P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

T E I T A N B L O O D
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

T E I T A N B L O O D
Genocide Chants To Apolokian Dawn (2004)
5%
 5%  [ 14 ]
Split w/ Proclamation (2005)
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Split w/ Necros Christos (2006)
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Seven Chalices (2009)
50%
 50%  [ 120 ]
Purging Tongues (2011)
5%
 5%  [ 14 ]
Woven Black Arteries (Sanctified Dysecdysis) (2012)
6%
 6%  [ 16 ]
Death (2014)
28%
 28%  [ 67 ]
Total Votes : 239

al_infierno

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
I remember being on drugs, looking through the booklet while listening to Seven Chalices for the first time and getting my mind fucking blown. It struck me as some of the most evil music I had ever heard, outside Morbid Angel maybe. I promptly called my buddy the next day to come over and check it out, handed him the booklet, cranked the stereo and he pretty much had the same experience I did hahaha. Yeah so SC easily

The drawings in that Seven Chalices booklet makes for some great acid nights, eh? Smile

Bostitch wrote:

I quit before starting such a Bullshit, i get an Orgasm otherwise or buy some other Tapes from other Labels.
Y.E

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty difficult poll. Everything this band has done is excellent. If I really had to choose, I would choose Seven Chalices. Monstrous masterpiece!
Make War Not Love

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purging tongues by far, followed by Death
Widdershins

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.C.B wrote:
Widdershins wrote:
Death and the split with Proclamation. Absolute monuments of rabid black/death metal, almost perfect. Death especially. When under the influence it's almost like religious experience in it's intensity and overwhelming aura. The whole concept behind the album combined with the music and lyrics emphasize this even further. Still remains in regular rotation since its release four years ago.

Everything the band has done is excellent though. SD is definitely another favorite along with Infernal Abomination of Death.

Play the album track order in reverse. the album has a whole other different insane feel to it, which i prefer.

This is an excellent idea actually, I'll have to try this the next time I'm tripped out.

And booklet for Seven Chalices is almost MEANT to be looked at on drugs it seems like. That's easily my favorite work Ketola has ever done.
Ough

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Widdershins wrote:

And booklet for Seven Chalices is almost MEANT to be looked at on drugs it seems like. That's easily my favorite work Ketola has ever done.

Absolutely. I was so taken by it I sought out Mr. Ketola for a print and logo design haha. That was my introduction to his work.

http://nghtrhthms.com
theconquerorwurm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Widdershins wrote:

Seconded, this booklet is the perfect insert. The way the music mixes with the visuals, monumental record. Everything Teitanblood has done is good, not sure I could cast a vote.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been under no drug substance while listening to Teitanblood. I'm either old, too cold, or too boring.
Final Holocaust

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno if I've replied to this post before, but after listening to 7C yesterday I'd say I like the whole discography for what it is - received 7C back in the day and enjoyed its grinding madness la Carcass/Repulsion, but Death came afterwards and just for the Reifert duo and its pseudo-industrial feel mixed with the usual Nuclear Death frenzy and some extra SadEx influence I'm inclined to like it better. "Sanctified..." is still their best song, and I'm starting to like the demo much more than I did before. The only thing that I don't like as much is Accursed Skin. Flawless discography indeed.
Desolatio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Widdershins wrote:
Death and the split with Proclamation. Absolute monuments of rabid black/death metal, almost perfect. Death especially. When under the influence it's almost like religious experience in it's intensity and overwhelming aura. The whole concept behind the album combined with the music and lyrics emphasize this even further. Still remains in regular rotation since its release four years ago.

Everything the band has done is excellent though. SD is definitely another favorite along with Infernal Abomination of Death.

I haven't tried listening to Teitanblood while stoned yet, but I remember that one time I was sitting there listening to Seven Chalices while actively focusing on music, lyrics and visuals (as I believe all serious Black/Death Metal should be listened) and it definitely was a terrifying experience. The whole vision in my mind was terrific, like something ancient, foul, filthy, bestial. I've never had such dreadful listening session, it took me like an hour for the effect to wear down. I still struggle to find out what makes Teitanblood to stand out from all other bands, because the formula is similar but far more potent. Will try Death tonight with a little help Wink
Widdershins

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desolatio wrote:
Widdershins wrote:

I haven't tried listening to Teitanblood while stoned yet, but I remember that one time I was sitting there listening to Seven Chalices while actively focusing on music, lyrics and visuals (as I believe all serious Black/Death Metal should be listened) and it definitely was a terrifying experience. The whole vision in my mind was terrific, like something ancient, foul, filthy, bestial. I've never had such dreadful listening session, it took me like an hour for the effect to wear down. I still struggle to find out what makes Teitanblood to stand out from all other bands, because the formula is similar but far more potent. Will try Death tonight with a little help Wink

You absolutely should listen while stoned, if you found SC to be intense then I think Death would be on a whole other level even if the artwork isn't quite as intense and elaborate...

I think what makes them stand out is how NSK is genius at combining various styles and forming them into his own. As some other posters have pointed out, it's like this blending of Blasphemy, Autopsy, Nuclear Death, Beherit, Sadisitik Exekution, and a few others I'm probably forgetting. His vocals and the drumming make the band stand out even more. Also the FUCKING SOLOS!!! Especially on Death, the soloing in Cadaver Synod alone is beyond devastating and so incredibly intense...

When Death came out, I had been taking a break from all substances for about a two year period. When I got my copy of Death I immediately took two hits of pretty strong LSD before putting the album on and proceeded to listen to the album non-stop for almost five and a half hours, going back and listening to segments, repeating parts of songs. The visuals that were induced by the music alone were so overwhelmingly consuming it was an experience I'll never forget. Pure euphoria. For example I distinctly remember visions of droves of children being fed into a Molochian furnace during Anteinferno....

I've rambled and gone off on many a tangent to friends and acquaintances about how much I love Death and all the little details in regards to the album hah...
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Widdershins wrote:
Desolatio wrote:
Widdershins wrote:

You absolutely should listen while stoned, if you found SC to be intense then I think Death would be on a whole other level even if the artwork isn't quite as intense and elaborate...

I think what makes them stand out is how NSK is genius at combining various styles and forming them into his own. As some other posters have pointed out, it's like this blending of Blasphemy, Autopsy, Nuclear Death, Beherit, Sadisitik Exekution, and a few others I'm probably forgetting. His vocals and the drumming make the band stand out even more. Also the FUCKING SOLOS!!! Especially on Death, the soloing in Cadaver Synod alone is beyond devastating and so incredibly intense...

When Death came out, I had been taking a break from all substances for about a two year period. When I got my copy of Death I immediately took two hits of pretty strong LSD before putting the album on and proceeded to listen to the album non-stop for almost five and a half hours, going back and listening to segments, repeating parts of songs. The visuals that were induced by the music alone were so overwhelmingly consuming it was an experience I'll never forget. Pure euphoria. For example I distinctly remember visions of droves of children being fed into a Molochian furnace during Anteinferno....

I've rambled and gone off on many a tangent to friends and acquaintances about how much I love Death and all the little details in regards to the album hah...

Don't forget one of TTNBLD's main influence; The mighty Katharsis! And in sole agreement that TTNBLD stands head and shoulders above every active death metal band. No one brings the fucking intensity like they do. Demo will always be my favorite, just pure evil magic, but goddamn if Seven Chalices and Death are not monsterpieces. Perfect discography.
Desolatio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Widdershins wrote:
Desolatio wrote:
Widdershins wrote:

You are right on every level. I only had casual listenings of Death, I usually do that to get the feel of the album, the songs, what stands out in particular, but I never went through it like I did with SC. Maybe I am too afraid of the overwhelming experience Twisted Evil NSK voice is so potent it does not feel human at all. My vision of SC was a watery cave with moist atmosphere, and serpents slithering all over the rocks. As mist covered the place, something out of this world and ancient was emerging from that watery abyss (perhaps like in the cover artwork). It was all so vivid. I think the artwork for Death suits the music fairly well, SC's was more of a primitive and savage effort, thus the abysmal drawings, whereas the more ominous, Dantesque feeling of Death requires a more "formal" representation.

I was a bit disappointed by Accursed Skin, but that was more of a filler, I am sure the third opus will bring the madness to even higher levels of depravity.
RottingGrandmaCorpse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will we see a third opus n 2018?
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd opus will probably either never happen or spring forth out of nowhere, as all NOVEDIA releases are. I can't imagine how much better J has gotten at drums, that guy is a fucking beast.
SWO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accursed Skin has a very strong Swedish Death metal feel to it I find. It's fine but I hope they don't continue in that direction, it was disappointing because I was expecting something on par with Death or Sanctified, not a rather "one-off" track.

Fuck metal, hail interludes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: