P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Radiooo Fenriiiizz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanshan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was roughly around 2007-2011 that Fenriz was EVERYWHERE, mostly because he seemed hellbent on getting the message across about the reasons behind Darkthrone's newest change in style. If anything he's tuned it down as of late. About the celebrity playlists and all that, this is totally typical behavior of anyone who has the inclination to be a DJ. Having been a DJ myself for period of time at my college radio station, my perception is that it's every DJ's fantasy to believe that people care about one's music taste. I agree that it's lame if that is one's primary means of discovering new bands - referencing the playlists of celebrities. But I highly doubt that is the case for most people. Fenriz is just an entertaining personality, nothing more, nothing less. The only thing that really matters is the music, and The Underground Resistance had some really crappy songs on it (but also some really great ones).
DFP
banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Command: Good points and I understand your position, but still I prefer the depressed & angry Fenriz (of course not knowing him personally, just judging his output). I actually don't have that much of a problem with him being a quirky public persona or Metal-Tarantino - as long as this clownery doesn't appear on the records itself.

It all boils down to a subjective matter of taste where I will always rank Ravishing Grimness or Hate Them over F.O.A.D. or Circle the Wagons.

That being said, The Cult is Alive was better than Sardonic Wrath. And surely better than Plaguewielder, the worst DT-album besides The Underground Resistance.
blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sardonic Wrath was ok to me when it came out, but in hindsight you are right, it's pretty bad. Always bugs me that whoever did the layout totally fucked up the cover, too. Laughing it was obviously meant to be cut in a square, to create a "pit" at the bottom.

Hate Them I never gave a fair shake. I think it was the cover. Plagueweilder wasn't bad IMO.

Honestly, when they started throwing generic Celtic Frost riffs into every song, I started losing interest. Novel idea at first, but how many albums need variations of the same 2-3 riffs in every other song?
ToadstoolMoon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plaguewielder was their most boring and uninspired moment in my opinion.
Circle the Wagons and Underground Resistance renewed my interest in them through those heavy metal influences.

Of course those albums are nothing compared to A Blaze or Funeral Moon, but except for Nocturno's yawn-inducing material, they offer some pretty fine sing-along beer anthems. Which is something that I greatly enjoy ever since I stopped being a wanna-be misanthropic teenager/adolescent.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenriz is his own mythbuster. Same as Varg. Confused
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
ToadstoolMoon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And are there still some personalities from the old days that still have a myth surrounding them? Maybe someone like Ildjarn & his colleagues for remaining in the shadows for most of the time, but even these people most likely have houses with well-kept lawns and families to feed.

The mystical feeling can be reached within the music, but those are always human beings with human failures performing those songs... And these people are in their 40s now, with completely different problems and concerns for most of the time.
Mountain of Doom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You either die a hero or living long enough to see yourself become a villain."
lifeless

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't realize how serious he was about being a dj
https://soundcloud.com/heavytassen
DTBRex

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToadstoolMoon wrote:
...those are always human beings with human failures performing those songs... And these people are in their 40s now, with completely different problems and concerns for most of the time.

Seriously? Because, all I see are now 40-somethings coming across mentally immature (maybe worse...?) who want to make us believe that what they did 20+ years ago was mentally immature and ought to be dismissed accordingly. Rolling Eyes
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
ToadstoolMoon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am not in my 40s yet so I can't speak for them, but I can see where they're coming from now when I think of how I was as a teenager. All those legendary albums were made by young people full of youthful enthusiasm. Black metal magic is exactly that - when you're 16-17 and you want to burn the world down (and perhaps build a new one afterwards). It doesn't mean you need to shift your ideals radically as you get older, but your mentality evolves regardless of that. I can see how Fenriz wants to make songs about his job now instead of escapist satanic poetry.

When it comes to his dismissal of the 90s albums, I agree with you that it is kind of stupid, but again, I think it's just about age (by which I'm not saying he is right in this particular case). And I think people well in their 30s who answer interviews like envoys of evil without the slightest sense of humour are the truly immature ones...
EK Nacht
banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does he roll his Rs so much? Is that how Norwegians speak? It's more exaggerated than Spanish.
lifeless

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I noticed that too
I'm watching this video to learn more

"How Norwegians Speak English"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvsnc6NCJp8
EK Nacht
banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I was just gonna wait for a Scandinavian to fill me in but you're getting proactive.
lifeless

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this lady gets straight to the point
"The Norwegian R-sound"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHzANn-uFns

Storm - Nordavind is probably the most R metal album ever
EK Nacht
banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's cute too. I want her to show me how to use my tongue.

Edit: I knew it! Her tongue's pierced. She's a blowjob queen I guarantee. Most linguistics chicks are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: