P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Hidden Gems in otherwise shitty label's back catalog
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NWN PROD



Joined: 10 May 2006
Posts: 16677
Location: SF Bay Area

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Hidden Gems in otherwise shitty label's back catalog Reply with quote

you go first
_________________
NWN Fest Vol. IV Tickets here: http://nwnfest.storenvy.com/

Contact: nwnprod@gmail.com
Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Reed



Joined: 14 Oct 2008
Posts: 1717
Location: Denver, Colorado

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never placed an order through them, but I have stumbled across a bunch of weird shit here.

http://www.rock-lion.nl/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackMinion



Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 1228
Location: USA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reed wrote:
I've never placed an order through them, but I have stumbled across a bunch of weird shit here.

http://www.rock-lion.nl/


question is are they reliable
_________________
Sellers:Vega360,markos,GoabX2,sehaitt,IXTAB,Kuravilu,Lucko,Junky,bMz,Descension,Primitivehatemagick

Trade- CHRISTS_DARK_KINGDOM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Werewolf



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 3360
Location: IsraHell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tangorodrim's 3rd and 4th albums, released on Southern Lord.
_________________
WWW.INFERNALROCKNROLL.BANDCAMP.COM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
minge-eater



Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Posts: 3798
Location: cutterofgums record room

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackMinion wrote:
Reed wrote:
I've never placed an order through them, but I have stumbled across a bunch of weird shit here.

http://www.rock-lion.nl/


question is are they reliable


ive ordered once from ths guy, he was very slow but i got my stuff
_________________
Metal Archives is the place legends are born.

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
sztorm75



Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 4081
Location: Warsaw, Poland

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
BlackMinion wrote:
Reed wrote:
I've never placed an order through them, but I have stumbled across a bunch of weird shit here.

http://www.rock-lion.nl/


question is are they reliable


ive ordered once from ths guy, he was very slow but i got my stuff


i've ordered from him as well, and yes, he's slooow.... I waited like 4-5 weeks to get my records
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
passetiermes



Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 2330
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe gem is stretching it too far in this case, but I liked Saturnus - Paradise Belongs To You album on Euphonious Records. Mellow doom heh. Other than that, Euphonious never really released anything interesting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snaps666



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 1108
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
Maybe gem is stretching it too far in this case, but I liked Saturnus - Paradise Belongs To You album on Euphonious Records. Mellow doom heh. Other than that, Euphonious never really released anything interesting.


Hmm ... I actualy like Solhverv, and the first : Of The Wand & The Moon: record.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
dalecooper



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 2952
Location: Athens, GA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Renaissance comes to mind. They weren't shitty exactly but so many of their bands were just mediocre and unmemorable. Their best stuff for me was Blood Feast, obviously, but the hidden gem is The Unsane's "Inverted Crosses" EP. I love the hell out of that. Dirty, evil-sounding, highly energetic, underground thrash.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
s.charlach



Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 3144
Location: ...am Hexenstieg (Germany)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly a shitty back catalogue -and most probably not to most of you guys- but Asunder's "A Clarion Call" is not only some kind of rare bird in the rooster but easily the very be(A)st damn friggin' album released under the sign of NWN! so far. Anything before or afterwards seem pretty much predictable and kinda uninspired to me, to speak frankly.
_________________
Chief Darragh Invictus wrote:
Everything good comes in packs, wolves and beer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
IXTAB
Site Admin


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 3341
Location: Metalapolis, MN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:
Not exactly a shitty back catalogue -and most probably not to most of you guys- but Asunder's "A Clarion Call" is not only some kind of rare bird in the rooster but easily the very be(A)st damn friggin' album released under the sign of NWN! so far. Anything before or afterwards seem pretty much predictable and kinda uninspired to me, to speak frankly.


Maybe something is lost in the translation, but are you saying that every other NWN! release is predictable and uninspired, or are you talking about other ASUNDER releases?
_________________
THINGS THAT WILL BE DELETED:
1. Ghost and Watain threads
2. Image signatures
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
IXTAB
Site Admin


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 3341
Location: Metalapolis, MN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the topic of the original post is getting confused. I think he meant what good records have you found in distros that are otherwise bad.

A couple of months ago, when I decided to get the rest of the older NWN! records I was missing to complete the discography, I found copies of several harder-to-find ones like the DOOM SNAKE CULT LP, the WITCHES HAMMER "Stretching..." LP and another one or two from Vinland Winds. I think the story was that the guy who ran the label had died and someone else was just trying to clear out all of his stock before closing shop for good. In any case, as a "reward" for my purchase/score, he sent me a free 7" the label had put out by some Greek Aryan N.S.B.M band. Now I have this 7" laying around with all these fucked up Aryan slogans/symbols on it. The "gems," of course, were the NWN! releases.
_________________
THINGS THAT WILL BE DELETED:
1. Ghost and Watain threads
2. Image signatures
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dalecooper



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 2952
Location: Athens, GA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yosuke can clarify if he wants, but to me a label <> distro. One guy can run both, under the same name even, but they're not the same thing. A label is defined by the releases it puts out under its own banner, not the stuff it happens to sell that other labels pressed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
IXTAB
Site Admin


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 3341
Location: Metalapolis, MN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
Yosuke can clarify if he wants, but to me a label <> distro. One guy can run both, under the same name even, but they're not the same thing. A label is defined by the releases it puts out under its own banner, not the stuff it happens to sell that other labels pressed.


Yeah, I agree. I guess I was referring to gems I found in a label's distro, not his own catalog. Oh well.
_________________
THINGS THAT WILL BE DELETED:
1. Ghost and Watain threads
2. Image signatures
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
s.charlach



Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 3144
Location: ...am Hexenstieg (Germany)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
s.charlach wrote:
Not exactly a shitty back catalogue -and most probably not to most of you guys- but Asunder's "A Clarion Call" is not only some kind of rare bird in the rooster but easily the very be(A)st damn friggin' album released under the sign of NWN! so far. Anything before or afterwards seem pretty much predictable and kinda uninspired to me, to speak frankly.


Maybe something is lost in the translation, but are you saying that every other NWN! release is predictable and uninspired, or are you talking about other ASUNDER releases?


Well, basically I was trying to go along with your first assumption, nevertheless the fact that I had a very hard time to get into "Works Will Come Undone" when giving it a listen for the first times considering the seductive effect of the debut full length. I don't know, the recent NWN! releases are just not my cup of tea and honestly sometimes I'm just wondering 'bout where all the thoroughly supporting praise comes out of nowhere. I mean, no offense to anybody right on here as I don't doubt your enthusiasm for sure, but where have you been the years before? Is it just that there's a stage for stuff like e. g. Mystifier right now? Am I the only one who remembers the rather snide reviews on stuff like that back then?
_________________
Chief Darragh Invictus wrote:
Everything good comes in packs, wolves and beer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group