P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

NWN! review in TERRORIZER Mag. (UK)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GROUND ZERO Entertainment

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: NWN! review in TERRORIZER Mag. (UK) Reply with quote

Over the lunch hour I was killing time at BORDERS and saw a review of the new WITCHFINDER GENERAL release from Yosuke in the new TERRORIZER Mag from the UK...
The review of the music was positive, but more importantly they gave props. for how well Yosuke releases are compiled, presented, packaged, etc...
Was cool to see!
www.red-sky-design.com/GZEmailorder.htm
Good Trades: NWN! / H.H.R. / No Sign Of Life / LIE IN RUINS / BLOOD HARVEST / Asphyxiate / Prof. BLACK / Axa Valaha / Bloody Prod. / SONIC TEMPLE / Kuravilu / Death Dealer
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah I saw that. I'm not sure what to think of it because the magazine is a pile of dog doo doo for the most part.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

GROUND ZERO Entertainment

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah....
Still...to be recogonized for the effort that you put into your work (as opposed to those labels who just slap shit together) is perfectly acceptable!!
www.red-sky-design.com/GZEmailorder.htm
Good Trades: NWN! / H.H.R. / No Sign Of Life / LIE IN RUINS / BLOOD HARVEST / Asphyxiate / Prof. BLACK / Axa Valaha / Bloody Prod. / SONIC TEMPLE / Kuravilu / Death Dealer
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, regardless of the general quality of the magazine a compliment is never a bad thing.
HELLTHRASHER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and will surely bring some new heads into the distro.
msp666

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That magazine is dire now. It has really gone down hill. There seems to be this rule that Arch Enemy and the bird from Lacuna Coil have to be on the cover at least once a year. Also every writer has to like SWANS and Diamanda Gala's too.

That said I was pleased to see they have the new ESOTERIC "Album of the Month", a release getting the award on merit for once
As my crushed bowels evacuate much to my dismay...
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I flick through it occaisionally and in the most recent issue they gave the new Coffins 'Album of the Month' which was cool.
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mag's not too bad especially since its so hard to get decent metal mags here in Malaysia.
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msp666 wrote:
That magazine is dire now. It has really gone down hill. There seems to be this rule that Arch Enemy and the bird from Lacuna Coil have to be on the cover at least once a year. Also every writer has to like SWANS and Diamanda Gala's too.

That said I was pleased to see they have the new ESOTERIC "Album of the Month", a release getting the award on merit for once

When 'Unchain The Wolves' came out Terrorizer wrote a quite dismissive review of it. I wrote this great tirade about their dedication/favouritism towards albums that have a greater financial backing, and they edited the fuck out of it. It was nice that I hit the mark, but sad that a so called liberal publication like that was afraid to publish what I wrote. My letter also read like complete jibberish once edited which was disappointing.

I thumb through it every now and again but don't care for most of what is to be found in its pages. I admire at least that they do delve into the more obscure side of things, but in the end, they, like all glossy music pulbications, need to sell enough to stay alive.

Such is life...
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: NWN! review in TERRORIZER Mag. (UK) Reply with quote

[quote="GROUND ZERO Entertainment"]Over the lunch hour I was killing time at BORDERS and saw a review of the new WITCHFINDER GENERAL release from Yosuke in the new TERRORIZER Mag from the UK...
The review of the music was positive, but more importantly they gave props. for how well Yosuke releases are compiled, presented, packaged, etc...
Was cool to see![/quote]

Can you scan the article please.I would love to read it.Can't find Terrorizer since Tower Records went out of biz.
Distinguish to Kill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same request.
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood and Thunder wrote:
msp666 wrote:

When 'Unchain The Wolves' came out Terrorizer wrote a quite dismissive review of it. I wrote this great tirade about their dedication/favouritism towards albums that have a greater financial backing, and they edited the fuck out of it. It was nice that I hit the mark, but sad that a so called liberal publication like that was afraid to publish what I wrote. My letter also read like complete jibberish once edited which was disappointing.

I thumb through it every now and again but don't care for most of what is to be found in its pages. I admire at least that they do delve into the more obscure side of things, but in the end, they, like all glossy music pulbications, need to sell enough to stay alive.

Such is life...

It is a renowned fact that the UK metal press has always sucked for the most part. Extremely biased and tending towards sensationalism and nationalism, exhalting local acts even if they sucked big time. It's always been like this from 1982 on. Looking throughout Kerrang in the late '80ies/early '90ies seemed like peeping through the National Enquirer or something like that. It's all gossip.

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
Wayne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luca is right. I can't remember the last time I even bothered flicking through the metal press here. Both Terrorizer and Zero Tolerance are really bad publications. Both focusing on bands that currently 'fit in'.

I prefer just learning about new bands to hear from forums or word of mouth from friends whose opinions I trust.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gallhammer

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Wayne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Gallhammer

I really like their first album, and the second one would be good if it wasn't for those squeaky back-up vocals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: