P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Zines on the net

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Distinguish to Kill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Zines on the net Reply with quote

Well, as Yosuke put it, only analog is real - but what about online versions of old analog zines? There are some to be found on the Dunkelheit weblog. Any other adresses for zine downloads?
avrlabel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats shitty, xerox and trade a copy of the zine..
same goes with music why to download when we have tape trade....
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....some time ago I download few old zines in pdf or jpg format, but even dont read them, dont like to read on monitor.

And, as a zine editor, I will be really angry if someone scan my zine and put this onto his fucking blog.
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
avrlabel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
And, as a zine editor, I will be really angry if someone scan my zine and put this onto his fucking blog.

Me too.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Tom G. Fischer who refused to let a guy that was wearing a bootleg Hellhammer shirt have an interview with him... C'mon guys, there's a major difference between scanning some killer reviews or interviews from some old fanzine from the 80's/early 90's that's been out of print for almost 2 decades now and scanning a fanzine that was released last year and is still being reprinted. Of corpse it's much nicer to have a xeroxed copy in your hands and I will get angry at the bastard who uploads scans of my fanzine to the internet, but it's just because I still print it upon demand.
Distinguish to Kill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, Werewolf, there is a difference. I prefer reading analog stuff than scanned pages, but if they are hard to get, it is still better than nothing.
As for music download, I am not against it, especially if one lacks contacts to tape traders.
The Krusher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bunch of scanned zines. Might upload some later.
Evil_Invader

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree there is a big difference too. I wish I could read more old school zines.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In years to come I have to admit if I have a 'zine out and in say, 10 or 20 years I probably wouldn't be producing that issue anymore so I wouldn't care if someone scanned them to the net. I wouldn't be losing any money and besides I'd rather someone is able to enjoy it rather than pay some cunt on ebay something stupid like $30 or more for a copy or something. Of course it depends whether my 'zine is ever considered that good, I'm just being hypothetical.

However I would be pissed off if I were still producing them or only just released them pretty recently, then I would probably try and hunt down the bastard responsible. Also if the Slayer book ever happens I'd prefer it if people refrain from putting old editions of Slayer on the net.
Distinguish to Kill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uploaders would still give you attention. I have also bought stuff I downloaded, depending on whether I liked it, of course.
For the old stuff, if anyone could upload the Orcustus and Infernus issues. I would never spend the money they would cost on eBay, and as I am strictly opposed to NS ideology and thoughts in the same vein, I could not think of buying something like a zine made by one of the Möbus brothers; but I would like to read it, to know what this Infernus zine actually contained (as they said on Nonpop, it is not a political zine). And even though I am against this kind of ideology, I am still interested in obscure stuff and therefore also read this stuff if I can, as long as I do not support them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: