P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bootleg Horror Stories and Ass Kickings Glory
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Bootleg Horror Stories and Ass Kickings Glory Reply with quote

Any great stories making the rounds of pissed off band members that never made the paid ($$$) off the bootlegs that sometimes made small ebay fortune ? ...or were even just pressed with no permission.

Some bootlegs appear acceptable and tolerated, while others appear to piss off labels and band members to some degree. Has any blood ever spilled or has the last black metal violence been the now so far off church burnings of old. Wink

Maybe this thread's been done before, I don't know. However I am curious.
nexxxion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Colours payed for the recording of Agatus' Dawn of Martyrdom. Months later they saw the flyers for the CD to be released by Hypervorea. No Colours weren't amused and released their CD -- mastered from an advance tape and the demo added -- to recover their loss.
The hairy greeks weren't amused aither and threatened to come beat them and stuff, they never had the guts to show up though.
Morbid69

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to follow through on threats. Wheres the sense in flying all the way to Germany to belt someone over some cash? Maybe if he raped your wife, or kneecapped your brother.

Then again, Agatus will be in Germany for Hells Pleasure next year, maybe we'll find No Colors owner in his underpants with 42 stab wounds.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I never heard about a bootlegging case inside the metal scene being punished in one way or another, be it the legal way or with fists and fury.

Carsten from SOLISTITIUM/ MILLENIUM METAL MUSIC tried to sue PERVERTED TASTE for bootlegging a few years ago. He collected invoices from business partners which state that PT sold this and that title wholesale to them. BUt in the end he failed because of "lack of proof" if I remember right. And this was on a legal basis inside germany, so imagine how far something like this will go on a international basis. To sue someone you´ll have to put lot´s of money into your lawyers ass first, and since we´re talking about metal here and not the hollywood movie mafia the chance to get as much money back as you need to put into the whole thing is near zero.

Last edited by Nocturnal Deathstrike on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chit019

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Bootleg story but whatever happened to that Bunkur guy btw? I remember couple of years ago, He ripped off people and bands for hundreds of euros and now he's hiding from gigs to avoid getting his ass kicked.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Actually, I never heard about a bootlegging case inside the metal scene being punished in one way or another, be it the legal way or with fists and fury.

Carsten from SOLISTITIUM/ MILLENIUM METAL MUSIC tried to sue PERVERTED TASTE for bootlegging a few years ago. He collected invoices from business partners which state that PT sold this and that title wholesale to them. BUt in the end he failed because of "lack of proof" if I remember right. And this was on a legal basis inside germany, so imagine how far something like this will go on a international basis. To sue someone you´ll have to put lot´s of money into your lawyers ass first, and since we´re talking about metal here and not the hollywood movie mafia the chance to get as much money back as you need to put into the whole thing is near zero.

nevertheless, if my memory serves me well, Darkmoon have had to pay a lot for the Master's Hammer 7".

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
CR99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:

nevertheless, if my memory serves me well, Darkmoon have had to pay a lot for the Master's Hammer 7".

precisely?
These 7" were sold for quite a sum after the remaining stocks were spreaded (~12€ each)
masters_throne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
masters_throne wrote:

precisely?
These 7" were sold for quite a sum after the remaining stocks were spreaded (~12€ each)

to osmose. that's all I know...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Gemini NCE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about "The oath of black blood"? It is compromised of two recordings "Dawn of Satan's Millennium" and "Demonomancy" im sure, everyone knows that story of studio money being spent on drugs and booze.... Now we have the "Oath of black Blood"....
passetiermes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the story/plot behind getting the Dry Blood material from Master's Hammer? I remember it has been told on this forum, but I've forgotten all the details.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
What was the story/plot behind getting the Dry Blood material from Master's Hammer? I remember it has been told on this forum, but I've forgotten all the details.

I think Marcel stole the master tape from one of the band members home while visting him. That´s what I "heard" about it.
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it is rumored that Spaller of Sombre visited Storms house and stole this unreleased demo. There were more song on it but only two got on this 7"
Most likely this visiting story is bullshit, very shady label
passetiermes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to believe! That story is a sign of dedication and fits nicely to the legend of unreleased album.
Maybe he died because Master's Hammer dudes did some black magic? Very Happy
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don´t think this story is very unlikely, Spaller lived near the czech border and was in contact with many czech guys who probably knew MH personally. And how my experiences with Marcel where I have no doubts he would do something like this when he had the chance to.
Stygian Shadows 'zine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
I don´t think this story is very unlikely, Spaller lived near the czech border and was in contact with many czech guys who probably knew MH personally. And how my experiences with Marcel where I have no doubts he would do something like this when he had the chance to.

Yeah, Marcel was a strange guy but now he is dead, so about dead good or nothing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: