P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Radiooo Fenriiiizz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
passetiermes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Around the time when he crawled from under the rock and started doing press at a wholesale quantity, he said in a Terrorizer interview that he always wished that Quorthon would shut up, because he felt that Quorthon is ruining the mystery by talking to anyone willing to listen. He readily acknowledged in the interview that he's doing the same to Darkthrone fans with the newfound love for talking to media.
Some Norwegian black metal band was once (in early 90s) asked in a zine interview what's happening with Darkthrone. The answer was along the lines of 'we don't know them personally, but the last that I've heard is that they live in the forest and hate each other'. Mystery vs. reality.
Still, hats off to anyone who's interested in new music and enjoys life.
Attic Snake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I have postal issues I know Fenriz is the man behind it. Pulling the strings from some clandestine Post Office Outpost in Norway. Obviously i wasn't "ready" in his eyes to receive those records that would drop me to my knees shattering my patellas. I should thank him for saving me from my own dangerous collecting ambitions, that obviously are harmful to lesser men. Instead I curse him.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if the Fenriz says so, it is so!
Fullmoon91

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still trying hard to be relevant there eh, Gylve?
TriumphanT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it truly refreshing to see someone in his age that still got that hunger for new music! And that hunger seems to be his biggest passion aswell! That is something really rare if you ask me. Most people just "grow" up and starts focusing on everything else in life. Music becomes a thing from the past and doesn't appear to be important anymore. People that has been into the scene for a longer time should surely know what I mean. Couldn't care less what people do but I always find it beyond tiring to be among socalled "metal heads" who rather talk about eveything else than music.
DFP
banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Command wrote:
But he is surrounded by 20 or 30 people with good tastes too, that keeps bumping him on this or that release. He's the spokesman/poster boy.

One fine example is Bölzer: After they had been active in the Swiss UG for a short time, the Supremacy Through Intolerance guy (anyone remember him?) made a thread about them here on NWN resulting in full blown hype and some months later they were "Band of the Week".
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bölzer?

Damn almost forgot about them... they have not released a two song demo in the last three months yet.
DFP
banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
Interesting discussion.

Shouldn't you take care of your countless threads where you exhibit your atrociously bad taste? I think someone said something interesting about Moonblood somewhere else, you should immediately check it.

Under Command wrote:
Like "I Am The Working Class" for example, is a solid Fenrizsong.

I assume your talking about the music, but without any offense: How can someone who wrote lyrics like this...

Where Cold Winds Blow I (was) laid to Rest
I Can not reach my Rusty Weapons
The Blood and Sword that Guided my Path
For they Drowned in the Sands of Wisdom

I was, indeed, a King of the Flesh
My Blackened Edges; still they were Sharp
Honoured by the Carnal Herds
But asketh thou: Closed are the Gates?

My Mind cut my Winged Weapons
And Teeth that was my Pride
And from the Forest all would hear:
"Wisdom Opens the Gate for the King"

My Weapons Sighted - My Tears they Tasted
Summon my Warriors - To the Land of Desire
To the Domain of Hate - Where Cold Winds Blew
For Lust for Hell - We Rode with the North Wind

Only I could accomplish a fucken Self-deceit
There are only Two Paths - the Mind or the Sword
And the Mind was Open like the Sights in a Dream
But the Sword was like a Stone around my neck

I Entered the Soul of the Snake
And Slept with the Armageddish Whore
(but) without my Throne and my Weapons;
Where Cold Winds Blow became my Grave

...come to lyrics like that?

21 years of minimum wage
Got no problems with manual labour

You stepped up in the 90s, wanna show me how
Well, I dont need no fuckin' favour

I am the working class!
ALL DAY
So I don't have to
SEE YOUR FACE

I am the working class!
DISCIPLINE
The daybreak is when
I BEGIN

I am the working class!
EACH DAY
I bust my bones to
GET PAID

I am the working class!
DAMN STRAIGHT
The daily grind is
MY FATE

Through 7 seas of alcohol
and a jail of dank depression
Well, I turned my back and where are you now?
...and I've bucked up for that recession

I think the reason might be a combination of years of booze, a steady girlfriend and too many people who told him how cool he is.
Drying Victims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume it's a mixture of "been there, done that" and "fuck it, I've got nothing to lose" attitudes.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did Fenriz say today?
Does anyone know? I would really like to know if he said anything about what to listen to today!
blewcheer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone said he's trying to stay relevant- I don't think that's the case. I think newer metal fans are trying to keep him relevant, or rather are keeping him relevant because of some misguided "grandfather" status. That is what they know him as- not "the drummer of black metal band Darkthrone", but "Fenriz, metal icon, also plays drums and sings in the black/heavy metal/punk band Darkthrone", because he's been this character for years before they've been into this stuff/black metal/whatever. He's becoming the metal Dave Grohl.
Also, it strikes me as utterly bizarre that in 2015, anyone would need a washed-up revisionist musician to tell them about good new bands. It's just as easy to discover them yourself. Jump down a YouTube rabbit hole, go look up new releases and sample them, check out "coming soon" sections on labels' websites, etc. Why would you need to take a part of his listening habits and adopt them for your own? By doing that, you're missing out on anything he's not listening to. It's like getting all of your news from one source or something. Is it really so hard to do some basic legwork on your own these days?
I never thought I'd feel this ancient at 29. Maybe I should start writing modern-day Darkthrone lyrics.

DFP wrote:

Under Command wrote:
Like "I Am The Working Class" for example, is a solid Fenrizsong.

I assume your talking about the music, but without any offense: How can someone who wrote lyrics like this...

Where Cold Winds Blow I (was) laid to Rest
I Can not reach my Rusty Weapons
The Blood and Sword that Guided my Path
For they Drowned in the Sands of Wisdom

I was, indeed, a King of the Flesh
My Blackened Edges; still they were Sharp
Honoured by the Carnal Herds
But asketh thou: Closed are the Gates?

My Mind cut my Winged Weapons
And Teeth that was my Pride
And from the Forest all would hear:
"Wisdom Opens the Gate for the King"

My Weapons Sighted - My Tears they Tasted
Summon my Warriors - To the Land of Desire
To the Domain of Hate - Where Cold Winds Blew
For Lust for Hell - We Rode with the North Wind

Only I could accomplish a fucken Self-deceit
There are only Two Paths - the Mind or the Sword
And the Mind was Open like the Sights in a Dream
But the Sword was like a Stone around my neck

I Entered the Soul of the Snake
And Slept with the Armageddish Whore
(but) without my Throne and my Weapons;
Where Cold Winds Blow became my Grave

...come to lyrics like that?

21 years of minimum wage
Got no problems with manual labour

You stepped up in the 90s, wanna show me how
Well, I dont need no fuckin' favour

I am the working class!
ALL DAY
So I don't have to
SEE YOUR FACE

I am the working class!
DISCIPLINE
The daybreak is when
I BEGIN

I am the working class!
EACH DAY
I bust my bones to
GET PAID

I am the working class!
DAMN STRAIGHT
The daily grind is
MY FATE

Through 7 seas of alcohol
and a jail of dank depression
Well, I turned my back and where are you now?
...and I've bucked up for that recession

I think the reason might be a combination of years of booze, a steady girlfriend and too many people who told him how cool he is.

Nailed it.
ToadstoolMoon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been listening to Darkthrone for almost 20 years (yeah, I know there are lots of people here who know them longer, but still) and I have no problem with the way Fenriz is today. Yes, maybe there is too much of him everywhere and maybe some of his remarks about the 90s are revisionist, but unlike a lot of BM people who never break their character and act like they're devil incarnate 24/7, he acts like a human being and that is what I like.

The guy is almost 44 years old, do you really expect him to have the same personality like when he was 24?
kktz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blewcheer wrote:
It's just as easy to discover them yourself. Jump down a YouTube rabbit hole, go look up new releases and sample them, check out "coming soon" sections on labels' websites, etc. Why would you need to take a part of his listening habits and adopt them for your own?

this.
Under Command

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DFP : Yes I was talking about the music but I like the lyrics too. The lyrics are his life, his real life, for once. He was really depressed several years and he really said fuck off to the music business... And there is no reward for that. The fans don't care if you're not a whore. Nobody cares. So what happened ? They pushed their integrity far enough to be fired from Peaceville and then the band barely existed only because Fenriz composed AND recorded TH & Panzerfaust alone in his basement, while Nocturno Culto moved far away from him, and Zephyrous was... fired ? done ? We never knew, anyway, Darkthrone was heavily weakened, despite the appearences. And then the guy, having participating in too many bands, lost inspiration (that's where Nocturno Culto "saved" the thing by coming back to composing/caring about Darkthrone). And Fenriz was left with boring day job, losing girlfriend, burnt out in inspiration, and blacklisted by the music industry. Very Happy
So he's near 40 years old andtells the story in a song. I can understand people would have prefered this to be a sideproject over being labelised Darkthrone. But as for the lyrics themselves, I find them great (especially because this is 100% real). But I'm a Punk music lover so.. that must count.
Under Command

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blewcheer wrote:
It's just as easy to discover them yourself. Jump down a YouTube rabbit hole, go look up new releases and sample them, check out "coming soon" sections on labels' websites, etc. Why would you need to take a part of his listening habits and adopt them for your own?

Originally he dug up some old/obscure bands that was not easy to discover. And that was cool. Then he made up "band of the week", highlighting one singular band per week, again, that was cool because that meant a drastic selection. But then it became out of control : endless waves of new bands and playlist. So now you are right, but in the beginning it was different.

Dude I'm 28 and feel really ancient Very Happy That must be booze and genetics, not metal habits Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: