P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Dark Adversary Productions - new release news etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snakenuts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that really is fantastic work, and a really great cover!
Guido

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:

In other news; the cover art for the upcoming Drowning the Light full length album “Cursed below the Waves”.
Cover art done by the brilliant Dariusz Zawadzki.
To be released later this year.

May I ask you how much do you paid for the cover? It seems it was an artwork he already painted right? This artist is amazing although his style is not highly original.
fantomasragnarok

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just beautiful art.
MrGoatimus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:
I thought I would give people a little bit of a "heads up" that pre-orders for Vampyric Blood "Howling in Candlelight" (limited to 250) & Drowning the Light "A World Long Dead" (limited to 200) on 12" vinyl starts in 2 days.
The vinyls will only be available through Seance Records!
A trusted label, and friends of mine for over 15 years!
These won't be available anywhere else.
Their shop is located here: https://shop.seancerecords.com/
I will of course post when these go up for sale!

Excellent news on both fronts. Looking forward to the new album as well.

I am glad to see "A World Long Dead" getting a re-issued on vinyl by Dark Adversary. I can only assume the quality will be better than my other copy. The vinyl release by Obscure Abhorrence has a few issues, I tried a couple different copies and both had skips on the track "Fate Forged In The Name Of Satan" in the same spots. So either a problem with the entire press or my turntable just hates to play this record.

*edit* Got a new turn table. A Technics Sl-1200 MK2, No skips at all now. It plays perfect. So it was my old POS turntable after all.

Last edited by MrGoatimus on Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
da666

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guido wrote:

May I ask you how much do you paid for the cover? It seems it was an artwork he already painted right? This artist is amazing although his style is not highly original.

How much I paid is definitely between myself and the artist/gallery, but indeed it is an already painted piece (titled "Scylla") I licensed, but one I found extremely fitting for the album (also quite striking, and unique at least in the realm of album covers).
He definitely takes a lot of influence from Beksinski, which is not a negative.

http://darkadversarymerch.bigcartel.com/
excruciation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find either release on the Seance website, are they already sold out?
da666

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrGoatimus wrote:
da666 wrote:
I thought I would give people a little bit of a "heads up" that pre-orders for Vampyric Blood "Howling in Candlelight" (limited to 250) & Drowning the Light "A World Long Dead" (limited to 200) on 12" vinyl starts in 2 days.
The vinyls will only be available through Seance Records!
A trusted label, and friends of mine for over 15 years!
These won't be available anywhere else.
Their shop is located here: https://shop.seancerecords.com/
I will of course post when these go up for sale!

Excellent news on both fronts. Looking forward to the new album as well.

I am glad to see "A World Long Dead" getting a re-issued on vinyl by Dark Adversary. I can only assume the quality will be better than my other copy. The vinyl release by Obscure Abhorrence has a few issues, I tried a couple different copies and both had skips on the track "Fate Forged In The Name Of Satan" in the same spots. So either a problem with the entire press or my turntable just hates to play this record.

That is strange about the original press, no one else has ever mentioned anything about it over the past decade. I might have to break my old copy out and check.
Is it during loud sound spikes in the song? The bass on that album definitely isn't booming, so i'm not sure what might be causing it to skip.
Is it on the black or coloured version? Or you've tried both?

I'll definitely be sure to pay particular attention to that track on the test pressings when they come, but I can't see any reason why it would be an issue on the new pressing (which will be on the 180gram heavy vinyl etc.).

Guido

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for the infos!
da666

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excruciation wrote:
I can't find either release on the Seance website, are they already sold out?

The post says two days from now (well it was 2 days when posted), so Friday (or it might still be thursday in the USA) when the pre-orders start.

I will make a post when they are available for pre-order as well of course, and probably a thread for the vinyls.

Vapula

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news about the Vampyric Blood LP pity the postage is going to cost a fortune for all of us outside Australia.
da666

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
Great news about the Vampyric Blood LP pity the postage is going to cost a fortune for all of us outside Australia.

Seance records has extremely reasonable postage prices for vinyls, cheaper than you'd expect for sure (also trackable).
Not to mention with the aussie dollar currently in the toilet, the exchange rate makes it even better.
Australian postage price was one of the key reasons I stopped doing vinyl from here, but now there is an option to do it for a reasonable price.
So fear not.

Also those outside of Oz, if you want to know the price conversion of items, on the Seance site, change the drop down menu on the top right of the page to your currency, as by default it's set to $AUD.

MrGoatimus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:

That is strange about the original press, no one else has ever mentioned anything about it over the past decade. I might have to break my old copy out and check.
Is it during loud sound spikes in the song? The bass on that album definitely isn't booming, so i'm not sure what might be causing it to skip.
Is it on the black or coloured version? Or you've tried both?

I'll definitely be sure to pay particular attention to that track on the test pressings when they come, but I can't see any reason why it would be an issue on the new pressing (which will be on the 180gram heavy vinyl etc.).

Yes. The skips happens during the crescendo, when the vocals get really loud near the end of the song. It happens at the exact same points on both black vinyl versions I have tried. I would be curious on your feedback here, as it is something I have wondered for a long time. Although, if there have been no other complaints over the years, it is mostly likely just my old turntable not being able to handle it..

Good to hear the new one is 180g heavy vinyl. I can't wait to give it a spin when it is released. I am sure it will play flawless.

*edit* The issue was my shitty turntable.

Last edited by MrGoatimus on Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Salix

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:

I am proud to announce Dark Adversary Productions will be doing the official rerelease of the one and only Kinstrife & Blood album "On Paths Long Forgotten..."
I remember back in 2003 when Balam & Phobos recorded this masterpiece and how much of a majestic journey it was, now 15 years later it still withstands the test of time and is as majestic and epic as ever!
Another random fact, back in 2003 myself and Balam were doing a label together called "Dark Icon Productions" which this album was originally going to be released through, but it did not come to be, and in 2006 was released by Goatowarex.
However it is an honour to be rereleasing this on CD & eventually viny under the Dark Adversary banner!
Once again lighting an ancient flame in the darkness, and illuminating the paths long forgotten...
More news soon!

That is indeed a really great album, the only Summoning influenced band that I can think of that I like, reminiscent of Minas Morgul and Dol Guldur days!

Now, what I would definitly like, is a re-release of Orrery's Nine Odes to Oblivion, come on aussies, that is one stellar album!

(EDIT) Well, now that I think about it, Kinstrife and Blood reminds me more of Strongold, than the 2 others I cited, which is not a bad thing either!
snakenuts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:
Vapula wrote:

Seance records has extremely reasonable postage prices for vinyls, cheaper than you'd expect for sure (also trackable).
Not to mention with the aussie dollar currently in the toilet, the exchange rate makes it even better.
Australian postage price was one of the key reasons I stopped doing vinyl from here, but now there is an option to do it for a reasonable price.
So fear not.

Also those outside of Oz, if you want to know the price conversion of items, on the Seance site, change the drop down menu on the top right of the page to your currency, as by default it's set to $AUD.

I second this. Got a quote for one LP the other day: $AUS12 to Broken Hill, NSW, or $AUS13 to Tokyo. $12 is pretty steep for within Aus posting but only a dollar more for international is fantastic
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:

In other news; the cover art for the upcoming Drowning the Light full length album “Cursed below the Waves”.
Cover art done by the brilliant Dariusz Zawadzki.
To be released later this year.

WOW! That cover is wicked. Makes you almost think you hear the music that would have to accompany that cover already... lush, deep... atmospheric and mesmerizing. ...its lacks some of the 'horror' details one would think such a band would like in the art, but talk about how great that is going to look as a LP cover
Laughing

...next album to have Hellboy on it? ...or better yet that sandman assassin character Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: