P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

PESTE NOIRE/DIAPSIQUIR split 12'' LP + 2014 interview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cannot access the shop, is it available?
Humus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:
No real problems, but it were the times of writing letters asking for availability, getting confirmations, sending money, and getting replies that half the order was sold out.
It was sometimes a challenge to get what you wanted. EAL was obviously more professional than Sombre, but communication with Marcel had it's charm as well. Ordering some record and getting 3 Maniac Butcher LP's instead of the ordered one that was sold out! Same with trades.
You get the point I guess..

No Colours ad Darkside give me an identical feeling of nostalgia every now and then hahaha!

Ah, I always e-mailed with EAL. Didn't order from the very beginning but from around 2000 or so.
And Marcel ripping me off was years prior to his cancer. As that bastard stole 2 months of my humble student savings you can imagine I wasn't very sad when I heard he died. Karma etc.
Wolfram

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goatanizer wrote:

In a few days will be forever sold out.. too much work for the label owner take care also of the orders. Just send him cash,with closed eyes and maybe after six months he maybe will remember to got your payment..

Yeah well, as much as I appreciate the art and attitude of both PN and Diapsiquir, I wonder why they release it themselves if sending out these actual records is too much of a hassle..
satanicbar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...μάρκετινγκ
voidecay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gravelander wrote:
still waiting for my pack that I've ordered directly from Diapsiquir... anyone got his pack from them yet?
I sent my money a week or so ago. I'm not fretting over it yet... I'll post if I receive it or in a few weeks to complain if I haven't Razz
hevosrunkkari

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish at least one person would get their order so we can listen the shitty mp3 version, I'd be happy with that. Ordering is too much of a hassle for now.
Jorm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was posted today by dead seed prods. Should arrive saturday hopefully, but French postal service, so who knows...
Unmakable

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this fucking album

antihumanism

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LP looks great but innersleeve is rather just paper quality so if you get it shipped in that innersleeve be ready for spine damage. Mr. Toxik sended it outside so came here without any damages. Not really person who puts posters on the walls but this one will find some place in the house.
Soleil Blanc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:
Yeah well, as much as I appreciate the art and attitude of both PN and Diapsiquir, I wonder why they release it themselves if sending out these actual records is too much of a hassle..

That's the problem with the current BM scene: everybody wants to do everything by themselves, but no one is able to perform the full job from A to Z in a professional manner.

Consequences: drum machines, bad productions, shitty cliché'd artworks, weak vocals, failed releases, missing orders, financial speculation on rare items, and so on and so forth...

A little control from a central entity (call it "State" or whatever) could fix all that free-market-induced shit.
Caine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is it so expensive? did i miss something why vinyls seem to be much more expensive than 2-3 years before? 1 vinyl 22 euros wtf?
Soleil Blanc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The law of supply and demand...

Nowadays black metal = pure capitalism

Funniest thing is that many people here would rather spend 22€ for a 4-track vinyl and wait for 2 years instead of getting 4 good albums at the same price in 2 days.

I doubt their motivation is only musical.
Asura

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The aforementioned interview and this message from Famine/LMH Facebook should explain few things:

Quote:
Some people get angry at me through email because they're unhappy at the price Dead Seed charge for the split LP. For the record my wholesale prices haven't gone up since last time so please don't bother me with that. I keep enough retail copies on my side and they will be sold for 17 Euros on LMH's webshop, when it opens again that is. I have the choice between selling them on hand-to-hand wholesale to Dead Seed as a middle ground, or not selling them at all while I'm busy recording. I have no time to pack boxes for labels. So I took the first solution, for those of you in a hurry to buy it. If you think Dead Seed charge too much for them, just wait for my webshop to open again (I don't know when atm) and you'll be able to buy them for 17 euros. So go cry on Dead Seed's shoulder, not on mine.

For those who are pissed at the inaccessibility of LMH's items, I could have sold my soul to another label, that is if they really paid the bands, and devote myself to music full time. But unfortunately from experience they do not. That's one of the downsides of staying independent, but I will remain so. Selling more isn't important for me, the only things that matter for me are: 1) Keeping complete freedom over my work (not being on another label than mine) 2) Making music and not wasting all my time on the business side of things, even if it's essential to keep my independence, but in small amounts. I don't give a shit if the LMH items are difficult to buy, the only thing that matters for me is selling enough of them in order to write and record my music, not becoming a businessman. So in a nutshell, when I have enough money I compose/record; when I no longer have I sell my productions.

Regards, (I won't answer to comments)
Soleil Blanc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm earning my living thanks to my own record label, but I can't manage it properly. If you're not happy, fuck you. The labels who distributed my previous releases in a proper and professional manner are rip-offs.

PS: I have new KPN strings for sale. 50€ each
PPS: the shop is closed until I don't know when"

It's not BUY OR DIE anymore, it's BUY OR WAIT. Or BUY AND WAIT.
Goatanizer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soleil Blanc wrote:
"I'm earning my living thanks to my own record label, but I can't manage it properly. If you're not happy, fuck you. The labels who distributed my previous releases in a proper and professional manner are rip-offs.

PS: I have new KPN strings for sale. 50€ each
PPS: the shop is closed until I don't know when"

It's not BUY OR DIE anymore, it's BUY OR WAIT. Or BUY AND WAIT.

That mentality of shit , now that they got a minimum of fame believe to be demigods. Well Black Metal existed before them , is a band like so many ,there are certainly so much better bands than them. In this case if you care so much of this shit of music download it & make endless clandestine bootlegs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: