P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Dismember Indecent and Obscene
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Dismember Indecent and Obscene Reply with quote

I find this to be one of the most intense records from the 90's swedish scene. It just oozes violence and has amazing riffs. I love the artwork. To some it may seem cheesy but I think it is one of the best executed gore covers without using real photos.
Any thoughts on this or other favorites in thier discography?
I hate to admit it, but i dig massive killing capacity too.
dalecooper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that album. It's second only to the debut to me. After that my favorite is probably "The God That Never Was" - what a great modern release by them.

I don't even hate "Massive Killing Capacity" - I tend to think Dismember is a band whose lows are mediocre rather than actually bad. "Hate Campaign" is the other album of theirs people tend to bag on but it's got some good tracks still, and the core Dismember sound.
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Dismember indecent and obscene Reply with quote

I guess I need to come clean. Dismember can do no wrong.
I love bands that progress, even some in radical ways, ulver being one example, but with Dismember you know what you are getting and if you like dismember you won't be let down.
PhantomOTO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm listening to it right now. I actually slightly prefer it to Like an Everflowing Stream, with Pieces being my favorite Dismember.
nexxxion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their complete back catalogue always seemed very bland to me (compared to Therion, Grave, Nihilist/Entombed, Unleashed, Tiamat, Exhumed, Grotesque, old Necrophobic and many others).
Sure they're a good band, but apart from a few killer riffs (Override of the Overture), most of their songs are boring.
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Dismember Reply with quote

nexxxion wrote:
Their complete back catalogue always seemed very bland to me (compared to Therion, Grave, Nihilist/Entombed, Unleashed, Tiamat, Exhumed, Grotesque, old Necrophobic and many others).
Sure they're a good band, but apart from a few killer riffs (Override of the Overture), most of their songs are boring.

Damn, I didn't even think of those bands. I was spinning Indecent and got inspired. There is just too much metal for the human mind to comprehend sometimes.
dead gods

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Dismember indecent and obscene Reply with quote

Heliogabalus wrote:
I guess I need to come clean. Dismember can do no wrong.
I love bands that progress, even some in radical ways, ulver being one example, but with Dismember you know what you are getting and if you like dismember you won't be let down.

Agreed. I was sick last week and spent a few days listening about 90% of the discography. The new S/T album might even be in my top three of theirs.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes me want to listen to the debut.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Karan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The production on this one is a bit irritant, but killer music...and as much as I find the debut very good, this one and "Indecent..." really are second place compared with EntombeD first two albums...
HELLTHRASHER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an ok album. 'Dreaming in Red' is the only song that stands out for me.
'Like and Everflowing. . ' will always be my personal favorite.
The 'Death Metal' album is rather good as well. Lots of Autopsy/Maiden riffs/leads going on.
OrdenSatani

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like An Everflowing Stream is my favorite - Override of the Overture has caused me to quit breathing without realizing it.

I actually find myself listening to newer DISMEMBER a lot lately, especially The God That Never Was. 'Phantoms of the Oath' is possibly the best death metal instrumental I've ever heard. Havn't heard the new album, but a few die hard conservative fans told me it's very good, I'll have to check it out.

DISMEMBER and UNLEASHED are two Swedish bands that are consistently pumping out great records in the modern era.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donīt understand what people dislike with Massive Killing Capacity. I think itīs a solid album , quite melancholic sounding. The drumsound sucks a bit, but that doesnīt change much for me. The debut is still the best of all albums.
Kapalika

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Indecent" is a great album, slightly more melodic than "Like..." which is my favourite after "Pieces" which is perfect in its own way.

I have to say that I lost interest in Dismember after that album... it is not that the releases from "Massive..." on are shit but compared to the debut they are too tame for my taste. The latest one sounds quite good again, though.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pretty good album, but the first one is best. After Indescent and Obscene I'm not really interested in them.
Lycaon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love every album those fuckers have done. Indecent... is my favorite but this is a result from being one of the first death metal albums I ever heard. Emotional shit, you know.. Dreaming in Red is brilliant!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: