P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

whats the story with possessed/ma split and mayhem/emperor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benhogg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: whats the story with possessed/ma split and mayhem/emperor Reply with quote

I bought these at a record shop last night and I'd seen them both online, the Possessed/Morbid Angel split lp with demos from each band. The first thing I notice is that the print on the cheap cover says the MA songs are from the "The Kingdom Come" demo and unless I'm getting senile it was actually the "Thy kingdom COme". Small difference but the sort of thing a design guy or label guy or somebody needs to notice. Chapel of Souls is the label credited.

The other release is the Mayhem/Emperor holding outtake and demo songs from each. Emperor doing 3 covers and one original, Mayhem did all originals. Dead is pictured on the shitty xeroxed insert and it says it limited to 500. Any validity to that? Also the vinyl is orange.

I tried hunting the web about the releases but it's just people trying to sell them to me, not coming across with the whole ugly truth's. I figure several of ya'll know about these inside and out so any info would be cool. I dropped 14.99$ on the E/M and $16.99 on the P/MA.
peterott

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap. Nelson. Brazil.

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4802&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=nelson&start=3

EDIT: That Possessed/Morbid Angel Bootleg got bootlegged as well. Original bootleg was with colour cover, bootleg of the bootleg came with b/w cover. Or vice versa, who knows....(except Nelson).
Professor Black

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One point of interest with some of these is that it's the only way to own some of certain tracks on vinyl. (e.g. the Emperor covers, if I'm not mistaken.)

At least the price you paid was fair. I picked up some of these for $10-15 and found them for the most part worth it. And keeping in mind that the biggest "piece of the pie" from the price is going to the dealer/shop/distro, rather than the manufacturer of these records, I'm fine with it. Others may disagree.
dawn patrol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mayhem side is the actual Wolf's Lair Abyss album, with terribly low volume and crackly fuzz sound.
benhogg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds awful. I'll check it out tomorrow. Is it the same recording as WLA? Or just the same tracks being demoed or something?
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawn patrol wrote:
The mayhem side is the actual Wolf's Lair Abyss album, with terribly low volume and crackly fuzz sound.

Razz
The bootleggers secret revealed... download original album, play on stereo, record from across room with cheap tape deck.
Make shitload of tapes or CD-R's with photo copies cover and sell as rare and obscure demo.

The need to own everything with a bands logo on it, this is what people deserve. Laughing
brown growth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
dawn patrol wrote:

Razz
The bootleggers secret revealed... download original album, play on stereo, record from across room with cheap tape deck.
Make shitload of tapes or CD-R's with photo copies cover and sell as rare and obscure demo.

The need to own everything with a bands logo on it, this is what people deserve. Laughing

That's pretty damn hilarious.
benhogg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That most definately does not describe me. It seemed interesting so I took a flyer on it. Worth a shot. I'd like to hear Emperors take on those covers anyway.

Shit, I had the Deathcrush demo tape when the fucking thing came out. Either from Metalion or Euronymous. I found an old letter the other day from Metalion where he asked me if i had heard of the new band from his region called Mayhem and he was preparing to do their PR. I don't remember what I wrote him back. I remembered them showing up. At the time I thought the first riff of Deathcrush was the greatest thing ever, but then I thought it devolved into shit. I learned to love it later on.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brown growth wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
dawn patrol wrote:

Razz

That's pretty damn hilarious.

Shit like that is nothing new ! I the tape trading days some tape traders felt the need to have something more special to trade than others and then faked demos and live recordings while making album recordings sound more shitty by dubbing it hundred times with different EQs and so on.
There are BATHORY and HELLHAMMER live recordings with the actual albums played and some guys playing the audience in the living room, the scene recorded with a tape deck, there it is ....
benhogg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man that's fucked up.

Like Ludichrist said "Most People Are Dicks".
CR99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

and the need to own everything "lim 88 handnumbered"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: