P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

MALOKARPATAN Old school black metal Slovakia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Omni



Joined: 14 Dec 2016
Posts: 328

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think that Nordkarpatenland was easily the best album from last year.
_________________
Metal reviews:
http://fingerofscorn.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ALCHAMESTE



Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 692
Location: Pictavia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omni wrote:
I still think that Nordkarpatenland was easily the best album from last year.

YES !
With also the great Krolok album : Slovakian Black Metal über alles !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kill Monument



Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 2129
Location: In a meaningless leaning mess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both winners indeed but Malokarpatan take the biscuit for me. Pure genius.
_________________
www.myspace.com/wothesperus

www.facebook.com/malthusianDM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
AncientSlumber



Joined: 18 Feb 2014
Posts: 2054
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omni wrote:
I still think that Nordkarpatenland was easily the best album from last year.

I totally agree. One of the best records in many years.
_________________
Why have you disturbed our sleep, awakened us from our ancient slumber?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AncientSlumber



Joined: 18 Feb 2014
Posts: 2054
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALCHAMESTE wrote:
Omni wrote:
I still think that Nordkarpatenland was easily the best album from last year.

YES !
With also the great Krolok album : Slovakian Black Metal über alles !

This comment made me look up Krolok. Killer album. Haven't stopped listening to it since discovering it. Cheers!
_________________
Why have you disturbed our sleep, awakened us from our ancient slumber?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ANTI_HUMAN



Joined: 03 Jul 2017
Posts: 266

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are killer bands. Just heard the "Cesta podzemnymi salami Kovovlada" EP, kinda disappointing tbh.
_________________
https://www.discogs.com/user/ANTI_HUMAN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sinvocation



Joined: 24 Apr 2009
Posts: 226
Location: The Centennial State

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely love this band. Oh how I wish I lived out east to have caught their tour with Negative Plane. They're in the elite of modern black metal, simply because they don't sound modern, haha.

The current first-wave of black metal/heavy-metal/Hellenic/Italian sound-inspired bands are the ones making the best black metal today, in my opinion. And Malokarpatan stands out as one of the absolute best in that category. I'll have to check out the new single; hopefully it doesn't suffer from "leftover syndrome" like some singles and EPs do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ToadstoolMoon



Joined: 21 May 2014
Posts: 854

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot guys!

The EP should be viewed as just a small curiosity, it's an old song I wrote back in the early 2000s for our semi-official demo projects back then, just heavily re-arranged for a bleaker, early pre-Norway 90s sort of sound, with the first part being a psychedelic/ambient/soundtrack music mix to bring a cinematic atmosphere.

Next album (which is already completely written by now) will, unlike the EP, go further in the "first-wave of black metal/heavy-metal/Hellenic/Italian sound" as you named it. Also a more prominent influence of classic Czechoslovakian metal this time around.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AncientSlumber



Joined: 18 Feb 2014
Posts: 2054
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToadstoolMoon, could you please provide the English translations for the tracks of Stridžie Dni?

Good to hear that the next album is already written. Very eager to hear it. Not to kiss your arse, but Malokarpatan is easily one of the best bands that I've discovered in quite some years.

Any plans for a gig in the Netherlands? I think you would fit perfectly on the Veneration of the Dead festival. Are you reading this, guys of New Era Productions and Heidens Hart? Wink
_________________
Why have you disturbed our sleep, awakened us from our ancient slumber?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HotBlack



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 2718

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AncientSlumber wrote:
ToadstoolMoon, could you please provide the English translations for the tracks of Stridžie Dni?

Good to hear that the next album is already written. Very eager to hear it. Not to kiss your arse, but Malokarpatan is easily one of the best bands that I've discovered in quite some years.

Any plans for a gig in the Netherlands? I think you would fit perfectly on the Veneration of the Dead festival. Are you reading this, guys of New Era Productions and Heidens Hart? Wink


All the English translations can be found on MA

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Malokarpatan/Strid%C5%BEie_dni/534027
_________________
Myths (Vinyl) - click me
Cassette tapes = using nostalgia to polish turds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
AncientSlumber



Joined: 18 Feb 2014
Posts: 2054
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotBlack wrote:
AncientSlumber wrote:
ToadstoolMoon, could you please provide the English translations for the tracks of Stridžie Dni?

Good to hear that the next album is already written. Very eager to hear it. Not to kiss your arse, but Malokarpatan is easily one of the best bands that I've discovered in quite some years.

Any plans for a gig in the Netherlands? I think you would fit perfectly on the Veneration of the Dead festival. Are you reading this, guys of New Era Productions and Heidens Hart? Wink


All the English translations can be found on MA

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Malokarpatan/Strid%C5%BEie_dni/534027

Ah, never checked that. Cheers!
_________________
Why have you disturbed our sleep, awakened us from our ancient slumber?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
.kM



Joined: 02 Jan 2015
Posts: 334

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

call_from_stars wrote:
i really didn't expect them to bee that good live this weekend


Indeed a great show and HV on vocals sounds good!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnny Tombthrasher



Joined: 08 Jan 2016
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToadstoolMoon wrote:
Thanks a lot guys!

The EP should be viewed as just a small curiosity, it's an old song I wrote back in the early 2000s for our semi-official demo projects back then, just heavily re-arranged for a bleaker, early pre-Norway 90s sort of sound, with the first part being a psychedelic/ambient/soundtrack music mix to bring a cinematic atmosphere.

Next album (which is already completely written by now) will, unlike the EP, go further in the "first-wave of black metal/heavy-metal/Hellenic/Italian sound" as you named it. Also a more prominent influence of classic Czechoslovakian metal this time around.


Great news! Fuck off Norwegian black metal!
_________________
https://soundcloud.com/ghoul-cult

https://myspace.com/faustcoven
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doedsengel



Joined: 09 Dec 2012
Posts: 162
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck Darkthrone!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnny Tombthrasher



Joined: 08 Jan 2016
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate them!
_________________
https://soundcloud.com/ghoul-cult

https://myspace.com/faustcoven
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group