P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Radiooo Fenriiiizz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got as far into it until she sounded like a cat coughing up a hairball, then the fantasy ended and I had to turn it off Laughing
blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToadstoolMoon wrote:
And I think people well in their 30s who answer interviews like envoys of evil without the slightest sense of humour are the truly immature ones...

You know, those two extremes aren't the only available options for a person's personality. To me, his newfound (and it is newfound) enthusiasm for heavy metal, punk, etc, and the revisionism that has come along with it, is far more immature than his '90s interviews and whatnot. At least he seemed sincere back then, as silly as you might think he was.
Someone compared the lyrics from old to new Darkthrone earlier- those are a great window into this. One lyric reads almost as poetry, while the other is lowest common denominator garbage. The former took effort and came from a place of serious artistic intent, whereas the latter clearly took seconds to shit onto piece of paper with little effort or sincerity involved whatsoever.

Death to the black metal cult of personality. See what it's doing?! Laughing
TCM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blewcheer wrote:
ToadstoolMoon wrote:
And I think people well in their 30s who answer interviews like envoys of evil without the slightest sense of humour are the truly immature ones...

You know, those two extremes aren't the only available options for a person's personality. To me, his newfound (and it is newfound) enthusiasm for heavy metal, punk, etc, and the revisionism that has come along with it, is far more immature than his '90s interviews and whatnot. At least he seemed sincere back then, as silly as you might think he was.
Someone compared the lyrics from old to new Darkthrone earlier- those are a great window into this. One lyric reads almost as poetry, while the other is lowest common denominator garbage. The former took effort and came from a place of serious artistic intent, whereas the latter clearly took seconds to shit onto piece of paper with little effort or sincerity involved whatsoever.

Death to the black metal cult of personality. See what it's doing?! Laughing

^ all of this, yes

The Farthest Star wrote:
What the fuck is an "IPA".
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's been clearly established no matter what you do, no matter who you are, no one can do anything right and there will always be someone very quick to jump up and out and point their finger at something and call it fake, false, gay, hipster... trendy, selling out etc etc ...literally no end to it.

The only real solution is for everything to cease. All personalities end, all art stops... nothing is ever made or conceived again.

...or one just continues to do what they feel like is themselves and enjoy the gratitude from those sharing the sentiment and to hell with those stuck in bitter resentment spending all their own energies being miserable.

...cause if no one did anything or tried anything, nothing would ever happen or exist. Quite frankly thanks to the world for all the bad music cause without it the good music would not be there either... and same for personalities I suppose... the ever revolving ying/yang ...spiraling universal swazi of the chaos that binds it all together. Amen. Laughing
AncientSlumber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent way to check some bands which I normally wouldn't have found, despite YouTube recommendations, forums, Facebook, friends etc. That new Deathhammer track rips!
blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of a logical fallacy. Without shitty music we'd still recognize good music, as enjoyment isn't dependent on dislike. You don't have to eat dogshit to know that you like a well-prepared filet mignon, just as you don't need The Undergriund Resistance to know Under a Funeral Moon is fantastic. Wink

To each his own, at the crux of your post. I can dig that. But seriously, fuck this guy.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you.
I guess whatever Fenriz does is fine by me, ultimately I am more concerned and annoyed with what my Prime Minister says, or what the local magistrate says in regards to my personal income, or my property taxes etc etc

Fenriz babbling on about this or that band... not a whole lot different than all of us feeling the need to say what we say on this forum.

He just happens to be in full disclosure, not hiding behind a clever nickname and apparently more people like to hear them than not.

I wonder what this place would look like if everyone lost the masking and their real identities were more closely associated with their comments.
DFP
banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
I wonder what this place would look like if everyone lost the masking and their real identities were more closely associated with their comments.

I can tell you that in this case everything you do yourself will be used against you. But I prefer transparency over forced anonymity.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DFP wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:

I can tell you that in this case everything you do yourself will be used against you. But I prefer transparency over forced anonymity.

Cannot disagree there, after all... look at this Fenriz thread. Laughing
blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone here who is in a band or label is, to one degree it another, a "public figure". So most band/label folks, unless they have REALLY hidden their identities, are operating under the assumption that everyone knows who they are- or at least they should be. And when you are talking "public figure" on such a small, minute scale, most of this shit has real-world consequences.
Attic Snake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pay little to no attention to what he says or bands he picks. I did pick up that Gouge 7" a year or two back that had a sticker on it stating Fenriz band of the week. I also liked Circle The Wagons and The Underground Resistance. Maybe taking opinions with a grain of salt is the best bet. Sure they can be helpful because if you didn't have anyone to base anything off of you would have to check out everything for yourself and might end up killing yourself after mistakenly going through the Sumerian Records catalog. Just like dude said it works on here the same way. Bunch of nameless strangers saying this rules or this sucks.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, having a Fenriz on hand talking endlessly about bands, over a beer is nice.
What else is there to talk about? Who really cares about the weather or politics? ...well maybe I would more if I were living where bullets fly by more often, but seriously in Canada? ...life is pretty relaxed and music is awesome and silence is all great and that... but someone who can talk a lot about music isn't such a bad thing.

I would rather listen to a 40 something old Fenriz discuss music than someone 22 trying to tell me whats happening in the music world. Call that ignorant perhaps, but I also know how retarded the 20yr olds at my job are and I do not relate to them Laughing

We fossils have to stick together dammit! Support the Fen'riz!!! Laughing
Attic Snake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
DFP wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:

Cannot disagree there, after all... look at this Fenriz thread. Laughing

I haven't hidden it too much. I am the guy in my avatar. My ode to a bad album cover.
DFP
banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToadstoolMoon wrote:
All those legendary albums were made by young people full of youthful enthusiasm. Black metal magic is exactly that - when you're 16-17 and you want to burn the world down (and perhaps build a new one afterwards).

This was true in the 80s and 90s, when everything was still fresh and new. Nowadays, it's about experience and persistence.
DEVORADOR DE PLAGAS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blewcheer wrote:
To me, his newfound (and it is newfound) enthusiasm for heavy metal, punk, etc,

I don't care very much about the subject, but I can't see how could it be "newfound enthusiasm".

The infamous video of Rockhard interview is from 2007 (8 years ago), and The Cult is Alive is from 9 years ago.

Even more, in Panzerfaust booklet (20 years ago) you can see them praising Exodus' "Bonded by Blood".

It's obvious that this guy has always been a music freak.

Last edited by DEVORADOR DE PLAGAS on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: