P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Psychedelic/progressive/totally weird/otherwise deviant BM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ride For Revenge - The King of Snakes
Distinguish to Kill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
Black Metal can't be progressive... it's regressive... otherwise it's not black metal...

Twisted Evil

Right, my fault. I meant it should resemble Black Metal in its musical elements (as far as this is possible, as Black Metal is more than just a genre copying Norwegian bands). Shit, I am angry at myself for this mistake, as I should have known better.

Thanks for all suggestions given, which I will comment when I am given the time.
s.charlach

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Psychedelic/progressive/totally weird/otherwise deviant Reply with quote

CraiGORE wrote:
NEGATIVE PLANE! Prog as fuck.

Helleluyah!

Distinguish to Kill wrote:
totally weird

What do you mean with that? There's plenty of weird stuff out there, but the very problem is that most of it simply sucks. Y'know, it's weird for the sake of being different and so there's a still catchy quality missing in most of so called weird releases what makes 'em almost impossible to listen to. That's why I stick to some classic releases that bear a good dose of unusual ideas without ending into a total noise fest.

Choronzon - Magog Agog
Soulgrind - Ladit A. D. 1999: Bihttpotb
Diabolicum - The Dark Blood Rising
Furze - Trident Autocrat

And for an individual approach you should go for Behelal's debut, Mordor and The Austrasian Goat. Especially the last two are pinnacles of composed darkness to me.
Kapalika

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysticum

Blacklodge
destructSEAN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Psychedelic/progressive/totally weird/otherwise deviant Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:

And for an individual approach you should go for Behelal's debut, Mordor and The Austrasian Goat. Especially the last two are pinnacles of composed darkness to me.

Cool
s.charlach

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Psychedelic/progressive/totally weird/otherwise deviant Reply with quote

destructSEAN wrote:
s.charlach wrote:

Cool

Got me! Very Happy

@DtK Btw, listening to Code's "Nouveau Gleaming" right now and this could also be a record worth mentioning in this thread. Deeply rooted in Norwegian Black Metal, but not that typical Norwegian on the other hand in the end.
passetiermes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Psychedelic/progressive/totally weird/otherwise deviant Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:

Choronzon - Magog Agog

Exclamation
Ps. Off topic, but I want to hear Crimson Awakening from vinyl!
Pazuzu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leviathan (US)
"Order From Chaos, this band knows how to metal and they know how to satan and they most definitely know how to arghgh. It dosen't suck dick and thats why faggots don't like them. I have entered the stillbirth machine, I suggest you cum too."
King_Ubu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aluk Todolo's "Descension" - although not purely BM - would fit the bill.

Some of Azrael's (US) albums would do the trick would also seem to do the trick, despite being quite a different beast.
stab the lamb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe the GAAHLSKAAG - funeral CD fits into this?
CraiGORE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can suggest some weird freakout prog, kind of proto-metal.
nexxxion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
Black Metal can't be progressive... it's regressive... otherwise it's not black metal...

Twisted Evil

Right, my fault. I meant it should resemble Black Metal in its musical elements (as far as this is possible, as Black Metal is more than just a genre copying Norwegian bands). Shit, I am angry at myself for this mistake, as I should have known better.

Thanks for all suggestions given, which I will comment when I am given the time.

Not your fault, bands able to bring new things to the table is a good thing.
The terms progression and Avant Garde have been homosexualized, but when it's done right I welcome that, instead of the same old shit warmed over.
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
A Forest Of Stars - The Corpse Of Rebirth

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G band Shocked
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're the only metal band I can think of that has actually effectively incorporated violin into the sound in such a way that it's part of the essence of the sound, and not just an add-on for the sake of being different.
Distinguish to Kill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nexxxion wrote:
sztorm75 wrote:

Twisted Evil

Not your fault, bands able to bring new things to the table is a good thing.
The terms progression and Avant Garde have been homosexualized, but when it's done right I welcome that, instead of the same old shit warmed over.

If I use a wrong description, it is my fault. It somehow is true that Black Metal is rather a raw/primitive/regressive art, less focussed on technical aspects than Power Metal, for example, so sztorm75 was not that wrong in pointing that out. No comment on the term homosexualized.

Another try:
I am looking for music based on both Black Metal and genres that seem totally unfitting, seemingly impossible to mix, but giving an interesting result. Like musical elements of Black Metal mixed with a new kind of feeling and atmosphere (like a trip, for example) or the feeling and music transposed into a new genre, where they bring forth something new and fascinating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: