P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Radiooo Fenriiiizz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DFP wrote:
ToadstoolMoon wrote:
All those legendary albums were made by young people full of youthful enthusiasm. Black metal magic is exactly that - when you're 16-17 and you want to burn the world down (and perhaps build a new one afterwards).

This was true in the 80s and 90s, when everything was still fresh and new. Nowadays, it's about experience and persistence.

Agreed. It's not really teenagers making good music these days. Times are different. What sort of bands in new styles of music remotely related to metal are teenagers in now? Deathcore and that sort of shit that mixes mainstream electronic dance music with bad "wavy hair face" screamo shit. There are teenagers in black metal bands, sure, but I bet you wouldn't find a single one of those bands in anyone here's top XX albums of the decade lists.
blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEVORADOR DE PLAGAS wrote:
blewcheer wrote:
To me, his newfound (and it is newfound) enthusiasm for heavy metal, punk, etc,

I don't care very much about the subject, but I can't see how could it be "newfound enthusiasm".

The infamous video of Rockhard interview is from 2007 (8 years ago), and The Cult is Alive is from 9 years ago.

Even more, in Panzerfaust booklet (20 years ago) you can see them praising Exodus' "Bonded by Blood".

It's obvious that this guy has always been a music freak.

2007 was comparatively recent.
Bonded by Blood is one of the biggest thrash albums ever, if not the biggest. Not a giant leap into the underground there, was it?
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When most of us were kids (39 myself, so count back the days I guess) ...we had identities that were what I would say fairly cut and solid associated with a specific scene.

Now you have this global web of instant access to things and I think the kids these days no longer have the defined lines we may have had... be that for better or worse who am I to say, but certainly the youth of today are not as inclined to be even remotely as singular pigeon holed as we could have been labelled some 25 years ago.

I think this explains the new music of youthful bands having no qualms about mixing everything together across several genre's ...and the old people getting upset over sacred boundries being crossed or some shit.

???
ToadstoolMoon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I think it depends... There are a few bands (mostly underground ones) that have matured well and also some good new bands made by seasoned musicians. But a lot of people lose their creative energy shortly after they turn 30 or so. And for example some of those metrosexual retro bands from Sweden which I happen to enjoy are made by guys younger than me.
DFP
banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blewcheer wrote:
DFP wrote:
ToadstoolMoon wrote:
All those legendary albums were made by young people full of youthful enthusiasm. Black metal magic is exactly that - when you're 16-17 and you want to burn the world down (and perhaps build a new one afterwards).

This was true in the 80s and 90s, when everything was still fresh and new. Nowadays, it's about experience and persistence.

Agreed. It's not really teenagers making good music these days. Times are different. What sort of bands in new styles of music remotely related to metal are teenagers in now? Deathcore and that sort of shit that mixes mainstream electronic dance music with bad "wavy hair face" screamo shit. There are teenagers in black metal bands, sure, but I bet you wouldn't find a single one of those bands in anyone here's top XX albums of the decade lists.

The problem is that teenagers of today don't GREW into a subcultures anymore. They just enter them and google their necessary shit to participate in two afternoons.

What was the last real new subculture in Rock music anyway, Grunge? Everything is already there, the bazar is open.
lifeless

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this house music he plays is extremely fruity
blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DFP wrote:
blewcheer wrote:
DFP wrote:
ToadstoolMoon wrote:

The problem is that teenagers of today don't GREW into a subcultures anymore. They just enter them and google their necessary shit to participate in two afternoons.

What was the last real new subculture in Rock music anyway, Grunge? Everything is already there, the bazar is open.

The "Ozzfest-bands" thing, probably, if that counted. It wasn't quite a subculture as much as it was shitty music, though.

Sort of related to what you said- I appreciate the internet because of our ability to communicate, hear new music, easily access anything we might need, etc, so I'm a massive proponent of it. One of the downsides is that it allows people to click a few links and be as pretentious as they want to be. I have a friend who used to have this incredibly bizarre and annoying habit of discussing albums, books, and movies he liked versus ones he didn't like, and the vast majority of the time he would be discussing them based off of what he had read on Wikipedia, not an actual experience of those things! So he had formulated an idea of what his tastes should be given the persona he wanted and filled in the blanks with meaningless, hollow information, as opposed to letting actual experience define his persona. I think this sort of person is an extreme case, but a study into what you're alluding to.
DFP
banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess so. Your friend seems to be a classical Dummschwätzer, this type of human was already there since ages.

But like any other media, internet makes the dumb people dumber, and the smart ones smarter.

Anyway, to get this a little bit back on track: Nocturno Culto's "Gift of Gods" was absolute generic and bland horseshit.
BaronOvHell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to mainly podcasts for entertainment at home when I'm not listening to music, so this is all good to me. Conversations about topics I like by people involved in them. Perhaps I'd be more outraged 6 or 7 years ago when I was angrier in general.
ToadstoolMoon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DFP wrote:
Anyway, to get this a little bit back on track: Nocturno Culto's "Gift of Gods" was absolute generic and bland horseshit.

This I can't disagree with, after all the most boring DT albums were largely composed by him, I think he burnt out already in the late 90s. Those Sarke albums are very sleep-inducing as well and it was also a pretty boring experience to see them live.
blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToadstoolMoon wrote:
DFP wrote:

This I can't disagree with, after all the most boring DT albums were largely composed by him, I think he burnt out already in the late 90s. Those Sarke albums are very sleep-inducing as well and it was also a pretty boring experience to see them live.

Sarke was really boring at MDF. It sounded like someone forgot to turn on their distortion, so it was really powerless.
lifeless

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone cite specific quotes where he criticizes early darkthrone?
I never watched those interviews on those extended CDs or whatever, ain't nobody got time for that
Drying Victims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DFP wrote:
Nocturno Culto's "Gift of Gods" was absolute generic and bland horseshit.

I am sure I am in the minority, but I have to disagree here. I think that was a really good EP with great riffs and fitting production. But then I prefer his stuff on the last few albums in many cases to Fenriz' songs. While the latter's are definitely more catchy they wear off much quicker for me.

There is something about Nocturno's laid-back style. Come Warfare, The Entire Doom is one of my favourite songs from the last few years.
greencave

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
Around the time when he crawled from under the rock and started doing press at a wholesale quantity, he said in a Terrorizer interview that he always wished that Quorthon would shut up, because he felt that Quorthon is ruining the mystery by talking to anyone willing to listen. He readily acknowledged in the interview that he's doing the same to Darkthrone fans with the newfound love for talking to media.
Some Norwegian black metal band was once (in early 90s) asked in a zine interview what's happening with Darkthrone. The answer was along the lines of 'we don't know them personally, but the last that I've heard is that they live in the forest and hate each other'. Mystery vs. reality.
Still, hats off to anyone who's interested in new music and enjoys life.

I will never understand why people can get their favorite records ruined by facing the fact that the people behind it are regular human beings. I don't know if that's what you are saying here, but a lot of people do say this.

When I first discovered Darkthrone and Burzum I knew nothing about the people in Darkthrone, I only had the covers of "the black trilogy". I was way young and those pictures made a huge impact on me. All I knew about Varg Vikernes was that he was - supposedly - a evil satanist who had murdered someone and burned down churches.

Now, a lot of years later, I know perfectly well who the guys from Darkthrone is. They are well exposed in the media (well, two of them), and they are totally regular dudes. Vikernes may still be a maniac, but he is a father of many children and makes videos on youtube with smileys and role playing games. So, to the point. What has this done to my relation the music? Nothing. I actually realized earlier this thay that I like the music of Burzum more than ever now.

It's the music that counts. And Fenriz is doing nothing wrong; he's just recommending us all stuff he thinks we should listen to. (And to just have said this: I don't like he's taste in music at all and have no reason what so ever for defending him, even though I worship the old DT albums.)
lifeless

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greencave wrote:

I will never understand why people can get their favorite records ruined by facing the fact that the people behind it are regular human beings.

I almost gave up on the whole scene when I found of that mortiis' ears were fake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: