P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Ride For Revenge
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kill Monument

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Ride For Revenge Reply with quote

These guys have been getting some serious playing time round my place in recent times and I've been proclaiming their greatness to anyone who will stand still within earshot for more than five minutes... I think they have such a unique and ritualistic vibe about them. Kinda hard to pinpoint exactly where they stand, but it seems to be somewhere on the threshold of Doom/Black and Death Metal all lumped together in a kind of primitive mongoloid stew. I, for one, can't get enough. I ordered a copy of the split with Bizarre Uproar too so that will be interesting, I think it is a collaboration ala the Bone Awl/Rita split which should add a new level of filth to proceedings. Any other RFR heads out there?

www.facebook.com/malthusianDM
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with the statement of being a great band. Here here !!! Cool
s.charlach

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, along with Christicide one of the very few recent Black hordes able to catch my interest and I'm kinda lacking for feeble words on this band so...

I guess you already know of Sepulchral Aura, don't you? If not make sure to check "Demonstrational CD MMVII".
Shiru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well saw them live... have to admit it was really weird experience, first 10 15 mins was awesome then it was awesome boring... at one hand them are sounds like unspired Beherit copycat(and partly i can agree with it), though at other hand i all time was thinking that it would be enjoyable to listen them at home, maybe after smoking some weed....

So, i am mixed up, but i seriously think that them are not really metal band, even if them are influenced by Beherit
Tireheb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ride For Revenge is excellent. And that Bizarre Uproar collaboration is nice too, the noisy parts are quite disturbing. Very Happy Too bad I couldn't see the collaboration gig.
Kill Monument

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:
Yay, along with Christicide one of the very few recent Black hordes able to catch my interest and I'm kinda lacking for feeble words on this band so...

I guess you already know of Sepulchral Aura, don't you? If not make sure to check "Demonstrational CD MMVII".

Shit yeah, i still have to get that Sepulchral Aura Cd but it is on the shopping list.

Demoniarch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:

Thanks for the mention to this... Sepulchral Aura.
First time I heard of them and I like what I hear.

http://sepulchralaura.blackmetal.fi/sepulchral_aura-01-spartan_hedonism.mp3
Kill Monument

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Shiru wrote:
Well saw them live... have to admit it was really weird experience, first 10 15 mins was awesome then it was awesome boring... at one hand them are sounds like unspired Beherit copycat(and partly i can agree with it), though at other hand i all time was thinking that it would be enjoyable to listen them at home, maybe after smoking some weed....

So, i am mixed up, but i seriously think that them are not really metal band, even if them are influenced by Beherit

I have never seen them live (they may be playing in London soon though so I could rectify that) but I heard their gigs have been hit-and-miss affairs. 'The King of Snakes' is totally hypnotic, bassy, dirty ugliness not too dissimilar to 'Drawing Down the Moon' but with more of a trancey vibe to it.

Shiru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
s.charlach wrote:

Yeah good stuff... hope to get CD one day
Bringer of Terror

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who released the RFR/Bizarre Uproar split?? It's still available?
Caina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have The King of Snakes and love it. Need the other stuff.

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh
Imperative Coronation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Kill Monument wrote:
Shiru wrote:

I have never seen them live (they may be playing in London soon though so I could rectify that) but I heard their gigs have been hit-and-miss affairs. 'The King of Snakes' is totally hypnotic, bassy, dirty ugliness not too dissimilar to 'Drawing Down the Moon' but with more of a trancey vibe to it.

Playing in London? Where did you hear this from? Ride For Revenge are amazing.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiru wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
s.charlach wrote:

Yeah good stuff... hope to get CD one day

I wrote, guess we'll see if an reply comes... cause I'm all for a copy as well.
rauta

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to get a copy of the Sepulchral Aura demo is to order one from directly from the label: http://www.ahdistuksenaihio.com/
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rauta wrote:
The easiest way to get a copy of the Sepulchral Aura demo is to order one from directly from the label: http://www.ahdistuksenaihio.com/

Yea, I waited a few days so I guess the band dudes busy that listed his email via the website.
I will try the label next here soon. Will give a few more days to be reasonable so I do not have to say 'thanks but I ordered elsewhere bla bla bla' Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: