P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

ebay/paypal/how to return something without getting burned

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: ebay/paypal/how to return something without getting burned Reply with quote

so....i got a record from our own julio brasil yesterday. ebay listing stated it was mint, but the cover has a serious price sticker tear, so i want my money back.

a while back, when he was a more active member of the list, i wouldn't have sweat just sending this back to him and taking his word that he'd refund me my money, but i remember some people having trouble with this guy, so now i feel as if i need to be careful or he might just burn me twice.

any tips on how to insure that i get a refund upon him receiving this record back? thanks in advance for any help.
CR99

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my experience claiming it is not as advertised wont help at all, at least I always lost the claim then. Say you didnt got it.
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, according to the info. I posted on Yosuke's thread, he's got two strikes against him for seller protection:

1) He's not in the U.S.
2) It's not as advertised

If Paypal is true to their (stupid) policy, you should claim #2 and get your refund based on #1 and #2.
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
From my experience claiming it is not as advertised wont help at all, at least I always lost the claim then. Say you didnt got it.

I'm curious about what happened in this/these case(s). Can you say more about this? Did you provide pictures or anything to support your claim?
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

CR99

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1)Recieved the records, records are fucked
2)I: The records are fucked, I want my money back or a partly refund
3)seller: no messages whatsoever
4)PayPal after 36 years: Please call an official expert to verify the conditions of these items during 7 days
5)I: (wtf) I'll send you pictures
6)pictures sent
7)PayPal after 2 months : You have lost the claim asshole
Grief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
Well, according to the info. I posted on Yosuke's thread, he's got two strikes against him for seller protection:

1) He's not in the U.S.

Pardon me, bit i saw you also refer to this in anoher thread and i think you may be confused. Paypal.com's seller protection may very well only apply to those resident in the US, but there are lots of other paypal.whatevers with their very own seller protection policies. No idea about Brazil, but certainly seller protection is very much available from paypal here in the UK.

http://www.discogs.com/seller/Grief_Foundation
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUCK!!!!! I did the same mistake and bid on him!! I hope that this will end well, thankfuly was a low bid. I don't know if I'm lucky or because I'm starting the "I'll hunt you down motherfucker, my money back" type of e-mails but I've never lost a claim. I only lost a case with a motherfucker because of the deadline. I had two cases with "not as described" issue and both won without having to consult an expert and submit a report to paypal. In the one seller sent refund and in the other case paypal did.

Grief wrote:
Paypal.com's seller protection may very well only apply to those resident in the US

No it's not limited to USA. Paypal has a branch in Europe as well (Luxenburg I think) so europeans as well as americans are protected. Rest of the world too I think. In general buyers are more favored than sellers when it comes to disputes Confused In fact sellers are fucked hard even if they have 100% right.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The inability of a seller to give negative feedbacks is also a terrible thing for a seller. If in the past I didn't give a feedback before receiving a positive one myself, thus getting more protected from receiving negative feedbacks that might be caused by things I'm not responsible of (the postage stuff I mean), now I just post a positive feedback the moment I get the payment, hoping that it won't come across any shitty postman who can damage the package.
And as for Julio - I've never dealt with him, but it's very basic logic - if he lied about the vinyl's condition, it's very naive to trust him about giving you the money back. I suggest you that you just post him a negative feedback (now you can do it without any fear, because he can't give you a negative one), put some other price sticker on the sleeve and ENJOY THE FUCKIN' MUSIC!

Regressive Rape MetalPunk: WWW.HEINOUS.BANDCAMP.COM
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grief wrote:
IXTAB wrote:

1) He's not in the U.S.

Pardon me, bit i saw you also refer to this in anoher thread and i think you may be confused. Paypal.com's seller protection may very well only apply to those resident in the US, but there are lots of other paypal.whatevers with their very own seller protection policies. No idea about Brazil, but certainly seller protection is very much available from paypal here in the UK.

That makes sense. I'm glad I'm wrong.
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: