demand for it.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cursed Emperor wrote:
lordoftherim wrote:

It was made clear that there'll be more pressings to follow in the future, as long as there's demand for it.

I think there was PLENTY of demand to the point the label could have easily taken a "financial risk" in simply doing a repress of 1000+ instead (yes I know, the kvltivists HATE seeing those pressings in the 4 digit range. it de-evaluates their collectibles) by even doubling the press, it would have made all the difference here, and maybe the thing would have remained available more than about 72 hours. if the label didn't have that much faith in the release, then it should be handed off to a label that could actually meet the demand (and original label could still make coin off the licensing at that point)

again, this is all pretty unkvlt talk though
Humus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
financial risk" in simply doing a repress of 1000+ instead (yes I know, the kvltivists HATE seeing those pressings in the 4 digit range. it de-evaluates their collectibles) by even doubling the press, it would have made all the difference here, and maybe the thing would have remained available more than about 72 hours.

If they pressed a 1000 copies you'd have someone complaining that they should have pressed 2000 copies because then it would be available for a few weeks. If they pressed 2000 copies you'd have someone complaining the press shouldn't have been limited so it would be available at all time. If they press a few thousand copies you'd have the label complaining they're sitting on boxes of unsold copies.

It's repressed, it's available, just buy it if you want it and don't already own it.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets just see how long a repress takes then I suppose... reading the site, I still find it funny it would be any surprise that demand was higher than expected, unless of course he hasn't been paying any attention to the absurd amount of buzz the band has generated in the last couple years
The_Elite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
lordoftherim wrote:
financial risk" in simply doing a repress of 1000+ instead (yes I know, the kvltivists HATE seeing those pressings in the 4 digit range. it de-evaluates their collectibles) by even doubling the press, it would have made all the difference here, and maybe the thing would have remained available more than about 72 hours.

If they pressed a 1000 copies you'd have someone complaining that they should have pressed 2000 copies because then it would be available for a few weeks. If they pressed 2000 copies you'd have someone complaining the press shouldn't have been limited so it would be available at all time. If they press a few thousand copies you'd have the label complaining they're sitting on boxes of unsold copies.

It's repressed, it's available, just buy it if you want it and don't already own it.

THIS. Plus when it originally came out it was available for a long, long time because no one gave a shit about the band until Hells Headbangers and the yanks jumped on the hype train.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1765, 1766, 1767 ... 1910, 1911, 1912  Next
Page 1766 of 1912

Jump to: