P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction CD question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spectre

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Ample Destruction is basically unmatched. Really a fantastic record. I know people like to throw Titan Force recs. around here, but the only similarity is that Harry sings for both bands. Really different feel overall when speaking in terms of a direct comparison. Iíd throw Liege Lordís Burn to My Touch up there with the master control rec. and would add Savage Grace: Master of Disguise.

Iíll have to revisit Skullview. I have had their debut for years but it never clicked. Will listen again.

Last edited by spectre on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
raskolnikhilov

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I did think twice before making the Titan Force recommendation, but I've always felt Conklin's voice really made that record what it is, as great as the overall musicianship and songcraft is. But ultimately, yes you're right, very different albums indeed. If nothing, the Titan Force ST is worth checking out for Conklin's vocal prowess.
plague

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it from the streets, put it in the sheets!!!

Iíd also agree this record is pretty unmatched, but a lot of these recommendations circle around the same territory... itís odd to me that Liege Lordís Freedomís Rise is always their last to get praised, and if weíre talking association by vocals the first Satanís Host deserves mention too.

Last edited by plague on Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone checked out the Barricade release?
doomedplanet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyne have a wav or flac rip of that No Poser version they might be willing to share? Curious about the sound.
doomedplanet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And following up on recommendations, for sure Satan's Host "Metal From hell" and "Midnight Wind" are absolutely mandatory.
cochino

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not about the CD version, but it might be of interest for people in this thread: http://thecorroseum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8623
RideIntoGlory

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently got my pressing of it in the mail the other day, needless to say I was spinning it instantly. Ample Destruction is one of the highlights of USPM without a doubt. For those curious about the genre, I wrote an introductory guide to USPM a little while ago and I'm working on 2nd and 3rd installments of it right now (will be covering lesser known 80s bands and demos respectively).

Check my guide to USPM out here if you're interested! : https://rideintoglory.com/marcos-guide-to-uspm/

To echo others, Titan Force and Satan Host are very essential if you enjoy The Tyrant's vocals!

Traditional metal (US power, speed, epic heavy, doom, etc) guides, reviews, and articles
Snark Shark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raskolnikhilov wrote:

Tyrant - Legions Of The Dead / Too Late To Pray

I need to listen to these 2 some more...

raskolnikhilov wrote:

Attacker - Battle At Helm's Deep

This one rules!!! the Sentinel Steel CD re-release even has better cover art.
necrogrim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recenty added barricade german version cd to my ample collection.I can tell that this mix is quite different to the mcore-mblade-nposer one.Also has some minor flaws like sound distorts/vanishes for like 0.5 sec in 2 or 3 places Smile
I must yet to hear the original vinyl and the high roller ones
AOD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

necrogrim wrote:
I recenty added barricade german version cd to my ample collection.I can tell that this mix is quite different to the mcore-mblade-nposer one.Also has some minor flaws like sound distorts/vanishes for like 0.5 sec in 2 or 3 places Smile
I must yet to hear the original vinyl and the high roller ones

There is only one mix of the album.
necrogrim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maaybe , but according to discogs :

Metal Blade Records ‎Ė CAROL CD 2203, Caroline Records ‎
Features a full remix of the album done by bassist John Tetley and producer Tom Gregor. The duo spent over twice the time mixing as was spent on the original mix. Until the 2013 High Roller release, this version of Ample Destruction was considered to have the finest sound quality. The label designed the cover.

MetalCore ‎Ė CORE 06 CD
This release of Ample Destruction features a remaster and is considered by the band to be a separate reissue, not a copy of the original. This album was the bandís first domestic release in the UK

after comparing these two they are the same mix but metalcore slightly louder . Im sure original lp is a different mix or sound whatever you call it, and barricade records cd differs from mcore-mblade one being possibly taken from original lp master tape ( or less likely directly from orig lp )
AOD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

necrogrim wrote:
maaybe , but according to discogs :

Metal Blade Records ‎Ė CAROL CD 2203, Caroline Records ‎
Features a full remix of the album done by bassist John Tetley and producer Tom Gregor. The duo spent over twice the time mixing as was spent on the original mix. Until the 2013 High Roller release, this version of Ample Destruction was considered to have the finest sound quality. The label designed the cover.

MetalCore ‎Ė CORE 06 CD
This release of Ample Destruction features a remaster and is considered by the band to be a separate reissue, not a copy of the original. This album was the bandís first domestic release in the UK

after comparing these two they are the same mix but metalcore slightly louder . Im sure original lp is a different mix or sound whatever you call it, and barricade records cd differs from mcore-mblade one being possibly taken from original lp master tape ( or less likely directly from orig lp )

There is no remix of this album available, only one original mix. All other versions are remasters !!!
necrogrim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a small video comparison showing some of the subtle differences between metal blade and barricade versions. In the beginning seconds of " the watching" from barricde you can hear an echo that drums make that is inaudible in mblade version , also at the end of 'generally hostile' on barricade you can hear two distinct voices shouting " no mercy " - louder and quieter , while on mblade version the second,quieter voice is almost completely gone. I dont know if this was achieved only with remastering or re-mixing but fact is they are quite different , also in general sound/tone.

here is the link , enjoy :

https://youtu.be/Z3jdT9rLCZ8
AOD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

necrogrim wrote:
I did a small video comparison showing some of the subtle differences between metal blade and barricade versions. In the beginning seconds of " the watching" from barricde you can hear an echo that drums make that is inaudible in mblade version , also at the end of 'generally hostile' on barricade you can hear two distinct voices shouting " no mercy " - louder and quieter , while on mblade version the second,quieter voice is almost completely gone. I dont know if this was achieved only with remastering or re-mixing but fact is they are quite different , also in general sound/tone.

here is the link , enjoy :

https://youtu.be/Z3jdT9rLCZ8

This is VERY interesting !!! I am watching / listening now...and it seems you are right !!! Sounds like a different mix...!!! I never heard that one before, but I always prefer the original one...thank you for the video !!!
Mark Briody never told me about a remix...but we are never to old to learn new facts !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: